Mario Kart 7

You now have to update your 3DS to Ver. 4.1.0-8U (for NTSC-U 3DS owners) before you can access the eShop.

Regarding the patch, it's apparently called Mario Kart 7 Ver. 1.1, and it's categorized as Add-On Content for your 3DS. You obviously need an SD Card to download the patch, but at least it only use 43 blocks.

So far, the patch is living up to expectations, since I did at least one Maka Wuhu race, and no one even attempted to glitch.

MnSG said:
You now have to update your 3DS to Ver. 4.1.0-8U (for NTSC-U 3DS owners) before you can access the eShop.

Regarding the patch, it's apparently called Mario Kart 7 ver. 1.1, and it's categorized as Add-On Content for your 3DS. You obviously need an SD Card to download the patch, but at least it only use 43 blocks.

So far, the patch is living up to expectations, since I did at least one Maka Wuhu race, and no one even attempted to glitch.

Well that's the point of it, to stop the glitch being used.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:

I know that, but it also makes me wonder if there are players who are ignoring the patch, just because they're major glitch abusers. I'll probably never know.

MnSG said:

I know that, but it also makes me wonder if there are players who are ignoring the patch, just because they're major glitch abusers. I'll probably never know.

The patch is required to play online. I've seen people attempt the glitch and fail.

MnSG said:

Regarding the patch, it's apparently called Mario Kart 7 ver. 1.1, and it's categorized as Add-On Content for your 3DS. You obviously need an SD Card to download the patch, but at least it only use 43 blocks.

Will it still be playable in single player mode?
The glitch of course.

From what I understand, the patch only applies to Online Multiplayer, so the glitches can still be performed offline.

'3K said:
seriously loling at the people still trying to pull it off online

I actually did some Maka Wuhu races, where that dilemma happened. I never liked glitching to begin with, so the patch is music to my ears.

Anyway, this patch makes me wonder what else Nintendo will do to enhance Mario Kart 7's Online Multiplayer feature. Maybe the company should consider adding a private community feature; you could create a community, where only those that you invited can join; you have to have the players' friend codes to do this though.

Edit: I just received a SpotPass message, regarding the patch.

The patch is very quick to download which is good. It also doesn't give you the option of sleep mode download. I've been busy getting 100% on KI:U but I will try Maka Wuhu tonight so I can actually enjoy the race. I also discovered that the game was changing my kart options when playing online. Did they fix this?

I was kind of annoyed, doing a system update and still having to go into the eShop for the download. And still no message about it.

I was kind of annoyed, doing a system update and still having to go into the eShop for the download. And still no message about it.

That's rather odd. I got the SpotPass message some time after I downloaded the update yesterday.

Broly said:
Well, hit the 3000 coin mark.

For this game? Well, I hate grinding for coins. I have ~10,000 coins.

Bleh, you know how bored I am from racing Mirror Mode all the time?

Mirror Mode bores me now. Yeah, I get the occasional 2nd place, but it's usually due to bad timing or some little slip I did. In Mirror Mode, I hate Star Cup the most.

Check your system settings to make sure you have SpotPass turned on.

Mario4Ever said:

Check your system settings to make sure you have SpotPass turned on.

It's on, I never turned it off, I just didn't/haven't gotten the message. I've gotten other ones, but not this one (and the other update one)

If your 3DS's region is NTSC-U, I would've expected that you would receive the SpotPass message by now.

PAL, I'm Australian.

Oh. Then it's probable that PAL never covers those types of things. I don't really know though, since I'm a North American.

Back