Mario Kart 7

Re: Gliders, Underwater propeller things, Mario Kart 3DS looks AWESOME

Oh yeah, this thread was created before the E3 convention of 2011

^Yeah, so true. I wish it were more like SMK and MKDD!! where many characters were on the box-art (no matter how messy and crowded it looked). MK 64 had an interesting cover art as well.

Hey, but we're upgrading right?! (Mario Kart SC and Mario Kart DS had only Mario on the cover, MK Wii had Mario and Luigi, and now MK 7 has Mario, Luigi, and Bowser + a bonus blurred background [kind-of]).

Fawfulfury65 said:
The box art for this game is hideous imo.

I so agree

Other than the added background, all it is is a white sky with copy pasta characters. I am not impressed by it. Mario Kart Double Dash boxart forever!

Agreed about the box art. The cover art for DD!! actually made you feel the intensity of the game (if that makes sense) . :P It all died down once they decided that Mario was good enough for the covers instead.

I'm a bit confused about Kalamari Desert too. I think I might have seen it somewhere, but I'm not too sure about that.

KalamariDesertKart7.png

Propeller Toad said:
Agreed about the box art. The cover art for DD!! actually made you feel the intensity of the game (if that makes sense) . :P It all died down once they decided that Mario was good enough for the covers instead.

I'm a bit confused about Kalamari Desert too. I think I might have seen it somewhere, but I'm not too sure about that.

KalamariDesertKart7.png
The boost effects look rubbish in the screenshots

I was kind of hoping that Nintendo would hold off with Kalimari Desert until Mario Kart Wii U gets developed. Also, if N64 Wario Stadium comes back, major adjustments should be made, involving that long jump; if you fall off, Lakitu should bring you back to the start of the jump point.

MnSG said:
I was kind of hoping that Nintendo would hold off with Kalimari Desert until Mario Kart Wii U gets developed. Also, if N64 Wario Stadium comes back, major adjustments should be made, involving that long jump; if you fall off, Lakitu should bring you back to the start of the jump point.
I want Wario Colosseum to be there more.

'3K said:
I hope N64 Wario Stadium comes back. That track was awesome.
They are way better tracks than that in MK64, Koopa Troopa Beach, Toad's Turnpike, Yoshi desert and Royal Racway should all get in first. Wario Stadium looks basic and boring to me.

Young Link said:
'3K said:
I hope N64 Wario Stadium comes back. That track was awesome.
They are way better tracks than that in MK64, Koopa Troopa Beach, Toad's Turnpike, Yoshi desert and Royal Racway should all get in first. Wario Stadium looks basic and boring to me.

The best part about that track in Mario Kart 64 is when you use a lightning bolt when somebody is flying across the gap and he or she doesn't make it. That means he or she has to redo the whole thing. There are also neat shortcuts everywhere.

If they return Wario Stadium, I hope they don't make it so you respawn if you don't make the big jump. That would kill the fun.

Ornithologist Mario said:
The best part about that track in Mario Kart 64 is when you use a lightning bolt when somebody is flying across the gap and he or she doesn't make it. That means he or she has to redo the whole thing. There are also neat shortcuts everywhere.

If they return Wario Stadium, I hope they don't make it so you respawn if you don't make the big jump. That would kill the fun.

But that also makes it a very unforgiving track. That's why if that track returns, it has to be edited so that if you fail to make the jump, Lakitu will bring you back to the start of the jump.

Back