Characters who could be more

Oh yeah...an annoying personality. Another reason to hate Birdo. Even Popple was annoyed by it. This stupid pink...thing (that's really the best way to describe her(it?)) needs to get moved of the Mario series somehow.

Dr. Javelin said:
Oh yeah...an annoying personality. Another reason to hate Birdo. Even Popple was annoyed by it. This stupid pink...thing (that's really the best way to describe her(it?)) needs to get moved of the Mario series somehow.
Why do you hate her she does nothing but make games better hell at least she has a point unlike Baby Daisy and Waluigi who are both characters i like

And I also wonder why Birdo is paired with Yoshi. The only reason they should be paired is that they look somewhat alike and they utilize eggs, but even that is not a good reason.

Baby Luigi said:
And I also wonder why Birdo is paired with Yoshi. The only reason they should be paired is that they look somewhat alike and they utilize eggs, but even that is not a good reason.
Because there in love :D

Doesn't look like it to me.

And that's just plain sick.

I find Yoshi to be extremely annoying and stupid, and I want him out of the series, but that's unrealistic, no?

P.S. I don't like Birdo though.

Baby Luigi said:
This is very true. Birdo really has no partner, unlike most characters. And I think it would be disgusting if Yoshi was in love with Birdo. I don't even want to think about the ramifications of that...
Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Why do you hate her she does nothing but make games better hell at least she has a point unlike Baby Daisy and Waluigi who are both characters i like
How does she improve the games? Waluigi improves them by helping Wario in his pranks, which is funnier than if he did it solo. Baby Daisy can die though, she doesn't have a purpose.

Baby Luigi said:
Doesn't look like it to me.

And that's just plain sick.
Why you don't know how their bodies work and for all you know Birdo might be a great passionate lover

It's not like Waluigi is mandatory, but he eventually became a regular.

Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:
This is very true. Birdo really has no partner, unlike most characters. And I think it would be disgusting if Yoshi was in love with Birdo. I don't even want to think about the ramifications of that...
Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
How does she improve the games? Waluigi improves them by helping Wario in his pranks, which is funnier than if he did it solo. Baby Daisy can die though, she doesn't have a purpose.
Birdo helps the game by playing a role in the Plot of non spin offs she's a real character unlike Waluigi

Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:

That is so true. Also, Birdo and Yoshi are the same gender. So that wouldn't work.

Cutest_Couple__by_BrokenTeapot.jpg

Tatanga said:
Birdo helps the game by playing a role in the Plot of non spin offs she's a real character unlike Waluigi
So...Waluigi doesn't exist? What?

Also, name a game where she plays role in a non-spinoff besides Superstar Saga. I already know about that one.

I have to say that Wario and Mona actually look like the cutest couple.

Raphael said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:

That is so true. Also, Birdo and Yoshi are the same gender. So that wouldn't work.

Cutest_Couple__by_BrokenTeapot.jpg
Birdo is female

Birdo's gender is not difficult to figure out. I don't know what's a issue

A man with pink skin, a big red ribbon, wearing a ring and talking like a girl with <3 in the end? Seriously?

Dr. Javelin said:
Tatanga said:
So...Waluigi doesn't exist? What?

Also, name a game where she plays role in a non-spinoff besides Superstar Saga. I already know about that one.

I have to say that Wario and Mona actually look like the cutest couple.
Super Mario RPG Legend of the seven stars and Super Mario Bros. 2

I can't believe any of you guys would bother showing that abomination of a picture again.

Baby Luigi said:
Birdo's gender is not difficult to figure out. I don't know what's a issue

A man with pink skin, a big red ribbon, wearing a ring and talking like a girl with <3 in the end? Seriously?

Men can be cross dressers. That's what Nintendo wanted Birdo to be before the American version. It's not as big a deal in Japan as it is in the U.S.

Tatanga said:
Why you don't know how their bodies work and for all you know Birdo might be a great passionate lover

As funny as this quote was, no.

Also, STOP BEING OFF TOPIC. Birdo is one of the few characters from Super Mario Bros. 2 (not sure why), and he (or she here in the U.S.) adds a lot to spin-off games. However, she hasn't added much to mainstream games or the RPG's, and I don't think that she could other than the controversy she could bring.

Leonyx said:
Also, STOP BEING OFF TOPIC.
This is off topic in what way? We're discussing whether or not Birdo could be more.
Tatanga said:
She was only a boss in those games, she could have easily been replaced with someone else.

Dr. Javelin said:
Leonyx said:
This is off topic in what way? We're discussing whether or not Birdo could be more.
Tatanga said:
She was only a boss in those games, she could have easily been replaced with someone else.
But she wasn't and you could use that logic on any character Yoshi could have easily been replaced by a horse in super mario world

Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Leonyx said:
Tatanga said:
But she wasn't and you could use that logic on any character Yoshi could have easily been replaced by a horse in super mario world
Yoshi is the only character in the entire Marioverse can Flutter Kick, eat enemies and turn them into eggs, and stick out his toungue to extreme lengths. Those were all needed to go through the adventure.

Birdo just fights. Anyone can do that.

Dr. Javelin said:
Leonyx said:

Much of the discussion was based on why you should like Birdo, not what she could do for the series.

Dr. Javelin said:
Tatanga said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Leonyx said:
Tatanga said:
Yoshi is the only character in the entire Marioverse can Flutter Kick, eat enemies and turn them into eggs, and stick out his toungue to extreme lengths. Those were all needed to go through the adventure.

Birdo just fights. Anyone can do that.
So what if yoshi can do those things your going to tell me you couldnt just give those abilities to any other character or species

Yoshi has these abilities that no one else has, and he uses these abilities in a way that can't be replicated by any other character. Birdo does not use her special abilities in a way that is crucial to the story, so she is not needed.

Back