Mario Kart 7

Oh, poo. Of course after I spent hours writing this, I have to leave out a single detail. -_-

Well I thought you liked that detail a lot. It's annoying how you're limited to a single kart in Battle Mode and Mario Kart 7 actually had the option to choose your kart.

I do like that feature but I forgot. :'( Now, let people read my review.

Well, my opinion of your review (even though I agree with much of your review) is that you're a bit nitpicky. That's what I think, but I may be crazy.

Vynnie said:
Trust me man this course is dangerous to the power of ten. /100% serious.

Someone didn't get the point.

mariomario64 said:
I meant who are you as in why would anyone hate on MK7 so much.

You should have built your statement in another way, then! :eek:

I agree with most of the things that Ornithologist Mario, except that Yoshi's voice is bad (at least his Nintendo 64 voice was good) and that Rosalina's Ice World is a good course. I also don't understand why they think they need to remove older features to implement new ones. Very good and detailed review, it kind of sums up everything I think of the game. Overall = empty.

I liked Yoshi's voice more in Mario Kart 64 :). Yoshi's voice doesn't really impact the review. It's a personal thought, that's all. I enjoyed racing on Rosalina's Ice World, although I think it's too short.

Thanks for reading my review. I thought the game seriously lacked in features as well. It feels as if it has an empty hole in it, honestly.

Why aren't you two particularly fond of online play? Do you consider it more fun to play alone/with each other? Nice review, LGM, though I would argue that online play lets you grind for coins just a bit more quickly since you can just jump into race after race rather than selecting a cup/individual course on which to play in single-player mode.

I pretty much waited until I got the Beast Glider (got 5000 coins) before doing any Wi-Fi races. That way, I'd have access to all the normal kart parts, giving me more combo options to choose from.

I have to admit, that was a great review LGM. Probably would've given the game a lower score for obvious reasons. :waluigi:

MK7 did have nice taste in Retro courses at least. Way better than MK Wii...

I've only played the game like 4 times since I got it for Christmas.

To be honest, I still think MKDS is the superior handheld Mario Kart for many reasons.

Waluigi + Single Player Vs + Airship Fortress/Waluigi Pinball/Tick Tock Clock = hours of gameplay

Also, on the music aspect. I agree that music isn't one of MK's strong points, but MKDS had memorable music., mainy the three courses I mentioned earlier.

And no, Airship Fortress and Waluigi Pinball do not count as "memorable music" for MK7 since it didn't originate from said game.

I really disliked Mario Kart DS's drifting mechanics, since they can be a pain for your left thumb. Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 fixed that problem up, which is, by my perspective, a good change.

Of course, Mario Kart DS does win for the fact that you can see all the track hazards on the touch screen. In Mario Kart 7, you have absolutely no warning that a pinball is coming your way.

Mario4Ever said:
Why aren't you two particularly fond of online play? Do you consider it more fun to play alone/with each other?

We're pretty sympathetic to others. We enjoy screwing around with the computers, something that can't be done in WiFi. I hate screwing around with actual humans since they have feelings unlike the CPUs.

Also, we have each other. We share the same thoughts and techniques, so we're pretty much equal when it comes to skill. We also find it enjoyable to race with each other as well.

Mario4Ever said:
Why aren't you two particularly fond of online play? Do you consider it more fun to play alone/with each other? Nice review, LGM, though I would argue that online play lets you grind for coins just a bit more quickly since you can just jump into race after race rather than selecting a cup/individual course on which to play in single-player mode.

Well, my sister and I prefer computer opponents rather than human opponents. Human opponents are enjoyable to race with, though, but they have feelings, and I'm easily frustrated. CPU opponents are stupid and funny to beat up. I prefer playing alone. In Battle Mode, for instance, I go after one character ( :wario:), but with all humans, that's bullying. Yes, I can play Mario Kart skillfully. I am like a counterargument to those that think that people that play only against CPUs are bad.

Gamefreak75 said:
I have to admit, that was a great review LGM. Probably would've given the game a lower score for obvious reasons. :waluigi:

MK7 did have nice taste in Retro courses at least. Way better than MK Wii...

I've only played the game like 4 times since I got it for Christmas.

To be honest, I still think MKDS is the superior handheld Mario Kart for many reasons.

Waluigi + Single Player Vs + Airship Fortress/Waluigi Pinball/Tick Tock Clock = hours of gameplay

Also, on the music aspect. I agree that music isn't one of MK's strong points, but MKDS had memorable music., mainy the three courses I mentioned earlier.

And no, Airship Fortress and Waluigi Pinball do not count as "memorable music" for MK7 since it didn't originate from said game.

I liked Mario Kart DS the least. There were way too many spiny shells and the drifting mechanic kills my fingers. It does have its share of good tracks, such as Tick Tock Clock, Airship Fortress, Waluigi Pinball, and... well... I forgot some, perhaps. However, it has stuff like Yoshi Falls, Figure 8, Desert Hills, etc.... all courses I dislike.

MnSG said:
In Mario Kart 7, you have absolutely no warning that a pinball is coming your way.

