New Super Mario Sunshine?

Super Mario Sunshine has it's haters. Me, I liked it alright. It had a different tone and style compared to other Mario games...

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing another Super Mario Sunshine. Just make sure to include the Koopalings and make sure Peach Bowser's voice DON'T sound stupid.

Smashgoom202 said:
Super Mario Sunshine has it's haters. Me, I liked it alright. It had a different tone and style compared to other Mario games...

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing another Super Mario Sunshine. Just make sure to include the Koopalings and make sure Peach Bowser's voice DON'T sound stupid.
Actually, it's funny they had voices in SMS. Also, it would be cool to include the Koopalings.

grimAuxiliatrix said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Actually, it's funny they had voices in SMS. Also, it would be cool to include the Koopalings.
Princess Peach just sounded like such a dumb blonde... And Bowser's big debut in the game "Mario, how dare you interrupt my family vacation!" sounded absolutely UN-intimidating.

Sunshine was not a normal Mario Game. Also why was Bowser really Big in the final boss.

MnSG said:
Super Mario Sunshine was good, but I'm not real crazy for a sequel.
I would live an actually world of delfino.

Dr. Eggman said:
I would live an actually world of delfino.

A world that's based on Isle Delfino would be neat. Of course, the Yoshis would have to be given the ability to swim.

Dr. Eggman said:
Cool, like Zora Link.

Sort of, depending on the Yoshi colors. Let's say that the Light Blue Yoshi is given the ability to dive underwater. That would be an interesting twist.

Meh. I don't care a single bit for Yoshi.

I'm still waiting for another Mario game with big levels.

I didn't care that Bowser and Peach sounded stupid. I appreciated the voice acting the game had in general

I'm not saying there SHOULDN'T be voice acting in Mario games. In fact, now that Bowser actually HAS an intimidating voice, I wouldn't mind hearing him talk (those short phrases in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story were brilliant!).

Peach still sounds like a ditz, though. Which sucks when you consider that she originally wasn't supposed to be that way. She was the only person who could counter-act Bowser's black Koopa magic in the original Super Mario Bros., and in Super Mario 64, she had a bit of sophistication to her. Why couldn't she still be voiced like that? Instead of being voiced in a way which we can't take her seriously.

Smashgoom202 said:
I'm not saying there SHOULDN'T be voice acting in Mario games. In fact, now that Bowser actually HAS an intimidating voice, I wouldn't mind hearing him talk (those short phrases in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story were brilliant!).

Peach still sounds like a ditz, though. Which sucks when you consider that she originally wasn't supposed to be that way. She was the only person who could counter-act Bowser's black Koopa magic in the original Super Mario Bros., and in Super Mario 64, she had a bit of sophistication to her. Why couldn't she still be voiced like that? Instead of being voiced in a way which we can't take her seriously.
I agree with all of that.

Like with the The Legend of Zelda series, the Mario series doesn't exactly excel too well with voice actors either.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Meh. I don't care a single bit for Yoshi.

I'm still waiting for another Mario game with big levels.
Why not, why would you not want Yoshi, LGM.

I didn't care that Bowser and Peach sounded stupid. I appreciated the voice acting the game had in general

I strongly agree with this. The voice acting in the cutscenes actually made this Mario game feel like an actual story. We learned so much more about the characters and situation this way. Super Mario Galaxy 1 seems to have tried to be like Sunshine; however, it seemed to have dropped the voice acting in favour for the gameplay. Galaxy 2 totally dropped everything about a story. I personally hope voice acting returns in a sequel or remake of Sunshine.

Back