Improvements needed for the Mario series.

Leonyx said:
Gillbergfan said:
Yeah but luigi was an arrogant prick in that adventure and everything he said was a lie so it wouldnt make a very good game

I wouldn't call him a liar, but maybe he was oblivious to what he did to his partners. And he might have embellished the truth a bit.
I could of but not Princess Eclair, Luigi loves Daisy not her.

King Bill said:
Leonyx said:
Gillbergfan said:
Yeah but luigi was an arrogant prick in that adventure and everything he said was a lie so it wouldnt make a very good game

I wouldn't call him a liar, but maybe he was oblivious to what he did to his partners. And he might have embellished the truth a bit.

That's a rumor. I don't think there is any evidence to support that Luigi loves Daisy.

Leonyx said:
King Bill said:
Leonyx said:
Gillbergfan said:

That's a rumor. I don't think there is any evidence to support that Luigi loves Daisy.

There's that statue in Daisy Circuit from Mario Kart Wii, and Daisy said, "Hi Sweetie" to Luigi in Mario Power Tennis

I did have one issue with the Mario Series that began to annoy me during the beginning of the Wii life sycle, the best way I could describe it was that the Mario games seemed to have drifted away from the Mario settings, (I'm not talking about gameplay).
Basicaly what I'm saying is that games like Mario party 8 and super Paper Mario, while fun to play, didn't feel like mario and co. were in the 'Mario world' but instead it felt like dev teams made obscure styled games with Mario and co. being thrown in them. Mario party 8 for example had playing worlds that kinda looked liked they could have been made for any cartoony styled game but had a few mario characters and enimies sprinkled through out the field to compencate for it. I didn't mind that there were banks and trains in the game but they could have at least gave them the 'Mushroom Kingdom' look instead of making a board and naming it after a koopa. Super Paper Mario on the other hand while it litteraly did take place in another universe, I still felt like they could have made given the envronments the 'Mario charm'. Most of the worlds and characters looked very rushed and almost too simple not unlike the first and second Paper Mario games, (I love this game and Inteligent Systems to death but that is how I felt). Although I'm just naming these two, I can think of a lot more Mario games that I felt suffered from these issues.
Lately however it seems that Nintendo has caught onto these issues and, from what I can tell, the next crop of mario spinoffs seem like they take place in a much richer mario setting. Paper Mario seems to be taking aspects of Galexy and NSMB for it's next outing and Mario Party 9 has a world based off of NSMB aswell as mini games for relative to mario culture, (stomping on wigglers, avoiding thwoomps ect). Now while I'm glad that Nintendo is taking this direction with their mario games I can't help but be conserned with the possible issue that the mario series will become too constricted with the main series bounds. Games like Paper Mario TYD I felt were the best because it had the perfect mix of the dev teams own style meshed with the mario style. While I do believe that things were going too far in the beginning of the Wii's life cyle and that Nintendo had to step in, I'm a little worried that future Mario spin-off titles won't be able to add there own themes and characters to make thing a tad bit more special. I'd hate to think what would happen if the next mario strikers lost it's intence look and wen't for the more mainstream look that the others are doing.
I know I'm probably just thinking too much about this however I can't help but rant about it so forgive me if you think I'm paranoid, I just think that the best way to improve the Mario series is to put the mario culture into the various mario spin-offs and let the devs add there own ideas so the perfect blend of creativity and 'Marioness' can be seen in every Mario game.

But sometimes, innovation is a great thing too

Are you saying it's like how the Subspace Emissary in Super Smash Brawl doesn't feel like a Nintendo crossover?

Well, I'll say what I think is an improvement: Tie-ins to the spin-offs in main games. Like, in a mainstream game, you have to drive karts around, or play golf, or tennis, or baseball.....or soccer. It's a TERRIBLE idea, but just an idea. Another one: DAISY. MAIN. CHARACTER.

WALUIGI BEING THE MAIN VILLAIN TOO!!

Aqua Soul said:
GutsehMan said:
DAISY. MAIN. CHARACTER.

I support this 100%.

YES! Nintendo needs to stop neglecting! They know she exists and appears overall kind of regularly, so just let her shine more! Please let her be in LM2!

Baby Luigi said:
But sometimes, innovation is a great thing too

Are you saying it's like how the Subspace Emissary in Super Smash Brawl doesn't feel like a Nintendo crossover?

Something like that, like brawl I felt that things like the stadium at the beginning of Subspace should have been given the theme of one of the nintendo franchizes or how there could have been more various enemies of different series instead of just Mario. I did like the origonal enimies in Subspace however I didn't want it to block out the inclusion of other eniemies from various video games. Does that make more sence?

I think they should make the series make sense im sick of the plot holes :mad:
:posh:

Ser Espiel said:
DaisyCrazy14 said:
Aqua Soul said:
GutsehMan said:
DAISY. MAIN. CHARACTER.

I support this 100%.

YES! Nintendo needs to stop neglecting! They know she exists and appears overall kind of regularly, so just let her shine more! Please let her be in LM2!

Well, I saw that coming from a mile away.
No way how could she do that.She would just be unfiting. Mario will be the main character forever.

I'd like to see Nintendo add more recognizable characters as playable characters in the mainstream games. Yes, I understand that the whole purpose of the spin-off games is to have more playable characters; however, I would like to see some of them become playable with their own characteristic traits and abilities.

What I also want is to see Nintendo make more games for the other characters in the Mario series besides Mario. I like Mario; however, I just want to see others such as Toad to have more starring roles (has not had one since 1994) in their own games so that they could develop more personality traits and heroism.

I think Nintendo should bring back some old characters like Prince Pine. Tatanga, and King Toadstool and try to establish them as spin off characters instead of making new ones like they did in the Mario Golf series or just making different colors of species playable like they did in the Mario Baseball series :posh:

NintendoQueen814 said:
I don't know if this was already said, but I would love to see more of my beloved Koopalings! ♥♥

Yeah, they should be given a real role in an RPG, that way, their dialogue should give more insight into their personailties. Also, some different fighting methods would be nice.

I think the Koopalings should become more involved with spin-offs, such as the Mario Baseball series.

MnSG said:
I think the Koopalings should become more involved with spin-offs, such as the Mario Baseball series.

For some reason, I can see Larry becoming playable in a Mario Tennis game with the tennis racket he used in Superstar Saga, I don't really see how the others could appear in the sports besides a cameo. I could see them causing trouble in Mario Party though.

Depends on the game, but I'm going to refer to 3d here.

More open and exploring and relative to the mushroom kingdom:

SMG felt very small and linear, especially with comparison to the sm64 and sms.

On top of that, there really hasn't been much adventuring in the mushroom kingdom itself in said 3d platforming games, I think this could be taken to a great level. Considering that even metroid prime had beautiful environments to this day. I think a more open mario game could take advance of such a thing.

Drifting from SMG's very linear and rather boring to look at worlds and areas.

Difficulty:

Mario games have never been really that difficult, and it's starting to become rather boring plowing through mario games without much effort at all. There a variety of ways to setup challenge in a 3d open world, so that should be limitless. Plus its really nice to overcome something that gave you a hard time imo.

Thats all I got for now, probably think of something later.

Yes! Even if they are in the spin-off games, I would definitely play as them! I just wish they were in the games more, especially more than Bowser Jr...since when did HE become the main kid of Bowser's?? :(

Back