Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
FE, look on any PM you have in your inbox, then look where Report to moderator button usually is located at on a normal post on that PM. Then you should be able to see something saying Report to Admin, and if you click that, you'll be taken to the normal 'reporting something' screen and such.

Code:
.bbc_standard_quote .bbc_alternate_quote .bbc_standard_quote, .bbc_standard_quote .bbc_alternate_quote .quoteheader, .bbc_standard_quote .quotefooter {
    display: none;
}

add this to the forum's css to prevent quote mountains

Code:
.signature {
    max-height: 200px;
}

add this to prevent excessively tall signatures

i wholeheartedly support the above post

Seeing the post directly above yours, 22, I think this would be a great idea.

i also agree completely and entirely

Bulbasaur said:
Code:
.bbc_standard_quote .bbc_alternate_quote .bbc_standard_quote, .bbc_standard_quote .bbc_alternate_quote .quoteheader, .bbc_standard_quote .quotefooter {
}

There is an option where you can tick a box to disable nested quotes

Squirtle said:
Bulbasaur said:
Code:
}

There is an option where you can tick a box to disable nested quotes
I tried ticking that once but people complained, so I changed it back. So these people probably wouldn't like the first CSS change...

i'd support that being added.

porplemontage said:
I tried ticking that once but people complained, so I changed it back. So these people probably wouldn't like the first CSS change...

well, if a majority support this, shouldn't that outweigh the people who complain?

The people who complain don't want to abide by the rules

Quote mountains and large signatures are both against the rules, so I say add it, and if people complain, that's just their tough titties.

Well it really depends on how much text is in each quote, really. I mean, this could be an awful rule for small amounts of text, but a good one for big paragraphs.

Santagast the Merry said:

Quote mountains and large signatures are both against the rules, so I say add it, and if people complain, that's just their tough titties.
FYI your signature is against the rules...

porplemontage said:

FYI your signature is against the rules...

Better?

I hope.

My sig never let me change my sig image resolution under a height of 250 for some reason

I would have made them half as large

I wonder why

Perhaps we could do the same thing we do with smilies - reduce the [quote] thing to five a post.

But what about those "Ask ___" threads, where the person getting asked questions has to quote multiple times to answer the questions? What if they have to answer more than 5 questions?

MCS said:
Perhaps we could do the same thing we do with smilies - reduce the [quote] thing to five a post.

But what about those "Ask ___" threads, where the person getting asked questions has to quote multiple times to answer the questions? What if they have to answer more than 5 questions?
The quotes are still in the text-fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back