Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

It's leaving tracks. Perhaps you do have to follow it

Still not sure what to make of the ghosts this time around. I don't know, I kind of like the designs of the ghosts from the previous game more. Which is not to say that these designs are bad, just not as... I don't know... inspired. But, we'll see. I liked the really fat one, though!

I read somewhere that the orange one is a boss.

(Posting large ghost art because I feel like it)
480px-Ghost1.jpg

569px-Ghost2.jpg

480px-Ghost3.jpg

480px-Ghost4.jpg]

480px-Ghost5.jpg

480px-Ghost6.jpg

New Super Mario said:
The dog is just adorable.

I really like the new artwork.

This game is definitely one of the Mario games lately I've been really excited about. This and Pikmin 3 will be the highlights for next year.
I agree with this.

Also I really do hope that this dog is Poochy, for then Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon will have our Lord and Saviour Poochy in it, thereby making the game an automatic success in my book.

YoshiKong said:
The unnamed dog, it reminds me of Spooky from the original. Spooky chases Luigi when he approaches. But in the new artwork (here it is again);

640px-Lmdmart3.jpg

It is the other way round and Luigi is chasing the dog for some urgent reason. Hmm.
It probably has a Key. Also I like the look of the green Ghost with the Pan.

The art style is different from the rest of the Mario series and LM1. The character arts have little "dents" like a golf ball or something.

Cinnamon Pi said:
New Super Mario said:

This game is definitely one of the Mario games lately I've been really excited about. This and Pikmin 3 will be the highlights for next year.
I agree with this.

Also I really do hope that this dog is Poochy, for then Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon will have our Lord and Saviour Poochy in it, thereby making the game an automatic success in my book.

Too bad it would imply he's dead but oh well.

Northern Verve said:
Cinnamon Pi said:
New Super Mario said:

I agree with this.

Too bad it would imply he's dead but oh well.
Well doesn't SMW2 take place when Mario was a baby?
Poochy was pretty young looking, like a puppy. So now he might have died of old age. (I think of Mario and Luigi being born in 1981, and thirty-one years is pretty old for a dog. Their years and stuff is seven times ours, so two hours for us would be fourteen for them. 31 in dog years would be 217)

Squirtle said:
Poochy was pretty young looking, like a puppy. So now he might have died of old age. (I think of Mario and Luigi being born in 1981, and thirty-one years is pretty old for a dog. Their years and stuff is seven times ours, so two hours for us would be fourteen for them. 31 in dog years would be 217)

I thought age didn't exist in Mario games,anyways if it is Poochy it would be pretty awesome,also that yellow ghost reminds me alot of Mr. Luggs (SP?) from the first LM game.

Squirtle said:
Good point.

Squirtle said:
The art style is different from the rest of the Mario series and LM1. The character arts have little "dents" like a golf ball or something.

I thought they used models at first glance

If anyone for some reason is going to the Sundance festival, there's gonna be a playable demo of this game in there.

They better not. It's looking great so far.

New Super Mario said:
Zae said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Looking forward to this, unless Nintendo screws it up.

A possibility.
I don't know, there hasn't been a Mario game since I don't know, maybe Bowser's Inside Story that's made me this excited about it's release.

I'm just saying its a possibility, and it's not uncommon for great games that have sequels to only be ruined.

Overall though I'm hoping for the best, but it's still going to be ages before I get a 3DS anyway so I'm not that excited about it.

It's definitely a change from all those 3D art we keep getting from each New Super Mario Bros. game.

Back