Characters who could be more

Dr. Javelin said:
Yoshi has these abilities that no one else has, and he uses these abilities in a way that can't be replicated by any other character. Birdo does not use her special abilities in a way that is crucial to the story, so she is not needed.
That doesn't mean you couldn't just say hey this sub-species of Koopas is allied with Mario and has all the abilities of Yoshi and Birdo does serve a role unlike any of the characters from Super Mario Bros. 2 who were just one shoot bad guys with lame powers

Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Yoshi has these abilities that no one else has, and he uses these abilities in a way that can't be replicated by any other character. Birdo does not use her special abilities in a way that is crucial to the story, so she is not needed.
That doesn't mean you couldn't just say hey this sub-species of Koopas is allied with Mario and has all the abilities of Yoshi and Birdo does serve a role unlike any of the characters from Super Mario Bros. 2 who were just one shoot bad guys with lame powers
Sorry, I can't tell what you're trying to say here. Could you put it out with proper grammar and stuff?

Dr. Javelin said:
Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Sorry, I can't tell what you're trying to say here. Could you put it out with proper grammar and stuff?
The bosses from Super Mario Bros. 2 suck. They have lame powers, lame designs, and zero potential (the only exception to this of course is Tryclyde)

Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
The bosses from Super Mario Bros. 2 suck. They have lame powers, lame designs, and zero potential (the only exception to this of course is Tryclyde)
You do realize that you just said that Birdo has lame powers, a lame design, and zero potential?

Dr. Javelin said:
Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
You do realize that you just said that Birdo has lame powers, a lame design, and zero potential?
No Birdo has a cute design, a lot of potential as a character, and well yeah her power does suck but 2 out of 3 isn't bad

Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
No Birdo has a cute design, a lot of potential as a character, and well yeah her power does suck but 2 out of 3 isn't bad
How does she have potential? And I'm pretty sure that she doesn't have a "cute" design, or the majority opinion in the Fail Awards is wrong.

Throne keep.

Dr. Javelin said:
Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
How does she have potential? And I'm pretty sure that she doesn't have a "cute" design, or the majority opinion in the Fail Awards is wrong.

Throne keep.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder i think the design is cute and i like her personality and i do personally believe that the majority of the Fail Awards voters were wrong

Tatanga said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
I have to agree with you on this, but it's off topic.
Tatanga said:
i think the design is cute and i like her personality and i do personally believe that the majority of the Fail Awards voters were wrong
Majority opinion rules on whether or not a design is good.

I hate Birdo's design as well. Is she some sort of cannon dino thing or what?

nope.avi

There was actually thought behind his design, he is supposed to be like Luigi to the max (super tall and super thin) just like Wario is Mario to the max (super fat and super strong)

Dr. Javelin said:
nope.avi

There was actually thought behind his design, he is supposed to be like Luigi to the max (super tall and super thin) just like Wario is Mario to the max (super fat and super strong)

Same with Birdo. She originated before Yoshi :/

Dr. Javelin said:
nope.avi

And you ae saying there was no thought to Birdo's design? Just because a character is good in theory doesn't mean they are good in the real world. Just look at Shadow.

Toad85 said:
Dr. Javelin said:
nope.avi

And you ae saying there was no thought to Birdo's design? Just because a character is good in theory doesn't mean they are good in the real world. Just look at Shadow.
What are you tying to say here?

Dr. Javelin said:
Toad85 said:
Dr. Javelin said:
nope.avi

What are you tying to say here?

Did you read my comment or just skim it? Skimming doesn't work in the real world.

Dr. Javelin said:
I read it perfectly fine, thank you very much. How does looking at Starlow apply to what you said?

He said Shadow :-\

why does birdo even exist?

I think Waluigi and Daisy should be more. Waluigi could be a good villain, and Daisy could serve as something more than extra space.

Here's my top 10!

1. Waluigi (he really needs a role outside of sports and parties)

2. Daisy (same with Daisy)

3. Peach (she needs to stop getting kidnapped and get into more action)

4. Yoshi (I'd like to see a new Yoshi game that doesn't involve Mario at all!)

5. Tatanga (an old villain that deserves a comeback)

6. Any character from an RPG (I'd love to see them make appearances outside those respected series)

7. Wart (another old villain who would be neat to see return)

8. Donkey Kong in Mario games (I really want DK to be portrayed as a good guy in a Mario game)

9. Bowser (he has gotten a few cool roles of his own outside of villainy but I think he could use more)

10. Birdo (I'd like to see him/her return to the main series)

@Koopaul- Review of your choices

1- I agree about Waluigi's lack of role, but he shouldn't really be first on the list. There are better characters to put here.

2- Daisy is same with Daisy? What the heck does that mean? I'll assume you mean same with Waluigi, which I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH. Daisy, unlike Waluigi, has a set role in the Mario universe. In fact, I wouldn't mind if she made less appearances.

3- I agree that she should get into the action more, but I think it should be a PM-type deal - that she infiltrates Bowser's Castle from the inside. I just don't see her running and jumping alongside Mario in a main-series game, unless it's Subcon-related.

4- ABSOLUTELY NOT. Yoshi is already one of the biggest characters in the whole series. He does not need more screen time, especially if he already has a series of his own. With Peach, it's different, because she's almost never playable. But, come on, Yoshi? He would be 11th on my list, tops.

5- COMPLETELY AGREE. Tatanga was a great villain that could be better utilized than he is now.

6- I would love to see them outside their respective series, but I don't think it would really work if they left the RPGs altogether. I could see a PM character in a M&L game, or vice versa, but not in another type of genre. But I could be wrong on this one.

7- See #5, and replace "Tatanga" with "Wart".

8- See #4, and replace "Yoshi" with "DK". However, I'm a little more lenient on this one. He could use more screen time, just not in the Mario series.

9- Bowser has a set role in the Mario universe. That is being a villain. I could see a Despicable Me-like game, where you play as Bowser trying to kill Mario, but he should by no means turn into a major hero.

10- Agree somewhat. Birdo is underutilized, but I still wouldn't make him/her a major character.

I also noticed that you neglected to include Toad or Toadette on your list, two of the most underutilized characters ever devised. Toadette would even probably be first if I made a list like this.

Which I might.

Gengar said:
I think Waluigi and Daisy should be more. Waluigi could be a good villain, and Daisy could serve as something more than extra space.

Waluigi could also work as an anti-hero, since when it comes to Luigi, Waluigi wants to be the one to take him down.

The Koopalings. They could at least have roles in cutscenes or personalities.

YoshiMonsta said:
I think Diddy Kong. He is not personalized enough. He just appears to be a mindless banana loving goon for :dk:

Diddy Kong has two of his own games, though (Donkey Kong Country 2 and Diddy Kong Racing) :-\

Back