Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if I want to search for something and something to distinguish it from others with similar titles is a one-character word. No, we generally don't look for single characters, but rather a set of words with one of them being single charactered.

If you think we think this limitation is dumb because we search for single characters, then know that isn't the reason. A single character word to distinguish from similarly titled threads can help reduce our search if we're looking for something specific. Though I wonder why it can accept words with less than 1 character but not search for them. I can live with this, but it'd reduce my search when looking for specific stuff due to the surprising usage of single character words.

"Each word must be at least two characters long."
Here's the specific message, quoted by the way. Not that you must search at least 2 characters, but that EACH searched word must be 2+ characters long.

Thanks!

i think that you must allow the users to make comments upon the rules and say that if corrections are necessary and they can be made within the forum topic

bootystonk said:
i think that you must allow the users to make comments upon the rules and say that if corrections are necessary and they can be made within the forum topic

They are allowed. It's just that they should be done via PM instead of public

certain membergroups, such as the awards committee and mafia hosts guild (et al?), had the ability to lock their own topics before, but i that's been removed for whatever reason steve had.

but anyway i seem to remember it being more of a convenience that didn't really have any relevance anyway, and the example given in this case wasn't really relevant since i don't really see why it had to be locked in the first place. basically, i don't see why we need the ability if the mods can lock any topics that strictly need to be locked.

I have a question about the block log: why are the permanent bans removed from the list after thirty days? If it's a way of saving space, I don't really understand why we need to save space. I mean, it's not like users are constantly getting permanently banned. Besides, couldn't they just be placed under a spoiler tag or something?

On the Wiki, would it be possible to put some kind of banner telling people to go on chat to ask questions instead of going to the forum?

You mean on {{notforumtalk}}, or someplace else? I don't even really know what exactly you're suggesting, so it's hard for me to tell whether it's a good idea or not.

That wouldn't really be a good idea because some people who can't go on chat would be screwed for asking questions then.

Besides, that's what people usually do: they go to chat, ask a quick question, get their questions answered and then they're out of there as quick as they came. Additionally, what's so dangerous about people asking things on the forum, anyway? It's just a simple question that could be answered. There's nothing more to it than that, is there?

14:38 Anton{Worktoed} have people come to chat to ask questions?
14:38 Anton{Worktoed} that's not a great idea
14:38 Anton{Worktoed} for one
14:38 Anton{Worktoed} the question is asked and answered, then forgotten
14:38 Anton{Worktoed} no one else would be able to look it up if they have the same question in the future
14:38 Anton{Worktoed} also
14:38 Anton{Worktoed} the people in chat are random at any given time and may not be able to answer it
14:39 Anton{Worktoed} if the question is asked once and not answered
14:39 Anton{Worktoed} it will remain unanswered

Can we have a rule against pointless mass PM's

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Can we have a rule against pointless mass PM's

Yeah, because it's happened 3 times recently and I had to add Shoey to my ignore list because of his mass PMs. I think that should definitely be added to the rules.

Phantom L said:
Or a way to report pm's.
On the admin tab on a forum, on Moderation and Security, there is an option to report PMs. I don't see why it's needed as you can just quote it and change the receiver to a moderator.

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
Phantom L said:
Or a way to report pm's.
On the admin tab on a forum, on Moderation and Security, there is an option to report PMs. I don't see why it's needed as you can just quote it and change the receiver to a moderator.
Because PMs can be altered as they are quoted.

It looks like it's been added?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back