New Super Mario Sunshine?

I hate post conflicts :P

I had this dream a few nights ago...

Super Mario Sunshine 2. Mario boards the largest cruise ship in the world. While Mario explores the depths of this mysterious ship, he will travel to different islands (and maybe take a visit to Delfino Isle too). I even had this one idea where the ship is sinking, and as Mario progresses through the scrolling level, it gradually tilts until he's climbing upwards.

What do you think?

Yes with modern graphics and I hope mouser would be a boss.

Super Mario Sunshine was a great game because of its innovation. I don't want to see another 3DS remake. I want a sequel, and I want to see some concept that really makes for a good game.

Super Mario Sunshine for the 3DS? Awesome.

Nabber said:
Meh, it won't happen soon on the 3DS. It's loaded with games as it is.

Not really. Nintendo could do it if they felt like it

As much as I liked the original, I don't think a sequel would work. However, a remake would be fine.

I guess it strayed too far from the Mario canon. It took place on some Italian tropical island (don't even know how that works) and FLUDD was completely unconventional for the series.

I still thought it was amazing. And I think I already stated my point on the matter, but yes, I would love a 3DS remake.

cuttlefishCuller said:
I guess it strayed too far from the Mario canon. It took place on some Italian tropical island (don't even know how that works) and FLUDD was completely unconventional for the series.

I still thought it was amazing. And I think I already stated my point on the matter, but yes, I would love a 3DS remake.
Per, Gamecube will be retro when the Wii U comes out so I would want that to happen.

The reason that it strayed too far from the Mario canon for disliking the game is one of the dumbest reasons yet, next to graphics. Does it really matter? Especially if the gameplay and level design are great?

I think the problem was really that the game was hard and/or annoying for most people.

Yeah. Those Blue Coins....and Blooper Surfing. Searching for blue coins sounds like a futile attempt if a guide isn't used.

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah. Those Blue Coins....and Blooper Surfing. Searching for blue coins sounds like a futile attempt if a guide isn't used.
I know, the most boring thing you can do in a Mario is look for Blue coins.

The reason that it strayed too far from the Mario canon for disliking the game is one of the dumbest reasons yet, next to graphics. Does it really matter? Especially if the gameplay and level design are great?

I definitely agree. Isn't this also the reason why Super Mario Bros. 2 gets so much hate in comparison to the other games (the differences)? And it happens that Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Sunshine are amongst my favourite Super Mario Bros. games. They were unique, and fun to play. I mean it is refreshing to see more than the typical Mario game styles. Both of these games should definitely get remakes, or better yet sequels on either the 3DS or Wii U.

Dr. Eggman said:
Baby Luigi said:
I know, the most boring thing you can do in a Mario is look for Blue coins.
No collecting 100 coins in 64 is the most boring.

Back