I know, right? Was Nintendo being forgetful, negligent, or both? Shameful!

Mario Kart Wii returned all the mediocre-to-bad courses from the DS.

Thanks for the thoughts. I really appreciate it. Maybe I should post it in GameFAQs. 8)

Ornithologist Mario said:
It does have its share of good tracks, such as Tick Tock Clock, Airship Fortress, Waluigi Pinball, and... well... I forgot some, perhaps.

SHROOM RIDGE :D

Ornithologist Mario said:
Well, my sister and I prefer computer opponents rather than human opponents. Human opponents are enjoyable to race with, though, but they have feelings, and I'm easily frustrated. CPU opponents are stupid and funny to beat up. I prefer playing alone. In Battle Mode, for instance, I go after one character ( :wario:), but with all humans, that's bullying. Yes, I can play Mario Kart skillfully. I am like a counterargument to those that think that people that play only against CPUs are bad.

I think you got this messed up. Being good at the game and winning isn't bullying, that's just playing the game.

Bullying is being called names and getting stuff thrown at you, being excluded, etc.
Cyber bullying is worse though since you can't do anything to fight back. Makes you feel powerless.

a.k.a My Everyday Life.

Also, yes, everybody has feelings, but the whole point of racing is to win. Online is just a race with various people of different skill levels.

Going after one person is chastisement , I think. It's like harassing, which is like bullying.

I think you forgot It's just a fucking game.

If they don't like it they disconnect and join another match.

Simple as that. What your trying to say is trying to win in a game against people is bullying.

Going after one person is called chasing them.

Bullying is being picked on constantly. It's not fun. It's horrible. A game is just some fun

Being bullied is not fun at all. Now stop comparing a Videogames to bullying. It's fucking dumb

What Ornithologist Mario said can qualify as cyberbullying, which can be just as hurtful (emotionally, of course), and should also be stopped... which isn't very likely. Like Monkey D. Luffy said, the best thing you can do is drop out and not play with them anymore.

But its nothing like cyber bullying, cyber bullying is where youre being called names and the like and have no way of stopping it. A Game is just a game, you can easily avoid it and it doesnt lower your self esteem or anything like that in any way. It's NOT Bullying or Cyber bullying at all. so lets get off this fucking stupid ass topic of a playing a game being bullying before i flip my shit.

But videogames are only videogames. Chasing someone in a videogame isnt bullying. It's just choosing a target. if thats cyber bullying then so is winning in a race. Woops! I won a race, i fucking bullied everybody!

Being hit by an opponent in a game doesnt hurt your feelings, lower your self-esteem or send you into depression.

it doesnt make you unable to trust people, it doesnt make you afraid to speak up and it doesnt make your life a living hell where everything you choose to do gets you yelled at.

Now lets get off this fucking subject before i have to remind myself that I have to go through the same shit i just said for another 3 or 4 years. I try to look at the good side of things but your making it pretty fucking hard.

Well, winning a race may be one thing, but singling you out among other racers is another. Not to mention, there's kicking you while you're down...

Although, given the balance issues in Mario Kart, sometimes I wonder if it was all on purpose or just a freak accident.

Either way, I don't like you're argument that "video games are only video games". Because I feel they can be more than just that.

Video Games are Video Games. Thats why theyre called Video games. because they're just fucking games. They dont cause any of the effects of bullying from my previous post. Those are all the things that happened to me after being bullied. by my own friends

Playing a game and having a target is NOT Bullying. End of subject. Now im in a fucking bad mood because of this. You never know how bad it is and how bad it can make you feel until you've experienced it.

Ok what the heck. I know that bullying is something bad but come on, being better than others is not being a bully, it's just... being better .___. Stop it with the conversation about bullying already, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with playing Mario Kart and we're getting way off-topic.

@Mario4Ever, I don't know why, but I just have never liked online games. I'd rather play with a computer or with actual people who are with me. I don't have a specific reason for that, but that's just the way it is.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
Video Games are Video Games. Thats why theyre called Video games. because they're just *bleep*ing games. They dont cause any of the effects of bullying from my previous post. Those are all the things that happened to me after being bullied. by my own friends

Playing a game and having a target is NOT Bullying. End of subject. Now im in a *bleep*ing bad mood because of this. You never know how bad it is and how bad it can make you feel until you've experienced it.
Okay, clearly this isn't the topic to be talking about this. I believe that, despite the name, video games are more then just games, that they can have the same intellectual and emotional capabilities as books, movies, graphics novels, or any source of entertainment. Apparently you don't feel that way, and I don't want to get into a deep discussion like that when you're in a bad mood like this.

Especially since this is supposed to be about Mario Kart 7, which... I've actually stopped playing completely, now that I got the gold on every course on everything up to Mirror Mode.

I wasn't talking about being better. I'm talking about... picking on somebody. I wouldn't feel good if some player kept following me and hitting me with shells or knocking me off a cliff constantly.

Getting Gold is easy in Mario Kart 7. However, I still play it because I follow Wario around and hit him with shells. :P

Back