Mario Tennis Open

Re: Mario Tennis 3DS

Easmo said:
Agreed. Though Toad tends to be playable every now and then while Toadette seems to be demoted to an NPC IF she appears at all. I dunno why but I tend to root for the under-appreciated characters :P In other words: Nintendo, please, give us playable Toad and Toadette, okay?

Also, I hope Rosalina learns sports other than kart racing. It would be fun to have such a "serious" character (as serious as you can be in a Mario game anyway) playing tennis with items, powershorts and that sort of crazy Mario-esque gameplay. It already happened with Kart racing, so, why not?

I agree with both your statements. Toad and Toadette would have been awesome, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi might need some appreciation (I'm pretty sure they fall under the "under-appreciated" category), and I'm totally rooting for Rosalina to be playable.

Me too, Toad and Toadette deserve places and Rosalina should be in more spinoffs.

Toad being removed in the first place is a silly move by itself. He's a really well-known character, even playable in Mario Tennis 64.

And.....they take him out.

Baby Luigi said:
Toad being removed in the first place is a silly move by itself. He's a really well-known character, even playable in Mario Tennis 64.

Indeed. He was even playable in the original Mario's Tennis for the Virtualboy (no matter how obscure it is).

It's a silly idea to cut popular characters in the games as there will always be backlash from the fans. The more, the merrier and more people would be happy that way.

Propeller Toad said:
Baby Luigi said:

Indeed. He was even playable in the original Mario's Tennis for the Virtualboy (no matter how obscure it is).

It's a silly idea to cut popular characters in the games as there will always be backlash from the fans. The more, the merrier and more people would be happy that way.

Yup.

Just look at what happened to Waluigi in Mario Kart 7

Good doubles teams (in my opinion) that they should add:
Dry Bones and Hammer Bro.
Monty Mole and Blooper
King Boo and Rosalina

Evil Magikrazy said:
Monty Mole and Blooper
King Boo and Rosalina

Hmm, makes sense except the King Boo thing. He should be paired with Petey Piranha. Wiggler....I don't know who her partner could be. I'm stumped at this one

Rosalina should be paired with Lubba.

The pairs I think should get added in:

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi
Baby Peach and Baby Daisy (couldn't resist Baby Peach's voice in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Super Sluggers :P)
Toad and Toadette
Dixie Kong and Funky Kong

Shy Guy should be paired with Fly Guy while Paratroopa should get paired with Dry Bones

All my suggestions along with yours will make a fabulous roster!

Who gets in is something we shouldn't complain about, They are nice enough to give us these amazing games and all we do is complain that something we don't like is there. Are we turning into Sonic fanboys here? Where we get our expectations extremely high only to be shot down because a couple small things didnt happen?

There's a problem: we are not complaining because of some character doesn't get in, we are complaining because some of our favorite characters don't get in. I know exactly how that feels. Having a favorite character missing is like having a giant hole and no matter how many modes, features, etc., gets put in, the experience will never be truly fulfulling because of that spot where your favorite character used to be

Baby Luigi said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Monty Mole and Blooper
King Boo and Rosalina

Hmm, makes sense except the King Boo thing. He should be paired with Petey Piranha. Wiggler....I don't know who her partner could be. I'm stumped at this one

Kip and Kass
Toad and Toadette
Dixie Kong and Candy Kong

Shy Guy should be paired with Fly Guy while Paratroopa should get paired with Dry Bones

Funky Kong into replaced by Candy Kong.
Baby Peach and Baby Daisy replaced by Kip and Kass.

Default characters
Mario (All-Around)
Luigi (All-Around)
Peach (Technique)
Daisy (Technique)
Yoshi (Speedy)
Birdo (All-Around)
Wario (Power)
Waluigi (Defensive)
Koopa Troopa (Speedy)
Koopa Paratroopa (Technique)
Shy Guy (Technique)
Fly Guy (Tricky)
Boo (Tricky)
King Boo (Power)
Toad (Technique)
Baby Mario (Speedy)
Donkey Kong (Power)
Diddy Kong (Speedy)
Bowser (Power)
Bowser Jr. (Tricky)
Wiggler (Defensive)
Petey Piranha (Power)

Unlockable characters
Toadette (Technique)
Baby Luigi (Speedy)
Dry Bones (Tricky)
Dry Bowser (Power)
Rosalina (Defensive)
Lubba (Power)
Magikoopa (Technique)
Hammer Bro. (Power)
Dixie Kong (Technique)
Candy Kong (All-Around)
Kip (Speedy)
Kass (Speedy)
Kritter (Power)
King K. Rool (Power)

Total 36 characters. (Starter: 22, Unlockable: 14)
All Around - 4
Technique - 8
Speedy - 7
Power - 10
Defensive - 3
Tricky - 4

Pair 2 character
Mario & Luigi
Peach & Daisy
Yoshi & Birdo
Wario & Waluigi
DK & Diddy
Bowser & Bowser Jr.
Koopa T. & Koopa P.
Shy Guy & Fly Guy
Toad & Toadette*
Magikoopa* & Hammer Bro.*
Boo & King Boo
B. Mario & B. Luigi*
Wiggler & Petey Piranha
Rosalina* & Lubba*
Dry Bones* & Dry Bowser*
Dixie* & Candy*
Kip* & Kass*
Kritter* & K. Rool*

*: Unlockable.

First, don't double post, second,

It's a good roster except Candy, Kip, and Kass. Better characters could be put in easily

New Super Mario said:
First, don't double post, second,

It's a good roster except Candy, Kip, and Kass. Better characters could be put in easily

Funky was already playable in MKWii and MBWii.
But, Candy is not playable.
I want Mario Sports game playable debut.

Team Mate update

manasword said:
Baby Luigi said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Monty Mole and Blooper
King Boo and Rosalina

Kip and Kass
Toad and Toadette
Dixie Kong and Candy Kong

Funky Kong into replaced by Candy Kong.
Baby Peach and Baby Daisy replaced by Kip and Kass.
OMG, Dorayaki sockpuppet!

Too many DK characters. Dk has his own series for a reason. And weren't Kip and Kass those two filler Kremlins that they put in the DK Racing game to make it seem like it had a good roster? I wanna see some generic enemies be playable, like Wiggler was, and Fly Guy, Paratroopa as well as Petey Piranha.

Isn't it obvious? Red Yoshi!

Mario Tennis should have just Mario characters. Diddy is alright, but anymore Kongs would ruin it. IMO.

I wouldn't mind a Goomba and Paragoomba playable (well, as long as Baby Mario and Baby Luigi make it in that is :P). Goombas need more playable roles in spin-offs. And I would so totally want a Pianta playable.

Apparently, this game is going to be called "Mario Tennis Open", and it's going to be released May 20th:

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/mario-tennis-open-to-be-released-on-may-20th

http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Mario-Tennis-Open/5003532/

Back