What Characters, Tracks, and Features Do You Want in a Wii U Mario Kart?

I would really like planes. The air gliders are a step forward to planes

Ornithologist Mario said:
No, but how would they work? They have to leap over ramps, drift, poop items from behind, spit items forward, swim underwater (what was the last time Yoshi swam underwater?), shoot through cannons, etc. Yoshis don't fit in Mario Kart.

He already jumps on ramps, spits items, and swims (he swam in Super Mario World, and we haven't seen how the underwater system works yet, so it is possible that karts can go above water as well), and he doesn't have to poop out the items. In Mario Kart Double Dash, players threw the items. And if Mario can get shot out of a cannon by himself, I'm sure Yoshi can. I don't see a problem with it.

He doesn't have to drift. Karts couldn't do wheelies, but people played them too. He could just have loose turning, or maybe he could have a system similar to Air Ride machines from Kirby Air Ride.

When the player presses A, Yoshi slows down, slides, and charges up? When the player releases A, Yoshi gets a boost?

Drifting is also a part of Mario Kart. Drifting has been there forever. Wheelies were just in Mario Kart Wii.

When the player presses A, Yoshi slows down, slides, and charges up? When the player releases A, Yoshi gets a boost?

It sound really awkward when you say it like that, but yes. It could work like that. I'm sure if this were to happen, it would look more natural in the game. Hey, the Yoshi could even be winged. That would allow for traditional drifting. The more I talk about it, the more I like it.

I was also thinking of the ability to slide on a shell, a la Super Mario 64. I'm picturing a Koopa, riding a Koopa shell, shooting out Green shells.

My description is what Air Ride machines do, though. BTW, Air Ride machines would be awesome in Mario Kart. Too bad they can glide over stuff. Still, Mario characters on the Hydra and the Dragoon would look cool.

The Koopa Shell would be nice, but I wonder what would happen if your character got hit.

My description is what Air Ride machines do, though.

I know that's what they do and what I was talking about, but the way you described it made it sound more awkward than what I was picturing.

I'd rather they make some machine that had mechanics similar to an Air Ride (like the hovering spaceship I was talking about) rather than an actual Air Ride. I don't really like the idea of having guest stars in the game. I'm sure they could pull it off though.

An even better picture: a Koopa, riding a Koopa shell, shooting a Green shell while avoiding another Green shell. Now THAT'S an epic picture.

Leonyx said:
My description is what Air Ride machines do, though.

I know that's what they do and what I was talking about, but the way you described it made it sound more awkward than what I was picturing.

I'd rather they make some machine that had mechanics similar to an Air Ride (like the hovering spaceship I was talking about) rather than an actual Air Ride. I don't really like the idea of having guest stars in the game. I'm sure they could pull it off though.

An even better picture: a Koopa, riding a Koopa shell, shooting a Green shell while avoiding another Green shell. Now THAT'S an epic picture.

I mentioned a hoverkart earlier in this topic. Instead of wheels, your kart would hover, but it will still get affected by off-road and items.

I really like the second, original idea. I just don't know how Nintendo will execute it.

I mentioned a hoverkart earlier in this topic. Instead of wheels, your kart would hover, but it will still get affected by off-road and items.

I really like the second, original idea. I just don't know how Nintendo will execute it.

Which idea are you talking about? The one you detailed here? I'm sure they could get it to work. I don't see any reason it wouldn't.

I meant the Koopa Shell one. What would happen if I rammed someone riding a Koopa Shell with a Star?

Hmm... that's a good point actually. Technically the shell should disappear. Even if it didn't, the person should be knocked off of it. Er... magic? I don't know...

If the rider gets knocked off and has to get back on, that would be a big downside, wouldn't it?

Yes it would. Perhaps to balance it, they could make the shell faster, or better at dodging things. Of course, Blue shells pretty much kill that advantage...

I wonder if Air Ride machines were there and they had quickspin.

That would be pretty cool. It could reflect items and stuff. Maybe that's how they balance the weakness.

Lily said:
everyone agrees with me.

That's because Double Dash was boss, and I was boss at Bowser's Castle 4 =D

Bikes being better than Karts seems a little... subjective.

And if we're being subjective, the game would be called Daisy Bike because overall, Daisy's speed made her superior to Mario.

a Mod said:
Lily said:
everyone agrees with me.

That's because Double Dash was boss, and I was boss at Bowser's Castle 4 =D

Bikes being better than Karts seems a little... subjective.

And if we're being subjective, the game would be called Daisy Bike because overall, Daisy's speed made her superior to Mario.

More like Funky Bike, or even Funky Runner, since that's what people are abusing online.

Leonyx said:
Maybe every character can have his or her unique vehicle, like Mario could ride on a Yoshi, or Peach could use her floating power, or Bowser riding his Clown Car.
...no. I'm sorry, but that idea just... yeah lol :P Unique vehicles, yes, that be neat. But not to the point where they are not driving a kart. lol

Peachy said:
...no. I'm sorry, but that idea just... yeah lol :P Unique vehicles, yes, that be neat. But not to the point where they are not driving a kart. lol

Eh, I thought it would be kinda cool.

Well, I like most of the GBA courses. They're awesome.

Want Tick Tock clock form Mario Kart DS, it was just fun to race on.

Regarding a possible Mario Kart Wii U roster...

Small
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Baby DK
Baby Wario
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Paratroopa
Boo
Dry Bones

Medium
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Tiny Kong
Bowser Jr.
Hammer Bro
Kamek

Large
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Funky Kong
Bowser
Dry Bowser
King K. Rool
Kritter
Petey Piranha
King Boo
Rosalina
Raphael the Raven

Other
Mii

Or in simpler words, you want to see as many Mario/DK/Yoshi characters as possible.
I'm now already sure Nintendo won't do that.

Back