Mario Kart 7

I didn't like its two-lap track.

In Wario Stadium, I think one time I fell in the track, but I caught up. :P

They better bring back Royal Raceway. I loved going off track to visit the castle when I was little.

The Castle was awesome too. I am glad they have a hacked version of it into Mario Kart Wii

Mario said:
They better bring back Royal Raceway. I loved going off track to visit the castle when I was little.

It wouldn't surprise me if a barrier gets added so that you can't do that.

^Actually, I would be surprised. I would understand your point though. People that have never played the track would not benefit from this.

Mario Kart 64 had some great tracks. It's just the physics, the computers, and the item system that messed it.

Ornithologist Mario said:
^Actually, I would be surprised.

Mario Kart 64 had some great tracks. It's just the physics, the computers, and the item system that messed it.

Yeah I really hate it when the CPU racers can catch up to you real easily, and yet you can't do the same thing. At least most other Mario Kart titles are less extreme with the rubberbanding, but the item usage can be murder at times.

Yeah, MK64 had the best tracks... but terrible mechanics.

Its still my favorite, but that's only because I have my nostalgia goggles on.

There are a few things I liked about the item system. First, you can never lose your item unless you use it or it gets stolen. Second, it's crazy. You can get triple red shells, lightning bolts, Boos, or Stars in SECOND place. Third, the Spiny Shell was great, and I heard that the grounded one is returning to Mario Kart 7!

Nice. The grounded one was much scarier, IMO. That crazy beeping noise... then out of nowhere... CRASH!! You're basically dead.

And MK64 also had the BEST soundtrack. Can't forget that. Maybe they can bring back classic tracks, and you can choose what track you hear on certain courses, like in SSBB. For instance, in the Obligatory new Rainbow Road, you can choose to hear the MK64 Rainbow Road instead of the new one. (Favorite track btw, so much nostalgia)

Mario Kart 64 had a good soundtrack. Most of the other Mario Kart music you hear is just forgettable.

The CPU in Mario Kart 64 was dreadful.

I am so glad they fixed that major rubberbanding problem in later Mario Karts.

Let's be glad that CPUs in Mario Kart 64 don't toss any shells at you

Toad's Turnpike in Extra Mode will make you rethink everything about Mario Kart 64.

I think the CPU behind your butt everyone second of the course is worse than item bombardments

Sometimes, they just speed ahead of you and you lose sight of them.

And yes, they do have more speed than you until they are right behind you

The only game that I know that does that is Crash Nitro Kart in hard mode and that was pretty tough. With the items it must be worse

Try playing Extra Mode in Toad's Turnpike. Just try it.

Well, that's too bad. You know what it is like in Toad's Turpike Extra Mode? Many giant cars driving at you, and once they hit you, it takes a while to go back to top speed.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Try playing Extra Mode in Toad's Turnpike. Just try it.

Toad's Turnpike + Extra + Unfair rubberbanding CPUs = A disaster.

It's tough enough trying to avoid oncoming traffic, but having to do that while risking the loss of 1st place is much worse.

Back