Mario Kart 7

I agree with Crackin' that part. Survival mode can just be a real fleeing, camping fest, especially when played against just 2 people

My personal reason for preferring the points system is that I can kill Wario 6 times in one match.

I can do Bob-ombs only as well, so Wario gets blown up 21 times in the process.

The item customization is one more step towards more customizable races

I have been doing a large amount of Real(life) Karts community races on my end. It's always nice when there's a community where you don't have to worry about item abuse at all; Real(life) Karts is a Mushrooms only community.

This is also a plus for any combos that suffer from poor acceleration.

Isn't a Bananas only community similar to no item abuse too?

Baby Luigi said:

Not exactly, since bananas can easily mess you up if placed at the worst spots. Mushrooms only is better for the fact that almost nothing can slow you down, apart from the track hazards anyway.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

Not exactly, since bananas can easily mess you up if placed at the worst spots. Mushrooms only is better for the fact that almost nothing can slow you down, apart from the track hazards anyway.

Except that heavyweights have a big chance of knocking lighter guys off, providing if the course has the right conditions

I agree, gliders are fun. They are a step towards what I want most in a Mario Kart game: planes

Too bad the selection is extremely limited.

Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

Except that heavyweights have a big chance of knocking lighter guys off, providing if the course has the right conditions

Which is why it's a paradise for the fastest combos, since you don't have to worry about any Spiny Shells ruining your run. After all, <1.75 acceleration equals a very hard time recovering. Of course, certain tracks are easier to handle for high handling combos, so the Mushrooms and Slims are decent alternatives, with the latter having a better advantage while underwater.

Baby Luigi said:
I agree, gliders are fun. They are a step towards what I want most in a Mario Kart game: planes

La Marionette said:
Too bad the selection is extremely limited.

I've heard that air handling is more important than air speed. Of course, you may be wasting acceleration points, which could easily be used to enhance your combo's weight.

Hm, I thought I heard that gliders like the Flower and the Parasol are worthless because they sacrifice so much air speed, but they are so much easier to handle in the air.

La Marionette said:
Hm, I thought I heard that gliders like the Flower and the Parasol are worthless because they sacrifice so much air speed, but they are so much easier to handle in the air.

Some glider shortcuts are much easier to pull off with the Flower Glider and Peach Parasol though. Of course, they're at their best when the wheels that you're using are the Roller, Sponge, or Wood.

My Brother has Mario Kart 7, but hes obsessed with some other mario game :P

I really like it. Good tracks, Characters and Karts. I don't like the two new items, though. Fire Flowers are annoying. I suck at aiming it and the CPUs can't stop bombarding me with it! And the Tanooki tail always dissapears at the worst times. And it almost always keeps me from getting that special item box in DK Pass. And what happened to the Fake Item Box? That was a staple for the entire sub-series! I also dislike the fact that there's no Solo VS mode. But all cons aside. The game shines through those. I'm almost 100% complete. Only (at best) 114 more Grand Prix's until I unlock the Gold Kart! Then I'll be bored. :-\ Oh, yeah, and also: THE LAST TRACK IN LIGHTNING CUP IS A RETRO RAINBOW ROAD!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo.............*Goes on for eternity and a half*

La Marionette said:
I don't miss the Fake Item Box.

Apart from tricking players, it's useless as a defensive item. Of course, its removal pretty much means that every item that the 1st place racer gets can stop Red Shells (except for mushrooms).

I don't miss the Fake Box either but its removal was pointless IMO. It's as much as a staple to the series as much Lightning is.

For those people who got all shitty over glitches in the game, apparently the new Update will patch it (as well as Kingdom Hearts 3D)

April 25th in North America, no date for oer regions

MnSG said:
La Marionette said:
I don't miss the Fake Item Box.

Apart from tricking players, it's useless as a defensive item. Of course, its removal pretty much means that every item that the 1st place racer gets can stop Red Shells (except for mushrooms).

I'm sure you can find many videos of using FIBs as defensive items.

Back