Mario Kart 7

So, to sum it up in four words:

WHAT. WAS. NINTENDO. THINKING.

Nintendo was thinking that we would ENJOY LABOR!!!

They are thinking that we are insane enough to be motivated to get a super crappy, poorly-designed body too.

The Gold Standard isn't THAT useless. The Gold Tires, on the other hand, are a different story; they're inferior to the Slicks, which are inferior to the Monster and Red Monster.

On an unrelated note, I did check my status at Real(life) Karts, and as of now, I'm actually ranked 2nd, in terms of point amounts.

MnSG said:
The Gold Standard isn't THAT useless.

I think it's aesthetically unpleasing and if i want a speed boost, I'd use either the Blue Seven or the Zucchini which IMO look WAY better than a yellow-coated Standard

MnSG said:
The Gold Standard isn't THAT useless. The Gold Tires, on the other hand, are a different story; they're inferior to the Slicks, which are inferior to the Monster and Red Monster.

On an unrelated note, I did check my status at Real(life) Karts, and as of now, I'm actually ranked 2nd, in terms of point amounts.

I think you need an intervention.

Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:
The Gold Standard isn't THAT useless.

I think it's aesthetically unpleasing and if i want a speed boost, I'd use either the Blue Seven or the Zucchini which IMO look WAY better than a yellow-coated Standard

In the end, it's mostly a preference matter. Of course, the Gold Standard doesn't hinder handling like the Blue Seven, Bruiser, and Zucchini. On the other hand, the B Dasher boosts handling, making it more useful than the Gold Standard.

Still, the Gold Standard doesn't hinder acceleration as much as the Blue Seven and B Dasher, so you can reach the 4.75 acceleration mark with it if you use a Feather class character, the Roller tires, and an acceleration boosting glider; at best, the B Dasher and Blue Seven can only have up to 4.5 acceleration, which accelerates at the same rate as 3.75. Plus, the Gold Standard doesn't hinder sea speed like the Zucchini and Bruiser.

But again, it's primarily your choice that matters.

Wayoshi said:
Any dedicated online plyaer would get these in good time anyways...

And I'm not a dedicated online plyaer, nor I will ever be

:bowser:
Baby Luigi said:
Wayoshi said:

Welp, your loss. I think they made them below average in stats, is because it'd be bad if just because somebody reached that ammount of coins, they get these super outrageously good parts. Theyre just there for their look. And the coin ammount needed is pretty much another way of saying, the more you play online, the more you get rewarded.

And the Gold Tires are not as lame as the Gold Glider.

The Gold Glider has the same stat boosts as the Super Glider though, so that's a pro if you like to use combos with good weight.

MnSG said:
The Gold Glider has the same stat boosts as the Super Glider though, so that's a pro if you like to use combos with good weight.

It's not a pro if the Super Glider/Beast Glider are ready for use and look a thousand times better than a crummy pyrite covered glider.

And you are required a flippin' 10,000 coins to unlock. It's nearly worthless

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
:bowser:
Baby Luigi said:
Wayoshi said:

Welp, your loss. I think they made them below average in stats, is because it'd be bad if just because somebody reached that ammount of coins, they get these super outrageously good parts. Theyre just there for their look. And the coin ammount needed is pretty much another way of saying, the more you play online, the more you get rewarded.

There's supposed to be a sense of achievement when you reach a big feat. It does NOT feel rewarding to be awarded with a recolored Standard with slightly different stats. I wasn't really aiming for stats, but rather for the looks of a kart. If it was a super-awesome looking body, I'd go for it. Very much like the Beast Glider. I thought it looked cool, even though it had Super Glider stats, but I still like it very much and it's my regular glider.

Gold is like the color of victory. That's why there's gold cups and gold medals and stuff. So having gold parts is just one way to show off that you're good at the game. They're pieces you use to show off, just like how you would show off to your friends if you won a gold cup in a huge event.

Gold is a worthless piece of scrap metal and overused as a valuable item. And even if it was like that, I would rather have a completely new body that's golden than a recolor

Baby Luigi said:
Gold is a worthless piece of scrap metal and overused as a valuable item. And even if it was like that, I would rather have a completely new body that's golden than a recolor

It's worthless but it's still the color that you want out of bronze, silver and gold. It was probably a last minute thing. It was rushed wasn't it, so they mightve just decided to throw it in as a bonus. Otherwise there would be no need to play it so much for nothing.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Baby Luigi said:

It's worthless but it's still the color that you want out of bronze, silver and gold. It was probably a last minute thing. It was rushed wasn't it, so they mightve just decided to throw it in as a bonus. Otherwise there would be no need to play it so much for nothing.

Actually, I personally prefer silver but I get your point

One of the few reasons I want the Gold Standard badly is so I can use Metal Mario + Gold Standard + Gold Tires + Gold Glider to get a super shiny combo.

La Marionette said:
One of the few reasons I want the Gold Standard badly is so I can use Metal Mario + Gold Standard + Gold Tires + Gold Glider to get a super shiny combo.
Don't forget the Gold Steering Wheel!

Yeah, that too, but I think it's pretty negligible because the requirements for having it is pretty ridiculous.

I don't even bother with the gyro sensing controls. I only use it when viewing replays, especially since it's not very convenient to be racing in first-person view.

The Pipe Frame's cool :)

Back