Overated Mario games

Mario Party 7. I really don't get why people think it's so good. I'm not saying it's bad, but Bowser Time, nerfed orbs and boring boards are what makes me not like it so much. Plus Koopa Kid wasn't playable(he's my 2nd favorite character to use)

yoshi123 said:
Mario Party 7. I really don't get why people think it's so good. I'm not saying it's bad, but Bowser Time, nerfed orbs and boring boards are what makes me not like it so much. Plus Koopa Kid wasn't playable(he's my 2nd favorite character to use)

That's not overrated at all, actually. A lot of people think it's the worst GCN Mario Party

Leonyx said:
Okay, but because you said that Super Mario Bros. 3 was overrated, and that you didn't mention its influence at all, one could assume that you were talking about how the game was overrated and not considering the influence at all. That's exactly why I made my post. Many people probably consider the influence (both on the gaming industry and their own lives) as a part of its rating, and that's why it's rated so high.

I don't. I take a game for face value.

I agree with people saying Super Mario Bros. 3 is overrated.

SMB 3 and SMG 2 are the obvious ones. Additionally, I agree that the NSMB for the DS was pretty overrated. It was fun, but it wasn't one of the greatest in my opinion. The Wii version was a lot better in my opinion.

I disagree with anybody that says SMB 3 is over rated it's one of the greatest video games of all time i think it's a 10 out of 10

Tatanga said:
I disagree with anybody that says SMB 3 is over rated it's one of the greatest video games of all time i think it's a 10 out of 10

And that's why it is overrated

Baby Luigi said:
Tatanga said:

The influence on the series is good, but all the hype? No, no, no.

Baby Luigi said:
Tatanga said:
The game itself was great, but to me was only a 9 out of 10. It does not deserve the 10/10 that almost everyone gives it. I gave Wario's Woods a higher score: 9.2/10.

I only played a small amount of Super Mario Bros. 3, so I can't say too much. However, I do agree it really does not live up to its hype.

Baby Luigi said:
I only played a small amount of Super Mario Bros. 3, so I can't say too much. However, I do agree it really does not live up to its hype.

I got to world 2-5. Then I died. Then I had to start over, because my brother wanted to play. I've never made it to 2-5 since.

Toad85 said:
Baby Luigi said:

I got to world 2-5. Then I died. Then I had to start over, because my brother wanted to play. I've never made it to 2-5 since.
So you rate a game you never beat ive actually beaten SMB3 so i know what i'm talking about

Tatanga said:
Toad85 said:
Baby Luigi said:

So you rate a game you never beat ive actually beaten SMB3 so i know what i'm talking about
I rate what i've played. That includes the first two worlds. You don't need to beat a game to know if it's good or bad. And, for the way I rate, you don't even need to play much of it.

I will agree that Super Mario Bros. 3 does not live up to the hype in terms of gameplay. I think it kind of perfected Mario style platforming though.

Toad85 said:
Tatanga said:
Toad85 said:
Baby Luigi said:

I rate what i've played. That includes the first two worlds. You don't need to beat a game to know if it's good or bad. And, for the way I rate, you don't even need to play much of it.
No you can't say a game is over rated than tell a person you only got through the first world and half of the second cause that means you have no idea what the majority of the game is like

tl;dr All of the Mario games since Sunshine with a few exceptions.

Sunshie was terrible. Super Mario Galaxy was poor. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was decent. New Super Mario Bros. was hard but easy (don't tell me how that works). New Super Mario Bros. Wii was too hard to be accessible to it's target audience. (new Mario gamers and families) The Mario Kart games got way too unbalanced and the AI became a cheating beach. The Mario Party games are too luck based, rather poor minigames and a poor character roster (just let me play as :bowser: godarnit).

ParaSky said:

Sunshie was terrible. Super Mario Galaxy was poor. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was decent. New Super Mario Bros. was hard but easy (don't tell me how that works). New Super Mario Bros. Wii was too hard to be accessible to it's target audience. (new Mario gamers and families) The Mario Kart games got way too unbalanced and the AI became a cheating beach. The Mario Party games are too luck based, rather poor minigames and a poor character roster (just let me play as :bowser: godarnit).

Not sure if serious...

Leonyx said:
ParaSky said:

Not sure if serious...
I did go a little ott on that post, but I was being quite serious. Really, I only think that Sunshine, and the Galaxy games are overrated.

ParaSky said:
Leonyx said:
ParaSky said:

Not sure if serious...
I did go a little ott on that post, but I was being quite serious. Really, I only think that Sunshine, and the Galaxy games are overrated.

I actually think Sunshine was a little underrated. It was the worst-selling 3D platformer in the Mario series, but in my opinion, the best.

Toad85 said:
ParaSky said:
Leonyx said:
ParaSky said:

Not sure if serious...

I actually think Sunshine was a little underrated. It was the worst-selling 3D platformer in the Mario series, but in my opinion, the best.

I disagree. I though that Sunshine's gimmick wasn't implemented well and the entire game felt like it was missing something. It also kinda felt 'lame' in a way, with the laughable fight with Bowser at the end and the shocking voice acting.

I felt that Sunshine's FLUDD usage was perfectly executed, and did not feel "gimmicky" at all. The only flaw in this whole game, in my opinion, was FLUDD's voice acting. It was just annoying.

Eh, I think that Sunshine was a good game, but didn't feel enough like Mario. FLUDD could stay (massive potential, IMO), but I'd like to see more worlds (to keep with the tropical theme, why not a pirate ship or a jungle?), and frankly I don't think Bowser Jr. was a necessary addition to the series. I'd also like to see more regular Mario enemies, like Goombas, Koopas, and regular-looking Bob-ombs.

But yeah, the voice acting was terrible. Bowser was less scary than the Nokis, and Peach seemed braindead (unable to remember if she gave birth to a spiky turtle?).

Back