Overated Mario games

I don't really know, I just found it more enjoyable. Just by a little bit, though. The original was fantastic as well.

I can't argue with that. To each his own.

Baby Luigi said:
For a character who appears in the boxart, Yoshi rarely appears in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Which is a good thing I find that wasted potential.
It kinda disappointed me how few the levels you use Yoshi in.

Pandapow said:
Baby Luigi said:
For a character who appears in the boxart, Yoshi rarely appears in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Which is a good thing I find that wasted potential.
It kinda disappointed me how few the levels you use Yoshi in.
However, it's good they actually included Yoshi.

Actually, I think quite the contrary. Having Yoshi appear in the boxart and him almost nonexistent in the game is just as bad as him not being there at all. It looks like he is pure neglected when it's supposed to be his turn to shine.

Baby Luigi said:
Actually, I think quite the contrary. Having Yoshi appear in the boxart and him almost nonexistent in the game is just as bad as him not being there at all. It looks like he is pure neglected when it's supposed to be his turn to shine.
At least he appears in main stream games some characters (cough :waluigi: cough :daisy:) only appear in spinoffs

Yoshi's lack of appearances in NSMB Wii is disturbing. Of course, that is easily fixed by hacking the game and setting up your own levels.

MnSG said:
Yoshi's lack of appearances in NSMB Wii is disturbing. Of course, that is easily fixed by hacking the game and setting up your own levels.
Yeah i was also disappointed that they didn't use the original 4 Yoshi colors complete with there awesome powers

I liked Yoshi in New Super Mario Bros Wii. Why? Because he provides the perfect shield for me, plus he gives me an extra jump where I can leap off of him.

And he doesn't make a single bit of noise, other than that riding noise. :)

Gillbergfan said:
MnSG said:
Yeah i was also disappointed that they didn't use the original 4 Yoshi colors complete with there awesome powers

Oddly, the Red Yoshi was a beta element, so it was planned on being used before it got replaced. At least you can hack the game and change the color of one of the Yoshis to make it red.

MnSG said:
Gillbergfan said:
MnSG said:

Oddly, the Red Yoshi was a beta element, so it was planned on being used before it got replaced. At least you can hack the game and change the color of one of the Yoshis to make it red.
Yep at first they were planning on using the original colors but... ya know

The game itself doesn't deserve all the praise, but its influence to the series and the gaming world do.

Leonyx said:
The game itself doesn't deserve all the praise, but its influence to the series and the gaming world do.

I didn't mention the influence, did I? I agree with you on that. The game itself isn't the best, but it's influence on the Mario series and the gaming community as a whole is astounding.

That was why I don't think it is overrated, which is what you said in your post.

Leonyx said:
That was why I don't think it is overrated, which is what you said in your post.

That is what I said. The game itself is extremely overrated, but the lasting effects on the Mario series astounds me.

Okay, but because you said that Super Mario Bros. 3 was overrated, and that you didn't mention its influence at all, one could assume that you were talking about how the game was overrated and not considering the influence at all. That's exactly why I made my post. Many people probably consider the influence (both on the gaming industry and their own lives) as a part of its rating, and that's why it's rated so high.

Back