Improvements needed for the Mario series.

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Mario, Luigi, their friends and enemies have been around for 25 years, making the Mario series one of the best video game franchises ever. However, as awesome as the Mario series is, it's not perfect. This is where we discuss things that could potentially make the Mario series even better or things you want the Mario series to have (within reason of course).

Anyway, here's what I'd like to see for the Mario series.

1. First off, I'd like to see more good generic enemies (like Goombas, Koopas, Boos, etc.) outside of the RPGs and spin-offs.
2. More evil humans, and no, Wario and Waluigi don't count. They may be greedy, but they're not looking to counquer/enslave/destroy the world.
3. I'd like a Mario game that's entirely Christmas themed.

So what do you guys think is needed to make the Mario series better, and what would you like to see?

1. They should make a game where Daisy is captured instead of Peach. That hasn't happened since Super Mario Land, Daisy's first appearence. New Super Mario Land, anyone?
2. Luigi should get the starring role in at least one more game.

Hmm... very good question. I'll try to describe thing that would make the series better, and not just for me (because all I really want is more Shroobs).

1. Harder games: One of the nice things about Mario games is that they are really easy to get into. But as of late, they haven't really been challenging, and I think that's a problem. They've been working on that system that allows the computer to take over if you can't beat a level, so why not make levels harder as a result? They don't have to be crazy hard, but don't make it hand-hold easy either.

2. More multiplayer aspects: They've been putting more of them in mainstream Mario games, with New Super Mario Bros. Wii's coop mode, and the Galaxy series's helpers. I think the series would benefit with more battle modes though, so that more of the family can play. Miyamoto said that it's been really difficult to put multiplayer in mainstream Mario games, so I figure competitive modes would be easier to implement.

3. Nostalgia: Nintendo rides on this factor, and it's one of the main reasons why people keep coming back. All they need to do is throw in a Wart here or there, and maybe a few Fuzzies and people will flock to it. I know if they made another game with Shroobs in it I would preorder that game as fast as possible, and from what I can tell from these boards a lot of you would buy a game if your favorite character was featured.

I'm not Miyamoto, but I think these would help the games out a bit.

A dramatic change in the story can help... and more characters should appear, like Daisy, Donkey Kong, and Wario.

Ornithologist Mario said:
A dramatic change in the story can help... and more characters should appear, like Daisy, Donkey Kong, and Wario.

What a coincidence. That's kind of what my Christmas idea is like. Wario holds Santa and his elves hostage to hog all the presents for himself and leaves everyone else with nothing (not even coal). Now the other 7 main characters (and maybe with Daisy tagging along) have to foil Wario to save Christmas.

Full-voice acting would be nice.

I'm neutral to full-voice acting, but I don't think other people would like that. That's one of the reasons why Sunshine is considered the black sheep of the Mario series.

I've heard Mario talk before and he doesn't sound very bad. :/

Sunshine's voices are strange, but I can live with that.

More characters getting starring roles BESIDES Mario. Maybe Baby Mario and Baby Luigi could get a starring role, maybe even Waluigi or Toadette

I agree. He sounds all right. I was just saying that other people aren't quite as open-minded like us.

If voice-acting becomes more common in Mario games, I won't complain.

I would absolutely love full voice acting

Voice-acting gives personality to the characters, in my opinion.

Baby Luigi said:

Now that I'm thinking about it, it would be kinda nice. I'm just wondering if Charles Marinet could handle it. He voices a lot of characters in Mario games.

Leonyx said:
Baby Luigi said:

Now that I'm thinking about it, it would be kinda nice. I'm just wondering if Charles Marinet could handle it. He voices a lot of characters in Mario games.

He voiced Mario in the press conference for Mario Sports Mix. I'm sure he can handle it.

Baby Luigi said:
Leonyx said:
Baby Luigi said:

He voiced Mario in the press conference for Mario Sports Mix. I'm sure he can handle it.

Yeah, but that's just one character. If we're talking about a full blown mainstream Mario game, he'll be voicing half of the main cast. I'm exaggerating, but you understand what I mean.

Leonyx said:
Baby Luigi said:
Leonyx said:
Baby Luigi said:

Yeah, but that's just one character. If we're talking about a full blown mainstream Mario game, he'll be voicing half of the main cast. I'm exaggerating, but you understand what I mean.

Charles Martinet voices Mario, Luigi, Waluigi, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Toadsworth, and Wario. I would like all of them to appear too. In Mario Kart Wii, characters have tons of voice clips. maybe like, 40 per character. Since Mario, Luigi, Waluigi, Wario, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi all appeared in Mario Kart Wii, Charles Martinet did a lot of voice acting. I'm sure he can handle it.

Mariomario64 said:
1. They should make a game where Daisy is captured instead of Peach. That hasn't happened since Super Mario Land, Daisy's first appearence. New Super Mario Land, anyone?
2. Luigi should get the starring role in at least one more game.

Luigi Mansion 2 exist

Other than Luigi's Mansion, I think.

Baby Luigi said:
Leonyx said:
Baby Luigi said:
Leonyx said:
Baby Luigi said:

Charles Martinet voices Mario, Luigi, Waluigi, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Toadsworth, and Wario. I would like all of them to appear too. In Mario Kart Wii, characters have tons of voice clips. maybe like, 40 per character. Since Mario, Luigi, Waluigi, Wario, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi all appeared in Mario Kart Wii, Charles Martinet did a lot of voice acting. I'm sure he can handle it.

Okay, but we're talking about full sentences. Mario Kart Wii's voices are mainly "Yahoo" and "Let'sa go!" He could probably do it, but that would be a lot of effort.

Well I think the series is fine to me. Some games did have weaknesses like Sunshine.

King Bill said:
Well I think the series is fine to me. Some games did have weaknesses like Sunshine.

Sunshine was a great game. I don't understand why it's so bad

Voice acting and it's not about jumping around. It's about cleaning stuff.

You played Super Mario Sunshine. I want to hear your opinion, not others. Their opinion is not anymore valuable than yours

Back