Mario Kart 7

well, i think Mario Kart 7 will be great, principally because of the customization of Karts, which will give the game a more realistic feeling, and...SUPER LEAF!!! :yoshi:

It's already unrealistic for a Kart to be able to drive underwater, without letting the player drown.

I like that artwork of Mario. It is refreshing to see the character arts accompanied by a vivid background (no matter how small it is).

Though I can't help but think of how the racers used to react to the water back in the days from SMK - MK Wii:

LakitusavingMario.JPG

Propeller Toad said:
I like that artwork of Mario. It is refreshing to see the character arts accompanied by a vivid background (no matter how small it is).

Though I can't help but think of how the racers used to react to the water back in the days from SMK - MK Wii:

LakitusavingMario.JPG
Shortcuts?
I was annoyed at how little shortcuts there were in MKW.

I would like CPU's to take shortcuts but have a better chance of seeing them going the normal way.

>>Nabber Simpson
So it's normal to drive and breathe underwater?

>>Propeller Toad
Some waters still have it in MK7 (like in DK's stage), but as long as you can get on track, you can drive underwater.

Nabber Simpson said:
Propeller Toad said:

LakitusavingMario.JPG
Shortcuts?
I was annoyed at how little shortcuts there were in MKW.
I thought there was a quite a lot of shortcuts

No... there was one in Coconut Mall and one in Maple Treeway. Any others were either very minor or in the Retro tracks.

Maybe the weight of the character may alter the stats of the karts slightly

Baby Luigi said:
Maybe the weight of the character may alter the stats of the karts slightly

The kart equipment may also add to the stat adjustments. For one example, the giant wheels could improve off-road capabilities.

I was thinking that too, but it could be that a heavyweight character using an ORV body would have more weight than a lightweight using an ORV body

Baby Luigi said:
I was thinking that too, but it could be that a heavyweight character using an ORV body would have more weight than a lightweight using an ORV body

That could happen too. Mario Kart DS pretty much confirmed it.

I'm thinking that might be possible, because I can't imagine Toad in the same kart as Bowser having equal velocity and equal weight

Baby Luigi said:
I'm thinking that might be possible, because I can't imagine Toad in the same kart as Bowser having equal velocity and equal weight

In a sense of irony though, seeing Metal Mario's karts be heavier than Waluigi's karts would make sense; Metal Mario works as heavyweight material, but Waluigi is more of a middleweight.

I sure hope character stats don't return. They should have character specific karts. But judging by how characters use similar body parts, I don't think that's happening

Baby Luigi said:
I sure hope character stats don't return. They should have character specific karts. But judging by how characters use similar body parts, I don't think that's happening

Kart stats make it easier for players to determine which karts work best for them. Stats should never really be determined by the character you pick; weight/size is the only exception though.

The only reason I dislike stats is because...look at Mario Kart Wii's online and you'll see why

Back