Mario Tennis Sequel Discussion Thread

They should do a 5 minute long opening again with Waluigi and Wario as the main characters and everyone playable gets a role

Square Enix doesn't develop Mario Tennis either, so no chance for them Final Fantasies

However, there COULD be a chance of Golden Sun characters.....nah I'm just kidding

And one more thing: Camelot's worst mistake is including generic humans over Baby Luigi. That makes me so MAAAAAAAAAD

Baby Luigi said:
Camelot's worst mistake is including generic humans over Baby Luigi. That makes me so MAAAAAAAAAD

You mean people like these?

MTPTAlex.png
Harry_%28Mario_Tennis%29.jpg
Briansammi.jpg

You know what's weird? Alex is the name of my rival in real life, and the two look very similar. O_O

Yeah, people like these. They should add Mario characters before filling it in.

I have a brother named Alex, but thank goodness he looks nothing like that

I'm still upset they put in Baby Mario, but no Baby Luigi. I would really like to see Baby Luigi N64 graphics with pentagons for feet :3

Speaking of Baby Weegee, I came up with some power shots of my own for him.

Offensive: Baby Luigi takes out an ice flower, hits the tennis ball, and if the opponent hits the tennis ball back, they'll be frozen for a few seconds.

Defensive: Baby Luigi takes out a trampoline and bounce to the tennis ball's position and returns it.

Well, I like your idea (coincidentally, I associate Baby Luigi with ice), but he can also have an original idea as well. Maybe he can sweem through the air. Of course I'm joking that part, but you know what I mean

I already saw it a couple of times. Poor Baby Luigi. I love Nintendrawers drawings of Baby Luigi

I like how she's actually accurate when drawing the characters. Hey, you seen the "They Grow Up So Fast" pictures?

Back to the topic at hand, I wonder how the tennis courts could be improved.

I draw pretty accurate too. My Baby Luigi figure helps a lot.

Hmm, they could have the same default courts and new gimmick courts

I really don't know how they can add stages with original concepts without completely adding a new mode, like how Standard Courts can be chosen on courts that have a Gimmick Option

Baby Luigi said:
I really don't know how they can add stages with original concepts without completely adding a new mode, like how Standard Courts can be chosen on courts that have a Gimmick Option
Yeah. I want a Sequel but I don't want most of the tournaments to be on basic courts, this time I want one Basic court being the first round of the mushroom cup and that's it.

King Bill said:
Baby Luigi said:
Yeah. I want a Sequel but I don't want most of the tournaments to be on basic courts, this time I want one Basic court being the first round of the mushroom cup and that's it.

Ugh, some Gimmick Courts sucked. I don't want to imagine playing Planet Cup in the Ricco Harbor place.

I enjoyed Mario Tennis 64 as it was pretty fun. However, I gave up on the series when I found out that Toad was not playable in the sequel (including the fact that the roster was pretty big in Power Tennis as well). I wouldn't mind a sequel; however, I would just like to see Toad playable in it.

Figment said:
Toad needs to be playable in it, yes.
Same and Toadette, I bet they scraped them at the last minute thinking Toad's can't play Tennis. Although the actually can.

King Bill said:
Figment said:
Toad needs to be playable in it, yes.
Same and Toadette, I bet they scraped them at the last minute thinking Toad's can't play Tennis. Although the actually can.

Or they ran out of room. I don't think there is lots of room left after a really long opening and two bloopers.

I bet they scrapped Toad, Toadette, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi at the last minute, because the former of the pairs appeared in Mario Tennis 64

Maybe Nintendo and Camelot couldn't think of Power Shots for Toad and Toadette. That might be the reason why they weren't playable. Although there's no excuse for excluding the babies.

Back