New Super Mario World

I would have prefered a new super mario world, but when yoshi was added to the new super mario bros. series in new super mario bros. wii, the chances don't look too great. In fact, the chances were always pretty grim

This would be cool. Maybe they could do something like this for a third New Super Mario Bros. game.

I would like to have Yoshi playable in all levels again, I was quite disappointed in NSMBW that Yoshi waved goodbye at the end of each level he was in and had to leave him.

Yeah, plus Super Mario World has deifferent features, like enemies, so it would be pretty cool if they made a new version

The best thing about SMW was its huge levels and many many exits.

Maybe that requires too much effort...........

Zae said:

Not at all; Nintendo is perfectly capable of a massive, high-quality 2D platformer. But that would cost slightly more.

I would rather have a New Super Mario Bros. 2 :/ Although I wouldn't mind a New Super Mario World as long as it had 4 players participating at once.

Baby Luigi said:
I would rather have a New Super Mario Bros. 2 :/ Although I wouldn't mind a New Super Mario World as long as it had 4 players participating at once.
I want a the blue yoshi in it. NSMBW mutiplayer was great fun with 4 at once. I have seen games doing it with two but I want 4 players back in another game.

I think it will be a new game, not a remake. Blue Yoshis are cool, but I admit, are broken too.

Baby Luigi said:

If they made another one of those, Toad and Peach probably wouldn't be playable (knowing how Nintendo is).

I was thinking Super Mario Bros. 2 New Super Mario Bros.-styled

Snowstalker said:
Zae said:

Not at all; Nintendo is perfectly capable of a massive, high-quality 2D platformer. But that would cost slightly more.

Yeah that seems to be the case. Although I'd like to see another platformer with huge levels and many exits.

Guess thats why smw hacks exist.

Baby Luigi said:
I was thinking Super Mario Bros. 2 New Super Mario Bros.-styled

You mean New "Super Mario Bros. 2" right? An update to the Doki Doki Panic clone? That's what I was talking about. I'm saying half of the characters from the original wouldn't be included as playable, probably.

A good number of the castle levels are merely just one area levels, instead of having at least two main areas. Some of them were also quite short, such as World 7-Castle.

World 8-Castle is obviously one level that was way too short. I mean, it's Bowser's castle, so you'd expect it to be long. At least level hacking makes it possible to make Bowser's castle longer.

I love SMW, so I would definitely love a NSMW.

MnSG said:
World 8-Castle is obviously one level that was way too short. I mean, it's Bowser's castle, so you'd expect it to be long. At least level hacking makes it possible to make Bowser's castle longer.

I completely agree that Bowser's castle was way too short for being the last level of the "story mode." But of course Nintendo would change the levels like they did with NSMB (I don't have NSMBW, so I don't know if they did it then too). But then, if they changed the levels, they would probably fix them so you couldn't skip them with the Cape Feather.

New Super Mario Bros 2 was New Super Mario Bros Wii to me. Like shmutz and BLOF said I would love that. SMB2 was underated to me.

I can see how new super mario bros. 2 and new super mario bros. wii can be the same to you condidering Toad being a playable character in the main adventure mode

Also, my basic outline:

World 1 (Sunshine Coast): A sunny coastal plain, where Mario teams up with Yoshi to fight Koopas, Sidesteppers, Shy Guys, and other baddies. The world boss is Iggy Koopa (the bosses sre in the same order as in SMW)

World 2 (Dino Jungle): A thick jungle, marked by the ruins of an ancient Yoshi civilization. While swinging from vine to vine, avoid Munchers, those bugs from SMB2, and Dino Rhinos. The jungle shrubbery hides many a secret. After beating Morton, hop onto the nearby airship to fight Bowser Jr. and begin...

World 3 (Flower Fields): The colorful, pastel gardens are more dangerous than they appear, and a lot of the flora is out to get you. A fireball to the stem might discourage them.

World 4 (Magma Mountain): Smoke and ash block your way as you hop from rock to rock above the lava pits and avoid pesky Bullies. After exiting the volcano, storm Junior's fleet a second time.

World 5 (Boulder Beach): The rocky coastline can be tricky, so time your jumps well to stay away from Cheep Cheeps and the always-hated Big Bertha.

World 6 (Slippery Slope): The icy mountains provide a stark contrast to the tropical image of Yoshi's Island, but this is still a big world. Alternating between icy and sky levels (with combinations between the two as well), take down Bowser Jr. yet again after besting Wendy in her ice palace.

World 7 (Tar Cliff): Here, we learn Bowser's true plan; conquer Yoshi's island, and force the Yoshis to work in the oil fields to fuel his army! Defeat the final Koopaling, Larry, to crush the Koopa king's oil venture. But the adventure isn't over yet...

World 8 (Dark Land):...because Peach was kidnapped while you were on your adventure! Take a warp to Bowser's homeland to rescue the princess and beat the game.

Snowstalker said:
Also, my basic outline:

World 1 (Sunshine Coast): A sunny coastal plain, where Mario teams up with Yoshi to fight Koopas, Sidesteppers, Shy Guys, and other baddies. The world boss is Iggy Koopa (the bosses sre in the same order as in SMW)

World 2 (Dino Jungle): A thick jungle, marked by the ruins of an ancient Yoshi civilization. While swinging from vine to vine, avoid Munchers, those bugs from SMB2, and Dino Rhinos. The jungle shrubbery hides many a secret. After beating Morton, hop onto the nearby airship to fight Bowser Jr. and begin...

World 3 (Flower Fields): The colorful, pastel gardens are more dangerous than they appear, and a lot of the flora is out to get you. A fireball to the stem might discourage them.

World 4 (Magma Mountain): Smoke and ash block your way as you hop from rock to rock above the lava pits and avoid pesky Bullies. After exiting the volcano, storm Junior's fleet a second time.

World 5 (Boulder Beach): The rocky coastline can be tricky, so time your jumps well to stay away from Cheep Cheeps and the always-hated Big Bertha.

World 6 (Slippery Slope): The icy mountains provide a stark contrast to the tropical image of Yoshi's Island, but this is still a big world. Alternating between icy and sky levels (with combinations between the two as well), take down Bowser Jr. yet again after besting Wendy in her ice palace.

World 7 (Tar Cliff): Here, we learn Bowser's true plan; conquer Yoshi's island, and force the Yoshis to work in the oil fields to fuel his army! Defeat the final Koopaling, Larry, to crush the Koopa king's oil venture. But the adventure isn't over yet...

World 8 (Dark Land):...because Peach was kidnapped while you were on your adventure! Take a warp to Bowser's homeland to rescue the princess and beat the game.
Like that. You are making a good game paln, I would want that.

I would like another themed world rather than the ones abused in the New Super Mario Bros. games.

I see no reason to make a New Super Mario World because it would be no different than a New Super Mario Bros. 3, since the NSMB series already has Yoshi in it.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I see no reason to make a New Super Mario World because it would be no different than a New Super Mario Bros. 3, since the NSMB series already has Yoshi in it.

But maybe this game you can actually keep Yoshi with you instead of leaving him behind.

Baby Luigi said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

But maybe this game you can actually keep Yoshi with you instead of leaving him behind.
That's not a big enough feature to make it into a complete different series. If they made NSMB3, they could make that as an improvement from NSMBW.

Weird. Whenever I think about New Super Mario World, I instantly think, "remake of Super Mario World New Super Mario Bros. style". Don't know why.

Back