Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't there be a width limit too? Some parts of my signature are visible only in longer resolutions.

I always wondered why "bitch" isn't censored,I guess there is a good reason.

Brony the 45th Nazgul of the great Sith Lords said:
I always wondered why "*bleep*" isn't censored,I guess there is a good reason.

It is censored

That's a ridiculous suggestion you've got there. While "penis" is not an offensive word in any way, "cock" (bypassing the censor for obvious reasons) is. Censoring inoffensive words is detrimental to everyone. There just is no reason to censor that word at all. We don't need every word ever censored. Besides, you're going to face similar words later in your life, so just deal with it.

Chiaki Nanami said:
That's a ridiculous suggestion you've got there. While "penis" is not an offensive word in any way, "cock" (bypassing the censor for obvious reasons) is. Censoring inoffensive words is detrimental to everyone. There just is no reason to censor that word at all. We don't need every word ever censored. Besides, you're going to face similar words later in your life, so just deal with it.

Yet "cock" is part of many inoffensive words such as "cockroaches", "cockatiels", "cocker-spaniels", etc.

And if anyone does use it in an inappropriate way, they should get moderated.

And that is exactly why I think the following question needs to be addressed: can the word-filter handle exceptions in the form of, say, a couple of characters, the censored word, and then more characters after that? If it can, then that would be a much-sought-out improvement to the forum in general.

I agree. I hate typing "cockroach" on the keyboard and it turns out as *bleep*roach when I read it

And I prefer having the censor on. I would like to limit the number of swear words I read/hear in my life.

Baby Luigi said:
Yet "cock" is part of many inoffensive words such as "cockroaches", "cockatiels", "cocker-spaniels", etc.
Cock itself is also the male chicken.

And don't forget cocktails.

So ATM the best way to not have it censored now is adding these random tags in it like [nobbc]this[/nobbc]. Just don't abuse it.

Censoring cock and dick is complicated since they both have multiple meanings. If penis gets censored I'll just start saying peepee.

Also Dick is a name as when Quizmo had the name 'Detective Dick Gumshoe', it was censored for a lot of people.

Yeah, and there are rules to not use the words in a name offensively, so why censor them if the mods just ignore the offensive ones like usual?

Well it wasn't even offensive as Dick is shorthand for the name Richard and Dick Gumshoe is a character in Ace Attorney.

That's what I mean.

Same goes for Magikrazy's previous name 'Dick Clark' which wasn't even offensive and those with the censor on would see it as '*bleep* Clark'.

Which is a bit pointless IMO.

The censor can also fuck up perfectly innocent links just because they have "cock", or some other word. Just turn it off, people.

I don't think the mods are going to just turn it off, as the word is still offensive in itself, but if there was a way to turn off the censor for "cock" while it was part of a word (e.g. cockatiel) then they could do that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back