Mario Tennis Sequel Discussion Thread

Why did Camelot make those human characters anyway?

Sounds like filler characters.

Still, how they put these human characters over Baby Luigi as a viable partner for Baby Mario makes me INSANE

I remember there was a game where Mario was unlockable, but the generic humans were default. >_<

Yoshi's Tongue could NOT be used as a tennis racket. Seriously. It's like Yoshi's tongue getting used as a bat.

Unless you're talking about a Defensive Power Shot, that's not really gonna work.

Like how Wario has the Super Hand like mechanism? Yeah, that could work. But then he can't change his colors. Oh well, too bad. Yoshi isn't anymore special than the other characters in the game. He doesn't deserve that.

What I meant is that other characters should get color swaps, not only Yoshi.

There really shouldn't be two different kinds of Shy Guys either, by that logic. Besides, Yoshi, Koopa Troopa, and Shy Guy (his flying counterpart included) are the only characters that have color swaps.

Leonyx said:
There really shouldn't be two different kinds of Shy Guys either, by that logic. Besides, Yoshi, Koopa Troopa, and Shy Guy (his flying counterpart included) are the only characters that have color swaps.

In Mario Tennis, they don't. Except for Yoshi

Baby Luigi said:
Leonyx said:

In Mario Tennis, they don't. Except for Yoshi

That's my point. They are the only characters that could have color swaps, so that's why they didn't put it in. Technically, Koopas and Shy Guys only have one or two different colors anyway. Yoshis have many different colors to choose from, and it makes (slightly) more sense to have them change colors. I think it was a nice little addition.

(I think that the colors have small changes to certain stats, but I can't prove it.)

Characters having no color swaps? That's where creativity comes in.

Mario, Wario, Peach, Bowser, and Luigi have multiple colour swaps in SSBB, and Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, Boo, and Toad (if he is added) also come in multiple variations. It won't be much of a stretch to do palette swaps of all the characters.

Exactly. Pink Waluigi is a sight for sore eyes over Blue Yoshi

They were pretty creative with the Defensive Power Shots already. Also, no other Mario game has color swaps for characters like Mario and Luigi (unless you count Super Smash Bros., and that's for a reason). It wouldn't look right.

I think it looks perfectly fine. Just look at that Blue Mario in Mario Tennis N64

I guess that is a matter of opinion.

(NO PINK WALUIGI)

Back