Mario Kart 7

Crackin355 said:
Yeah, but she wasn't really a major character in that game. Plus, Baby Mario & Baby Luigi have been in longer, since the first Yoshi's Island, while Baby Peach was intorduced later. I would draw the line at Baby Peach though, any more than that is kind of pushing it

From what I understand, the most common babies that you could use in Yoshi's Island DS were Baby Mario, Baby Peach, and Baby DK. Baby Wario and Baby Bowser can only be used in specific levels.

Pinkie Pie said:
It's all about Baby Mario Baby Luigi Baby Mario Baby Luigi Baby Mario Baby Luigi Baby Mario Baby Luigi Baby Mario Baby Luigi, but NO BABY BOWSER?! I mean, come on!

images
images

Here is the problem for Baby Bowser. Technically, we already do have Baby Bowser as a result of his current redesign...just as a new individual...

Of course, not in Mario Kart 7, but you get the idea.

Propeller Toad said:
Pinkie Pie said:
It's all about Baby Mario Baby Luigi Baby Mario Baby Luigi Baby Mario Baby Luigi Baby Mario Baby Luigi Baby Mario Baby Luigi, but NO BABY BOWSER?! I mean, come on!

images
images

Here is the problem for Baby Bowser. Technically, we already do have Baby Bowser as a result of his current redesign...just as a new individual...

Of course, not in Mario Kart 7, but you get the idea.

The problem is the voice as well. Partners in Time made Baby Bowser have Bowser Jr. voice clips, which made it more confusing as well.

I think he could of been Bowser jr anyway.

I now own a copy of Mario Kart 7 and I got it as an early Chishtmas Persert and so far it's great. I got first on Mushroom and Shell cups and I have also already unlocked the Bumble V.

New Christmas Yoshi said:
I have also already unlocked the Bumble V.

I have YET to unlock that, ha ha. I'm at about 3000 coins right now BTW

I only got the Bumble V recently.

I seem to be getting the karts that I don't remember more than karts I've seen. I want the Pipe Frame.

It can be nerve racking, knowing that all the unlockable kart parts, except for the golden ones, are random.

Crackin355 said:
I only want the Pipe Frame and one of the Gliders I don't have, since both of the gliders I don't have are good.

Oddly, the Peach Parasol, the Flower Glider, the Swooper, and the Paraglider, offer the exact same stat boosts; +0.25 Acceleration; -0.25 Weight. Apart from that, they're mostly aesthetic, just like the Super Glider, the Beast Glider, and the Gold Glider (none of which offer any stat boosts).

I want the Swooper or Para Glider's, since I have the Parasol and Flower but don't like them.

I do like the Gherkin and Blue Seven, they're pretty good car parts.

I have the Swooper and Peach gliders. I also got the Koopa Clown and Blue Seven. I have yet to unlock any wheels. My brother has the Flower Glider, Wooden Tires and a few Karts. (He has the Cheep Kart and the Tiny Tug). We both have the Swooper.

At least the Birthday Girl and Roller tires are starter parts. All that you need is an acceleration boosting glider, and you'd get a combo with the best possible acceleration and handling. The main downside is the major speed and weight loss, along with the reduction of off-road abilities. Of course, the Roller tires' off-road is better than what the Slick tires has (Roller's -1.25 vs. Slick's -2.5).

Baby Luigi said:
Seriously, though, I would gladly trade the baby princesses for Paratroopa and E Gadd if there was a next Mario Kart game with all characters from Mario Kart Wii + 7. The baby bros. should stay, though.

Making the male:female ratio leaning even more towards males. I don't want the babies added at all, but if they do add them, they can just as well add all four imo.

The Soda Jet has great top speed and accelaration combined. I use it in conjunction with the golden wheels and swooper myself.

Yoshidude99 said:
Which kart is the best?

No combo is the best, but you can attempt to set up a combo that can be very efficient if you have the right parts. For one example, you can use a Feather class character (Toad, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, Lakitu), and pair him with the B Dasher, the Red Monster, and the Paraglider, to offer a combo with good speed, average acceleration, and high off-road. The weight is slightly below average, and the handling isn't the greatest, but it could've been worse.

Speed: 4.25/6
Acceleration: 3.25/6
Weight: 2.75/6
Handling: 2/6
Off-Road: 5/6

The title of best kart depends on the mode you're in. In my experience, I'll rate the stats that are necessary from what I experienced

Racing
Top Speed
Acceleration
Handling
Off Road
Weight

Battle Mode
Acceleration
Handling
Top Speed
Off Road
Weight

Time Trials
Top Speed
Handling
Acceleration
Off Road
Weight

Dunno, I guess weight isn't such a great thing, compared to other stats.

I don't really care about Weight and Off-Road much, I focus on Acceleration, Handling and Speed.

I absolutely need good handling, since I tried with bad handling and it was absolutely terrible, Like driving on ice. But I was in a desert. A Kalamari Desert. A N64 Kalamari Desert to be exact.

Crackin355 said:
I don't really care about Weight and Off-Road much, I focus on Acceleration, Handling and Speed.

I absolutely need good handling, since I tried with bad handling and it was absolutely terrible, Like driving on ice. But I was in a desert. A Kalamari Desert. A N64 Kalamari Desert to be exact.

A Mario Kart Wii forums user gave me the quote below at one point...

Meh, having 2/6 handling isn't that bad. It's not like you'll be skidding on ice with that much handling.

I use Rosalina + Zucchini + Wooden + Parafoil which gives 3.50 handling but it's perfectly manageable.

Of course, by doing low handling, it would be wise to have a high off-road stat so that you don't heavily suffer when going off the track.

You should get the better handling then.

I used Toad + Bruiser + Monster and I find it quite manageable. It has less control than, say, Soda Jet + Roller, but I can still manage it.

Back