Characters who could be more

Leonyx

Glory to the Shroob Empire! Long live the Shroobs!
What characters from the Marioverse do you feel should have more spotlight? I'm not talking about characters you think would be nice to play in a game, or somebody you think is awesome. This is a discussion about characters who should have more impact because of logical and legit reasons. For example, I feel Daisy could be a more important character because she is the leader of a kingdom that is never heard from, and it could lead to different and interesting gameplay not seen from other Mario games.

So, who do you think should be more?

Edit: Please describe why you think this as well.

Waluigi. They need to make a Waluigi land or something. Better yet, Wario & Luigi series instead of Mario and Luigi. Probably won't happen though. :P Also, I wonder why Waluigi is not in Brawl yet... He might be in SSB4 though.

Ganondorf said:
Waluigi. They need to make a Waluigi land or something. Better yet, Wario & Luigi series instead of Mario and Luigi. Probably won't happen though. :P Also, I wonder why Waluigi is not in Brawl yet... He might be in SSB4 though.

Um...why?

I'd say:

1. Daisy (could reveal more info about the relationship between her and Luigi.)
2. Wario (seems like Wario's only in the spin-offs now, he needs to go back to his own series or come back in the mainstream games as a new villain to alternate with Bowser)
3. Yoshi (rather than having Mario ride him all the time, Yoshi should be a completly seperate character kind of like in Super Mario 64 DS)
4. Bowser (give him a reason as to why he wants to take over the Mushroom Kingdom).

Raphael said:
I'd say:

2. Wario (seems like Wario's only in the spin-offs now, he needs to go back to his own series or come back in the mainstream games as a new villain to alternate with Bowser)
3. Yoshi (rather than having Mario ride him all the time, Yoshi should be a completly seperate character kind of like in Super Mario 64 DS)
4. Bowser (give him a reason as to why he wants to take over the Mushroom Kingdom).
First of all, I agree with you on Yoshi. Second, I think Nintendo in they're games have stated many times why Bowser wants to take over the Kingdom. Thirdly, I also agree with you on Daisy, and Wario can have his own mainspace, but Bowser should and always be the main villain in the main series. The spin offs would be cool to have Wario as the final though.

Easily my answer is Toad. Yes, I know that this might sound biased or whatnot (looks at user name); however, I feel that Toad (the character) deserves better than what he has received in the recent years. He first appeared in SMB 2 as a main character and has faded ever since. He still appears in the Mario games; however, his roles (outside of the spin-offs) tend to be very small in comparison to his status at his debut to the Mario series (one of the original protagonists). We didn't even receive Toad himself as a playable character in NSMB Wii (even if the two Toads are recolored versions of him). To make matters worse, they are making him seem more and more generic these days as well. I would just like to see him return as a main or even a playable character in the mainstream Mario games. It has always been a pattern of six classic Mario characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad and Yoshi); however, it is only poor Toad who did not get to be a part of the spot light at all throughout the series.

Le Quack

Anybody remember Pirate Goomba?

Waluigi of course. He really needs his own game.

Ganondorf said:

Waluigi was in SSBB, as an asist trophy. But I assume you mean as a playable character... ???

Raphael said:
I'd say:

Here are my responses:

1:(Daisy) Agreed
2: (Wario) Somewhat agreed. Wario's place is in the spin-offs and WarioWare/Wario Land games. Giving him more of a role would diminish these series
3: (Yoshi) Completely disagreed. Yoshi has more of a role than I actually think he should have, no offense. He has been in several main-series games, has a popular spin-off series, and is one of the most popular characters in all of the mushroom kingdom.
4: (Bowser) Agreed, but it's already been done.(Paper Mario series).

