Mario Kart 7

I guess in the end, you'll eventually get the Gold Standard. But getting 20000 coins can be a hassle if you can only hold 10 per race.

apocalypseArisen said:
KoopaTroop said:
Shortcut, not glitch.

KoopaTroop said:
Sorta off topic, but I think I have smashed a Mario Kart 7 world record. I did Maka Wuhu in 01:19.021.
Note: I used the Maka Wuhu shortcut glitch(see Mario Kart 7/Glitches).

Even you called it a glitch.
I just looked really stupid there.

MnSG said:
I guess in the end, you'll eventually get the Gold Standard. But getting 20000 coins can be a hassle if you can only hold 10 per race.

I hate it how you can only hold 10 per race. What gives? We can stop the boost at 10, but we should be able to continue collecting them with no added effect, like the earlier Mario Karts. I mean, in Mario Kart Super Circuit, you can hold as many as you like (but coins don't respawn)

Ornithologist Mario said:
Using a glitch to get a better time isn't something to be proud of.

Yes it is. Just look at my unbeatable time. I am the king of Wuhu Mountain Loop.

MnSG said:
It's too bad that the "Keep the glitches to yourself" rule is always being broken. Some people are just anxious to expose anything that's considered unusual.

What rule? I never heard that was a rule.

MnSG said:

Just get 10000 points online. If you spam Wuhu Mountain Loop and keep using the glitch, you will get there quite fast.

I always choose random online. And I always choose a random character as well as character parts. So yeah. I don't really choose anything.

Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:

I hate it how you can only hold 10 per race. What gives? We can stop the boost at 10, but we should be able to continue collecting them with no added effect, like the earlier Mario Karts. I mean, in Mario Kart Super Circuit, you can hold as many as you like (but coins don't respawn)

I guess the fact that coins respawn in Mario Kart 7 is the reason for why you can't hold more than 10 coins.

Mijzelffan said:
MnSG said:
It's too bad that the "Keep the glitches to yourself" rule is always being broken. Some people are just anxious to expose anything that's considered unusual.

What rule? I never heard that was a rule.

While it's not an official rule, keeping glitches to yourself can make things more fun for those who refuse to glitch.

Mijzelffan said:
MnSG said:

Just get 10000 points online. If you spam Wuhu Mountain Loop and keep using the glitch, you will get there quite fast.

You'd have to get a lot of wins to pull that off though. And of course, not everyone has Wi-Fi access.

Crackin355 said:
It is a glitch and now it's there for using. No matter how much you complain, glitches will always be used in time trials. Mario Kart Wii had tons, I exploited them in time trials, the easier ones I would use online, but sadly, they all werent too easy to use online.

Oh and, wuhu mountain loop now has a shortcut glitch so have some fun whining about that.
where did you hear me complain or whine? :???:

i am someone who actually wants to be fair and give others a chance of winning

and yeah, i said i'd use it,
but not online, which includes TimeTrials :-\

i don't care HOW many people are above me on the list in records in Wuhu Mountain Loop,
but, at least i can say i played fair

A Little Chinese Lesson said:
Mijzelffan said:
Yes it is. Just look at my unbeatable time. I am the king of Wuhu Mountain Loop.

What's your time?

Go one page back. (and yes I know it's probably beatable)

MnSG said:
While it's not an official rule, keeping glitches to yourself can make things more fun for those who refuse to glitch.

I thought Time Trial = keeping it to myself.

MnSG said:
You'd have to get a lot of wins to pull that off though. And of course, not everyone has Wi-Fi access.

True. But if you have wi-fi, I figure it's still faster than getting 20.000 points.

YoshiKartWii said:
at least i can say i played fair

Whatever helps you sleep at night ;3

I have ran into many people online and when I use a Star they don't get hurt.

A Little Chinese Lesson said:
New Christmas Yoshi said:
I have ran into many people online and when I use a Star they don't get hurt.

It's called lag.
I have seen Minor Lag online but runs fine at most.

I haven't seen much lag at all online yet. But there's bound to be some in most games, even on the consoles with the best online modes.

Mijzelffan said:

That's like cheating on a test. You shouldn't be proud of cheating on a test as much as getting that "world record" because of the bad programming.

Baby Luigi said:
Mijzelffan said:

That's like cheating on a test. You shouldn't be proud of cheating on a test as much as getting that "world record" because of the bad programming.

Agreed. Cheating on a test equals an instant failure. It's too bad that that isn't the case with video games.

that metaphor would work, If Videogames were work. the're for fun and you can do whatever is fun for you.
So yeah, Videogames aren't for work. Unless their working games, but Mario Kart 7 is a game for fun I'm pretty sure.

Lag happens a bit to me, but overall, it kind of works in my favour. I shot a Green Shell and missed but it acted like it hit him, which means on his screen the Green Shells hit him. So yeah, when i miss, I actually hit.

Lag influences banana drops the most. If someone in front of you drops a banana, a lot of times by the time you see it it will be too late to dodge it.

Though it's also funny to throw a green shell at someone, see it pass right through him, and then only two seconds later see the green shell get destroyed and the player get hit.

Baby Luigi said:
Mijzelffan said:

That's a bad metaphor. Cheating on a test is not allowed. "Cheating" by exploiting a glitch is allowed.

Back