Characters who could be more

Ornithologist Mario said:
Mario.

I am kidding, you know.

Gawd, I know you're joking n' all, but are there other characters you care about besides Mario?

Waluigi obviously needs to have some fame and glory. He's not exactly getting very far as a spin-off exclusive character.

My characters, and what I think they should do:

1: Waluigi (Main character of the WarioWare series, and a second playable character in Wario Land.)
2: Toad (Sequel to Wario's Woods, but focused on platforming instead of puzzling. Also, a playable character in SSB3DS.)
3: Toadette (Trophy in SSB3DS, 2nd Playable character in Toad game mentioned above.)
4: Birdo (Either a protagonist or antagonist in Toad game mentioned above, possibly assist trophy in SSB3DS.)
5/6: Baby Mario/Luigi (Platformer or RPG featuring them as the primary characters with Baby Bowser as antagonist. Baby Peach, Kamek, Yoshi, and adult selves could possibly appear, but won't be playable.)
7: Daisy (Could be primary princess of New Super Mario Land, or a SMB2 remake.)
8: Lumas (Become playable [at last] in spin-off games like Mario Party and Mario Football)

SuperMario25 said:
lol anyway these are my opinons

Daisy
Toad
Baby mario and luigi
Birdo
Waluigi

Please elaborate...

Baby Luigi said:
I vote for the Baby Mario Bros. Why? Well, they're not that helpless anymore. You've seen them helpless without Yoshi in Yoshi's Island, and now, they are Chain Chomp yielding murderers who can road rage if they liked to or boot someone's face with a baseball (preferably a Pianta) if they wanted to. They can even kill major bosses such as Princess Shroob without the aid of the Mario Bros., given that they are powerful enough to do so. I think that, due to their abilities, they should deserve a game of their own.

It's not that I have a problem with a Super Baby Bros. game, but I don't think they could bring anything unique to the table on their own. They certainly can take care of themselves, but I can only imagine gameplay that would be similar to Super Mario Bros. or Mario and Luigi games with a Chain Chomp thrown in. I agree with your reasoning, however. Do you have some game in mind you'd like to see them in?

A Super Baby Mario Bros. could be like the Super Princess Peach of the series; it has the same platforming, but other stuff added in to make it unique to the series.

Hmm... but then it would turn out like Super Princess Peach. The game wasn't very fun really. It wasn't bad, but it was lacking.

I have one idea. It would be like the platforming elements from Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, but with the babies. It would be an interesting feature, I think.

No, I'm not saying it should be exactly like Super Princess Peach. All I'm saying is comparing Super Princess Peach to the main series and how different it was. I was thinking the same: make the same platforming, but have new elements in it that makes it differ from the Super Mario Bros. series.

But your idea is good.

Yeah, I was saying that I didn't want the platforming itself to be lacking like it was in Super Princess Peach since that's the main part of the game. The whole game was pretty slow, and I don't want another game featuring new characters to be like that. I'd like this game to be more fast paced.

Well, okey dokey, make the game faster paced. Simple solution.

I don't think I'm getting my point across correctly. What I'm trying to say is that if this is the game that allows the babies to branch out, it shouldn't be a slower, weaker, and more generic game like Super Princess Peach was. The Vibe thing wasn't enough to save it, and I'm thinking that any gimmick that the game might have won't be enough to make it stand out from the regular Mario games. I guess what I'm asking you is what do you think the babies could have in their game to make the game stand out? I don't even think my idea is good enough. It would have to be on the level of Luigi's Mansion.

Maybe a much greater emphasis on unique power ups. That's all I got right now. It sounds a little similar to Wario or Kirby, though.

2D Platformer. I also love sprites.

Waluigi should definitely be playable. Maybe in the next Mario & Luigi RPG you will get to play as Wario and Waluigi, but I wouldn't bet on it, seeing as they haven't appeared in any earlier games.

