New Super Mario Sunshine?

Their worst Mario game? I can think of DOZENS of other Mario games that were worst than Super Mario Sunshine!

Me too.

Smashgoom202 said:
Their worst Mario game? I can think of DOZENS of other Mario games that were worst than Super Mario Sunshine!

Worst Mario platformer perhaps?

Nah, Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels is a potential candidate, but I 'm not sure.

Baby Luigi said:

Nah, Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels is a potential candidate, but I 'm not sure.

How is that worse that something like Hotel Mario?

^But Hotel Mario is not even mainstream, and to take into account that it was not even made by Nintendo.

Also I agree with the rest of you. Super Mario Sunshine is by no means a bad game. It was probably one of the best in my opinion. I guess it was the change with FLUDD that some did not like (little changes like this make games like SMB 2 and SMS so underrated for no other good reason).

I think sometimes they see as a Mario Game being only the main ones and SM's creations. In the history book in SMAS, they only had the main ones.

Leonyx said:
Baby Luigi said:

How is that worse that something like Hotel Mario?
That wasn't really much of a platformer... It was more of a... Well, I'm not sure how to describe it...

Exactly. I said Worst Mario Platformer.

Young Link said:
I think sometimes they see as a Mario Game being only the main ones and SM's creations. In the history book in SMAS, they only had the main ones.
That's why they are thinking that.

Baby Luigi said:
Exactly. I said Worst Mario Platformer.

I thought Hotel Mario was a platformer...I suppose I was wrong.

Anyways, my point was that there is no way that The Lost Levels is the worst platformer, when it was literally just a harder version of the first Super Mario Bros. I could see you saying Super Mario Bros. is the worst as it has less content and is the third oldest Mario platformer, so it's lost much of its luster.

I'm totally derailing the conversation though, so I'll just say that I'd like a portable version of Super Mario Sunshine, so that I could go exploring outside of the home.

Super Mario Sunshine wasn't bad. I had more fun with it than Super Mario Linear Galaxy.

I fully support this. Sunshine was an awesome, under appreciated game. It took a big risk, changing mechanics completely from what we were used to, and IMO it payed off. It was a different, enjoyable experience and I'd love to see the idea visited again, maybe even expanded into something better.

Yes! I really loved those vast worlds and the fact I can do many things. Super Mario Galaxy wasn't a bad game, per se, but I dislike it how the later Mario games takes 2 days to 100%.

Super Mario Sunshine isn't without its flaws, though. It has the horrid Blooper Surfing, and some level designs are just bad.

Don't forget the difficulty of finding every single blue coin in the game. That can be a major hassle.

That too. Some blue coins are found in spots you would never dream searching. One time, I found blue coins just by spraying things randomly, and a Shine Sprite picture thing appears.

And it's like you need a guide or you will never get them all.

Young Link said:

And some blue coins are episode specific; you have to play a certain episode in order to find them.

That stinks.

I wish they can give you how many blue coins can be found in a certain episode, but would that make the game too easy?

No it wouldn't. It prevents you from backtracking and remembering. I say go for it.

MnSG said:
Young Link said:

And some blue coins are episode specific; you have to play a certain episode in order to find them.
That's why I started looking for them near the end of the game

Hey, does anyone remember the blue coin ring (7 or 8 Blue Coins) that was inside the end of Corona Mountain while you were riding the boat through the lava? Have any of you got all of them? I tried to, but I always had trouble with colliding into the walls with the boat. These coins were easy to spot, but obtaining were another story (well at least to me).

Propeller Toad said:
Hey, does anyone remember the blue coin ring (7 or 8 Blue Coins) that was inside the end of Corona Mountain while you were riding the boat through the lava? Have any of you got all of them? I tried to, but I always had trouble with colliding into the walls with the boat. These coins were easy to spot, but obtaining were another story (well at least to me).
Yeah the boat kept hitting stuff

I was never really a fan...sentencing Mario to janitor duty was stupid, in my opinion, and I couldn't bring myself to enjoy the FLUDD mechanic. However, a 3DS remake/sequel might change my mind.

I've often found that if a console game irks me for some reason, I tend to enjoy it more when it's on a handheld. There are times when booting up a console is somewhat restrictive, and with handhelds, I just feel motivated to do more in the games than I would otherwise since I can start and stop playing much more easily. Besides, it's been a few years since I've even seen a copy of Sunshine, so who knows how I'd react to it now?

Back