Mario Kart 7

Yoshidude99 said:
Have you beaten it?

I have a few times. I even did it without hitting any vehicles, and without using any items.

The speed loss you get from hitting cars means that if you get once practically once, no 1st place for you. The physics make it very hard to avoid the cars too. The CPUs get hit by them, too, but the bad physics give them the advantage.

And yes, I have beaten it.

My sister and I have beaten it together

Too bad you can't unlock characters with human partners.

I didn't know what Nintendo was drinking when they decided that Grand Prix was available only to one player.

Yoshidude99 said:
Me and my sister are trying to beat MKWii together

At least you only have to deal with item abuse in that game. Rubberbanding is way less extreme as well.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Too bad you can't unlock characters with human partners.

I didn't know what Nintendo was drinking when they decided that Grand Prix was available only to one player.

Probably so that in order to unlock things, you have to play solo.

I liked it better how co-op can unlock stuff in Mario Kart Double Dash

It wasn't like that in Mario Kart Double Dash or Mario Kart 64. Why does one person have to get left out? It's so boring when it comes to unlocking characters in Mario Kart Wii. :mad:

It wasn't like that in Mario Kart Double Dash or Mario Kart 64. Why does one person have to get left out? It's so boring when it comes to unlocking characters in Mario Kart Wii. :mad:

Well it was either that, or unlock things the hard way.

Unlocking things via T.T. was especially stupid

Yeah. That method is so... bleh and random.

Yoshidude99 said:
Yeah it will be worth it getting Baby Luigi though.

Well, yes, of course. That's the only reason I did it first.

I'm worried if they pull off something like this again.

I'm worried if they pull off something like this again.

I'm more concerned about the CPUs. Mario Kart 64 was a nightmare with the rubberbanding, while Mario Kart Wii was about item abuse.

The item abuse may be tuned, since there are less racers, which means less items strewn.

The item abuse may be tuned, since there are less racers, which means less items strewn.

I do like the 12 racers thing. It's just that certain items were abnormally common, such as the Spiny Shell.

I think the Spiny Shell was WAY more common in Mario Kart DS

The Spiny Shell... ugh...

I also disliked the abundance of Red Shells after a POW block.

Only if they limited the ways you can lose your item, maybe item abuse won't be so prevalent.

In Mario Kart 64, it is nearly impossible to have items taken away from you. The only way that happens is that if someone steals it or you use it yourself

In Mario Kart Wii, there are probably 10 ways to lose your items.

Let me count them

1.Get hit by a POW Block
2.Get hit by someone who has a star
3.Get smashed by someone who has a Mega Mushroom
4.Get smashed by a Thwomp
5.Fall off
6.Get hit by a Chain Chomp
7.Get hit by a Bullet Bill
8.Use them
9.Get hit by Lightning
10.Get hit by an explosion
11.Get smashed by a car