Propeller Toad said:
Easily my answer is Toad. Yes, I know that this might sound biased or whatnot (looks at user name); however, I feel that Toad (the character) deserves better than what he has received in the recent years. He first appeared in SMB 2 as a main character and has faded ever since. He still appears in the Mario games; however, his roles (outside of the spin-offs) tend to be very small in comparison to his status at his debut to the Mario series (one of the original protagonists). We didn't even receive Toad himself as a playable character in NSMB Wii (even if the two Toads are recolored versions of him). To make matters worse, they are making him seem more and more generic these days as well. I would just like to see him return as a main or even a playable character in the mainstream Mario games. It has always been a pattern of six classic Mario characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Yoshi); however, it is only poor Toad who did not get to be a part of the spot light at all throughout the series.
Well, Toad has been in a lot of Nintendo games, but I agree with you. Toad should also be in a SSB instead of a taunt for Peach.

Well, Toad has been in a lot of Nintendo games, but I agree with you. Toad should also be in a SSB instead of a taunt for Peach.

Yes, I can't agree with you anymore. I'm really hoping that he makes it in the new Smash Bros. as a playable character.

I know. Same thing with Waluigi. However, Waluigi deserves it more since Toad has been in more games than him. But I'd like to see both in the new one.

Ganondorf said:
Partly because if he wasn't that main of a charatcer, he wouldn't be in MSM.

By that logic, the Final Fantasy characters should also be main characters...

I don't think Waluigi deserves to be more because he was created specifically for spin-off games. Whether he has potential or not, he hasn't been in any other games but them, and I think Nintendo intends to keep it that way. He seems to do just fine in the spin-off games anyways.

Leonyx said:
Ganondorf said:

I don't think Waluigi deserves to be more because he was created specifically for spin-off games. Whether he has potential or not, he hasn't been in any other games but them, and I think Nintendo intends to keep it that way. He seems to do just fine in the spin-off games anyways.
That's a good point, but anyway, I think Waluigi should get a little more attention.

Ganondorf said:
Leonyx said:
Ganondorf said:

That's a good point, but anyway, I think Waluigi should get a little more attention.

Please explain exactly why you think that way.

Ganondorf said:
Leonyx said:
Ganondorf said:

As I said, I think that Waluigi should become a second playable character and a major deuteragonist of the WarioWare series. He could also be a playable character in Brawl, but another character would have to take his place in the Assist Trophy category (probably Toad or Birdo). But by no means should he be in a regular-series Mario game.

Shroobs.

Seriously, they were one Mario antagonist that actually impressed me. They were much more successful than Bowser and really deserve more attention. Maybe in M&L RPG 4 they will return, just like Fawful in BiS.

Ganondorf said:
Mostly because he's barely in any games.

He's actually in plenty of games, I'd say. I don't think he's been left out of any spin-off games since his creation except for a few.

Dr. Javelin said:
Shroobs.

Seriously, they were one Mario antagonist that actually impressed me. They were much more successful than Bowser and really deserve more attention. Maybe in M&L RPG 4 they will return, just like Fawful in BiS.

I didn't want to talk about them (because I would sound biased and it would kinda ruin my idea of how the thread should go), but the Shroobs have the capabilities to make a fairly dark Mario game. I'm not sure if people want that, but I think it could be an interesting direction for one game in the series.

I vote for the Baby Mario Bros. Why? Well, they're not that helpless anymore. You've seen them helpless without Yoshi in Yoshi's Island, and now, they are Chain Chomp yielding murderers who can road rage if they liked to or boot someone's face with a baseball (preferably a Pianta) if they wanted to. They can even kill major bosses such as Princess Shroob without the aid of the Mario Bros., given that they are powerful enough to do so. I think that, due to their abilities, they should deserve a game of their own.

Yeah, but if Nintendo makes something with Baby Mario and Luigi as the protagonists, it will mean we'll see more of Baby Peach, Daisy, Wario, Waluigi...ugh.

Mario.

I am kidding, you know.

Dr. Javelin said:
Yeah, but if Nintendo makes something with Baby Mario and Luigi as the protagonists, it will mean we'll see more of Baby Peach, Daisy, Wario, Waluigi...ugh.

It doesn't have to be like that. It could be a game with an entirely new villain.

Back