Mario Kart 7

Crackin355 said:
Haha, How ironic.

But it really was slippery to control. I felt like I lost control for some parts.

Yeah it's primarily in Time Trials where speed is the most important. Everywhere else, acceleration and handling tend to play a bigger factor, but there are those occasions where players will like to go all out with the speed.

Of course, you'll likely get a lot more from the Red Monster tires than the Slick tires, since the latter has bad handling AND bad off-road.

With bad handling, I tend to skid into walls more often while drifting.

Ornithologist Mario said:
You should get the better handling then.

Obviously. I changed before the second lap was over and started Leaf Cup again.

I use Mushroom or Slim now. Those seem to be good.

The Slim tires are basically the less extreme version of the Roller tires, so while your acceleration and handling will have a weaker boost, your speed and weight won't be hindered as much. Off-road remains the same though.

I found the Off-Road stat useful just in case my drift goes off-road. If that happens, and if my off-road stat is high enough, I can continue my drift.

I found the Off-Road stat useful just in case my drift goes off-road. If that happens, and if my off-road stat is high enough, I can continue my drift.

The Wood tires would probably be a big pick then, since if you're using a Feather character, you can have high handling and keep the off-road stat at a manageable level with kart bodies like the Cloud 9. Speed and weight take a topple, however.

Funny how the wood tires are supposed to be part of one of the karts which has the lowest acceleration in the game it appears in (DK Jumbo).

MnSG said:

The Wood tires would probably be a big pick then, since if you're using a Feather character, you can have high handling and keep the off-road stat at a manageable level with kart bodies like the Cloud 9. Speed and weight take a topple, however.

Nah, I prefer Red Monster Tires.

MnSG said:

Nah, I prefer Red Monster Tires.

Well the Red Monster actually does offer an off-road boost, unlike the Wood tires, which offer none.

Wood tires make a kart look... cheap.

Ironically, the DK Jumbo's tires are made of wood. But like Baby Luigi said, it's ironic for those tires to excel in acceleration and handling when they were used on the kart that has the worst acceleration in Double Dash!!.

MnSG said:
Wood tires make a kart look... cheap.

Ironically, the DK Jumbo's tires are made of wood. But like Baby Luigi said, it's ironic for those tires to excel in acceleration and handling when they were used on the kart that has the worst acceleration in Double Dash!!.
I KNOW RIGHT?

I was never a fan of exploiting glitches to win.

Good thing I don't play online. :-X

There should be a record for the normal path.

Mijzelffan said:
KoopaTroop said:
Sorta off topic, but I think I have smashed a Mario Kart 7 world record. I did Maka Wuhu in 01:19.021.
Note: I used the Maka Wuhu shortcut glitch(see Mario Kart 7/Glitches).

I have 1:18:557.

edit: Never mind, after giving it another try, I now have 1:15:916
me-gusta.png

Using a glitch to get a better time isn't something to be proud of.

once i get this game,
i'm only doing that glitch in GrandPrix mode

it is cheap, and unfair to use online

It is a glitch and now it's there for using. No matter how much you complain, glitches will always be used in time trials. Mario Kart Wii had tons, I exploited them in time trials, the easier ones I would use online, but sadly, they all werent too easy to use online.

Oh and, wuhu mountain loop now has a shortcut glitch so have some fun whining about that.

It's too bad that the "Keep the glitches to yourself" rule is always being broken. Some people are just anxious to expose anything that's considered unusual.

I just think to myself "if they don't like it, they can play normally, what's a few less points?". Oh, and if it wasn't obvious, I don't use he shortcut so I can get more points at the end, I use it because it's here. Hell, I don't even race for points in MK7, I just playin for fun.

Back