Mario Tennis Sequel Discussion Thread

Partners in Time came out after Mario Power Tennis, though

As long as there aren't any useless Power Shots (I'm looking at you, Daisy), it would be fine. Perhaps more effects if you hit an Attack Power Shot, and more differences in Defensive Power Shots, like some kind of effect to the ball after it hits.

Certain characters' Defensive Power Shots had a short range or couldn't get tennis balls in corners. Daisy's was particularly bad.

Yeah, those need fixing.

I think Defensive Power Shots in general need fixing. I ended up playing without them because games would boil down Power Shot after Power Shot.

I like it when I hit someone in the face with a power shot

That's hilariously anticlimatic.

It's still funny how CPUs attempt to make a power shot by glowing yellow, even though the ball is out.

And Defensive Power Shots were not that bad. I remember Daisy's rarely failed, Mario failed a lot. It's only 2 characters out of, what, 20? Besides, in my game, Mario doesn't get pushed back when he uses an Offensive shot against an incoming one.

I usually use the lag after someone used an offensive shot to my advantage. Like how Donkey Kong takes a while to react. I let the guys use the offensive shots first, then leave them open, and then take a shot into the exposed area.

I hope they fix game-exclusive glitches like these:

Messed_UpBooMarioPowerTennis.JPG

For my copy of the game, Boo's defensive shot looks like this. I don't know what happened. The CPU using it looks fine.

Immune_Diddy_PowerShot.JPG

And for some reason, Mario is not getting pushed back even though he is supposed to.

I took these pictures.

Baby Luigi said:
And Defensive Power Shots were not that bad. I remember Daisy's rarely failed, Mario failed a lot. It's only 2 characters out of, what, 20? Besides, in my game, Mario doesn't get pushed back when he uses an Offensive shot against an incoming one.

Daisy's failed a lot more often to me. And there were other Defensive Power Shots that failed. Basically, any of the shots that made the character move to the ball could fail. Trust me, it happens. I'm not saying they were terrible, but I'd like them to be reworked.

Leonyx said:
Baby Luigi said:

Daisy's failed a lot more often to me. And there were other Defensive Power Shots that failed. Basically, any of the shots that made the character move to the ball could fail. Trust me, it happens. I'm not saying they were terrible, but I'd like them to be reworked.

Out of all the times I played Mario Power Tennis, and an FAQ told me at GameFAQs, only two defensive shots fail and make that weird noise.

Baby Luigi said:
Leonyx said:
Baby Luigi said:

Out of all the times I played Mario Power Tennis, and an FAQ told me at GameFAQs, only two defensive shots fail and make that weird noise.

Hmm... pretty sure I've seen more do it. I don't remember which ones.

Either they failed, or you just can't use the defensive shot. Mario and Daisy's fail, but people like Bowser can't use their defensive shot if the ball is too high.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Either they failed, or you just can't use the defensive shot. Mario and Daisy's fail, but people like Bowser can't use their defensive shot if the ball is too high.

From what I recall, Mario's, Daisy's, and Petey's defensive power shots are the only ones that can fail. For Mario and Daisy, if the ball is way too far for them to hit it, the move will fail. For Petey, his defensive power shot can't hit lob shots.

While I've seem the CPU fail with them, I've only failed with Petey's defensive power shot, since I don't allow the ball to get too far away from Mario.

I think Petey's fail if the ball is too high in the air

Ornithologist Mario said:

Oh, that might have been it. I haven't played the game in a while, and it's been even longer since I played with Power Shots.

Metal Mario and Shadow Mario are pretty weird characters

It still saddens me they put those generic humans over Baby Luigi, but still have Baby Mario there.

Raphael said:
You know what's weird? Alex is the name of my rival in real life, and the two look very similar. O_O
Baby Luigi said:
I have a brother named Alex, but thank goodness he looks nothing like that

Alex is such a popular name. I have a friend named Alex. But he looks nothing like the characters.

I don't really care for the human characters, other than if I had the opportunity for me to play as Baby Luigi and make them pair up with Wario and smash them.

Back