Mario Kart 7

New Mario Kart 7 Footage - Analysis

So, here's a breakdown of the latest Mario Kart 7 video (http://www.3dsview.com/2011/10/21/fresh-mario-kart-7-footage/)
There's a lot of interesting things.
First, we have a remake of DS's Luigi Mansion course. Not much new here except what seems to be an extra jump.
Next: Mushroom Gorge is a Retro Track! Fun! I've noticed that there is a bit of displacement with items, and a new type of mushroom to bounce you extra high and give you time to fly with your hang-glider.
Moving on, a Bowser course - looks like an airship. But it's still the typical Castle course, sharp turns and lava.
Then the Hawaii-themed course we've seen. Nothing really changed there, but underwater, if we look closely, we'll notice that tricks are still in from the last game.
Now, a scenic, twisty course. Note the emphasis on Daisy, so it's possible it could be Daisy Village or something. There are a few branching paths; this looks very fun. Also, Shy Guy is a playable character, it seems.
We come to a Mario Circuit or Toad-Circuit course. Not much except a big jump over a bridge and a path over to the left after that to go over another bridge, then more twists and turns.
That's it for me! You may notice other stuff, but I'm done with my reporting. Blablabla conclusion and all that.

>So Mushroom Gorge is a seperate track to Mushroom Canyon?

No, I suppose "Canyon" is just "Gorge" in Japanese.

Re: New Mario Kart 7 Footage - Analysis

Also, that 'Hawaii-themed' track kept its Demo music.

Re: New Mario Kart 7 Footage - Analysis

Hmm. Wasn't listening to the music because I had it muted.

This game is looking more and more awesome! Love the ghosts popping out of the painting in Luigi's Mansion. It looks like this time they will change several things in the retro courses...

DawnKnight said:
Also, some new courses from the character area:
Underground Super Mario Bros. Course
mk7cap45.png

Bowser Castle:
mk7cap48.png
It's about time to Nintendo make an underworld course! Wasn't Bowser's Castle supposed to be that futuristic course? :koopa:

I am looking forward to this game the most (along with Skyward Sword) out of any not out yet.

You mean "Shy Guy Carnival"?
It's in the Mushroom Cup.

I don't know, but my source is Nintendo's micro site, sadly.
This, because the Press sites (USA and EUR) are very spoiler free.

Still no sign of Waluigi right now. It'll be strange to have the Waluigi Pinball track, but not its owner.

MnSG said:
Still no sign of Waluigi right now. It'll be strange to have the Waluigi Pinball track, but not its owner.

It'll be strange to have Baby Park, but not their owners

Oh wait

Back