Waluigi and Wario's true identities?

Boozer

Koopa Troopa
I have wondered for years.....are wario and waluigi mario and luigi's coisins? Or brothers? Or step dads?

I think they are cousins which you spelt wrong. They are not brothers as of the Mario Bros and when they mean by that Mario and Luigi.

It hasn't ever been confirmed, but I personally don't think Wario or Waluigi are related to anyone. I also don't think that Wario and Waluigi are related to each other; they're probably just friends.

I'm guessing that Wario isn't related to the Mario Bros. by any means. He may have been Mario's childhood friend at one point, but Wario must've wanted to get even with Mario, based on childhood events.

Yeh, I saw that mario comic. Wario is just mario's name with one letter upside down, and waluigi is luigi with two letters added on. They gotta have so,thing to do with eachother.

To me Wario and Waluigi are brothers.

I heard it was stated that Wario was Mario's cousin. No one said anything about Waluigi being Wario's brother.

Has it ever been officially stated that Wario and Waluigi aren't brothers?

Classic Sonic said:
Has it ever been officially stated that Wario and Waluigi aren't brothers?

I belive one of my Strategy Guides says they're not bros, but they're probably not official since my Mario Party 5 Strategy Guide has some inaccurate info (the writer(s) wrote that the Star Spirits' first appearance was in that game even though first appeared in Paper Mario and it said Koopa Kid's first appearance was either SMB3 or Sunshine, both are false as SMB3 refers to the koopalings while Sunshine refers to Bowser Jr. the 1st appearance was obviously Mario Party 1).

I can trust Prima guides, who made those Strategy Guides.

They are creeps.

I tend to think as them somewhat related to Mario and Luigi, but they aren't really blood-related.

I'd say Wario's just another citizen of the Mushroom Kingdom and his resemblance to Mario is just coincidence.

As for Waluigi, I have two theories.

1. During Partners In Time, Luigi got...busy with a female Shroob.

2. Wario created Waluigi perhaps as a robot or clone of himself in order to rival Luigi similar to how Wario himself is a rival to Mario.

Aqua Soul said:
I'd say Wario's just another citizen of the Mushroom Kingdom and his resemblance to Mario is just coincidence.

2. Wario created Waluigi perhaps as a robot or clone of himself in order to rival Luigi similar to how Wario himself is a rival to Mario.
There parents must be haters with the Mario family.

Aqua Soul said:

That reminds me of an idea (a far-fetched one, but still an idea) I had that the Shroobs actually created Wario and Waluigi and placed them to be spies until the events of Partners in Time.

Leonyx said:
Aqua Soul said:

That reminds me of an idea (a far-fetched one, but still an idea) I had that the Shroobs actually created Wario and Waluigi and placed them to be spies until the events of Partners in Time.

Sounds similar to another theory someone else came up with. They said the part where the adult Mario Bros. were kidnapped in the Vim Factory and clones of Marioand Luigi were created known as Wario and Waluigi. Sort of makes sense to me. Also, notice how the Shroobs are purple while some of Wario and Waluigi's clothes are purple? There must be a connection.

Aqua Soul said:
Sounds similar to another theory someone else came up with. They said the part where the adult Mario Bros. were kidnapped in the Vim Factory and clones of Marioand Luigi were created known as Wario and Waluigi. Sort of makes sense to me. Also, notice how the Shroobs are purple while some of Wario and Waluigi's clothes are purple? There must be a connection.

Plus, Wario and Waluigi are hyperboles (for lack of a better term) of the Mario Bros., just like some of the creations of the Shroobs. It actually makes a lot of sense, but the theory is a bit out there.

Mariomario64 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Boozer said:
They were first seen in mario tenis.

Only Waluigi.
Wario first appeared in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, which was released about 8 years before Mario Tennis.
And he was also in Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party which came out before Mario tennis. Waluigi was only made because Camelot needed a partner for Wario.

I consider Wario and Waluigi as brothers. But they are not related to the Mario Brothers.
Why brothers? They are very similar and they are the "extreme" versions of the Mario brothers.

Maybe on the day they where born. Two other babies could have been born and herd their names.

I'm almost positive that mario and wario aren't related, they're just rivals. As for wario and waluigi, in mario super sluggers, wario refers to waluigi as being only his friend, no relative titles.

Back