Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

What if E. Gadd was "evil all along"? When you take into account Bowser Junior's magic paintbrush scenario from Sunshine, it doesn't seem all that far fetched.

Jeff said:
What if E. Gadd was "evil all along"? When you take into account Bowser Junior's magic paintbrush scenario from Sunshine, it doesn't seem all that far fetched.
I really don't like the thought of E. Gadd being evil. Not to mention that the connection between main and side games are so ambiguous that I'm 99% sure they won't even mention Sunshine. Chances are, Jr. stole it. He's been helping out the Mario gang for years and I don't see Nintendo doing that to such a treasured ally. Not to mention that I love E. Gadd too much to even take a plot like that seriously.

i'm so excited for the new luigi's mansion game

i've watched all of the trailers because i'm so excited

it seems really cool because you can travel through different mansions and fight new bosses and new ghosts :bowjr: and i'm really gonna like this game because i like ghosts and i never know when there's going to be something that i didn't expect or expect.

The only thing that could make this game better was if ti was on the wii u and not the 3ds, not that I'm hating on the 3DS but it would just feel better on a bigger screen, with better graphics and a bigger control to hold. What do you guys think?

Z-omb said:
The only thing that could make this game better was if ti was on the wii u and not the 3ds, not that I'm hating on the 3DS but it would just feel better on a bigger screen, with better graphics and a bigger control to hold. What do you guys think?
I like it better on the Nintendo 3DS mainly because of how the 3D adds to the puzzle-aspect of the gameplay and scary moments. Not to mention that it would save me the trouble of going to my map like I did in the first Luigi's Mansion with the GameBoy Horror. (Of course, the Wii U also has this advantage, but since the handheld is smaller, I don;t have to switch my vision between the two screens for a longer moment) Also, you could use the 3DS' gyroscope for taking pictures with the new portable handheld you receive from Professor E. Gadd.

Ultimately, I think the best console in general would've been the Wii. The whole aiming aspect of pointing your vacuum and flashlight and shaking to knock on objects would have been PERFECT.

Something I noticed in the trailer.
3DS_LMansionDM_4_scrn13_E3.png

The egg sac-like thing at the bottom of the screen looks mushroom shaped (it's a bit clearer a few frames before the one in the image above).

So this is my speculation.

Toad got taken away by a family/group of spiders and was held captive, getting cocooned in the process. So Luigi had to go and save him, where the big spider spots Luigi and thus starts a boss fight.

But since the end of the trailer shows Luigi using an elevator from that room, then maybe some other monster caught the cocoon and Luigi has to find him again.

Whilst gameplay is the most important aspect of any video game, I can't get over how good this would look on the Wii U. It would be so much better had it been released for that console instead of the 3DS.

Z-omb said:
Whilst gameplay is the most important aspect of any video game, I can't get over how good this would look on the Wii U. It would be so much better had it been released for that console instead of the 3DS.

Still going on about that?

It's on the 3DS, that's that. I don't think people were complaining it wasn't for the Wii U when they announced it a year ago. Why should they now.

Being a puzzle game is what's turning me off right now. The original wasn't a puzzle game and that had some frustrating moments, like those piles of dirt in the basement and Boos with triple digit health escaping into other rooms, even more annoying are the ones in the attic and basement.

Judging by the hairstyle, I think it might be his mother or something.

This should get interesting if E. Gadd's family is introduced. Also, apperantly Luigi has to collect the Dark Moon Shards because they act as a seal against supernatural powers.

Back