Dr. Javelin said:
Waluigi should definitely be playable. Maybe in the next Mario & Luigi RPG you will get to play as Wario and Waluigi, but I wouldn't bet on it, seeing as they haven't appeared in any earlier games.

Oh, like playing as Bowser in M&L3, but with a duo.

Dr. Javelin said:

You guys really need to EXPLAIN WHY WALUIGI DESERVES A GREATER ROLE. I get that you want it, but this isn't the thread for that. You need a reason.

Because Mario is playable (obviously), and Luigi and Wario have had their own games, but for some reason Waluigi is left out. He has my favorite color (another reason I like the Shroobs), he's incredibly tall, and his greedy, cheating personality is rather interesting actually.

Dr. Javelin said:
Because Mario is playable (obviously), and Luigi and Wario have had their own games, but for some reason Waluigi is left out. He has my favorite color (another reason I like the Shroobs), he's incredibly tall, and his greedy, cheating personality is rather interesting actually.

Thank you for giving a reason.

Mario, Luigi, and Wario each started in a platforming (mainstream) game and were not created for the purpose of a spin-off. Also, other than his coloring and height (neither of which are good reasons for him to be more) he has the same personality as Wario (at least the way you described him) and to me isn't as distinctive because of that.

Leonyx said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Thank you for giving a reason.

Mario, Luigi, and Wario each started in a platforming (mainstream) game and were not created for the purpose of a spin-off. Also, other than his coloring and height (neither of which are good reasons for him to be more) he has the same personality as Wario (at least the way you described him) and to me isn't as distinctive because of that.
True about the color and height, those are my personal preference. It would be nice to see another side of Waluigi's personality that they could introduce in an upcoming game, though, to differentiate him from Wario. If they give him a mainstream appearance, they must expand his personality as well to make it work.

Dr. Javelin said:
True about the color and height, those are my personal preference. It would be nice to see another side of Waluigi's personality that they could introduce in an upcoming game, though, to differentiate him from Wario. If they give him a mainstream appearance, they must expand his personality as well to make it work.

This is a good point. I guess if you put him in a more important part (I'd go with a WarioWare game, to start) he could develop a more interesting personality.

Though, the same could be said for any smaller character.

Toad85 said:
My characters, and what I think they should do:

1: Waluigi (Main character of the WarioWare series, and a second playable character in Wario Land.)
2: Toad (Sequel to Wario's Woods, but focused on platforming instead of puzzling. Also, a playable character in SSB3DS.)
3: Toadette (Trophy in SSB3DS, 2nd Playable character in Toad game mentioned above.)
4: Birdo (Either a protagonist or antagonist in Toad game mentioned above, possibly assist trophy in SSB3DS.)
5/6: Baby Mario/Luigi (Platformer or RPG featuring them as the primary characters with Baby Bowser as antagonist. Baby Peach, Kamek, Yoshi, and adult selves could possibly appear, but won't be playable.)
7: Daisy (Could be primary princess of New Super Mario Land, or a SMB2 remake.)
8: Lumas (Become playable [at last] in spin-off games like Mario Party and Mario Football)

Waluigi: He should take a break of spinoffs and be a wario land character.

Toadette: She needs a break of spinoffs too.

Toad: Toadsworth replaced him.

Baby Mario Bros.: The baby bros. need their own game.

Koopa Kid: He needs to be in Mario Party 9

Koopalings: These guys appeared in like 5 games.

Rosalina. She is only in the Galaxy gaes and MKWii. She is a really good character and she is in hardly any games. She could even be in a Smash bros game where she could summon up Lumas.

yoshidude99 said:
Rosalina. She is only in the Galaxy gaes and MKWii. She is a really good character and she is in hardly any games. She could even be in a Smash bros game where she could summon up Lumas.
Having Peach and Zelda in SSBB is bad enough; we don't need another princess. Samus was a good female character and it would be nice to see more characters like her, but having Rosalina in MKW was terrible already. Rosalina is best as a non-playable character.

It would be nice to see her make an appearance in another game, though.

Back