Mario Kart 7

Tanooki ToxBox said:
How we can unlock kart parts?

Collecting coins?

That might be the purpose of the coins, but only time will tell.

>>Tanooki ToxBox
It's unknown yet, so I don't have any information about that.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Like I've said before, it's exactly as in Mario Kart Wii, as far as I've played the E3 Demo on 2 non-E3 Events.

I'll be honest, that's a bit disappointing.

New artwork, and I'm to lazy to repost them here.
You'll find 3 Character Artwork, 2 Item Artwork, and 1 Icon Artwork at the following link:
http://www.dshack.org/forum/index.php?/topic/516-mario-kart-seven-discussion/page__p__5561#entry5561

MnSG said:
Tanooki ToxBox said:
How we can unlock kart parts?

Collecting coins?

That might be the purpose of the coins, but only time will tell.
I would like Play coins to be used for that.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
New artwork, and I'm to lazy to repost them here.
You'll find 3 Character Artwork, 2 Item Artwork, and 1 Icon Artwork at the following link:
http://www.dshack.org/forum/index.php?/topic/516-mario-kart-seven-discussion/page__p__5561#entry5561

I've uploaded the images from that page onto the Mario Wiki. Some of the artworks had to be resized though; uploaded images can't use over 12,250,000 colors now.

Really?
That restriction does make it have lower resolution, but at the other hand, it also makes the site not eat as much bandwidth, making Porple save up loads of money, and having pictures loaded up a lot quicker.

Yes. You put it on sleep mode and walk with it. Every 100 steps get you 1 Play Coin but you can only get 12 per day, I think.

The new artwork looks nice. I greatly appreciate it. Except for a third gameart of Mario, which Nintendo notoriously always does

Kart stats are present, based on the following screenshot...

NA-eShop-MK7-5.jpg

Additionally, the Mario Kart Wii sprites are being reused...

NA-eShop-MK7-4.jpg

I don't know if I should say that the Mario Kart Wii heads are lazy or that recycling the heads saves time and money.

Probably the latter (Nintendo does love their money) though time shouldn't be a problem considering how long they had. Also not to mention that most of the voice clips for the characters are exactly the same as that of MKWii, and the victory music, start up, and character select music all seem to be the same as of the previous game. :( Regardless, I have to admit that the sprites and details from MKWii were already amazing to begin with, so it is not too bad they kept the same things (though we are used to changing voices, sprites, music in each MK installment).

Also the new artwork looks great! Can't wait to see more of it. Also I especially like Mario's one. Gives him a sense of personality with that serious face on him.

I'm looking forward to this. Their is a part in one of the trailers wheres its a snowy area, but behind the fences theirs parts that look like comet observatory house/things as well as a planet in the back. its like, 0:37 on one of the trailers. I doubt the Baby Characters will be in, im kind of glad, leaves room for some newer, interesting characters. I dont like it when they waste space on a smaller version of an existing character.

Waluigi Pinball is in too, which is cool.

>>Propeller Toad
Don't forget you're talking about the Demo, right now.
The Demo didn't even have a 3DS Menu sound (other Apps on said 3DS's have, including the Dev Menu App).
The title screen, however, didn't have any music neither.

But funny enough, with the cart inserted, the Mario Kart 7 Demo's logo at the 3DS Menu is almost exactly the same as MKW's thumbnail on the Wii Menu.

Just the "Mario Kart" logo, a sliding red/transparent flag-thingy, and black background at the top screen, and a black background with "Press A to Start" at the bottom screen.

But again, keep in mind that's the Demo version, so it will be changed in the final.

Back