Mario Kart 7

Mijzelffan said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mijzelffan said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
Using a glitch to get a better time isn't something to be proud of.

Yes it is. Just look at my unbeatable time. I am the king of Wuhu Mountain Loop.

That's like cheating on a test. You shouldn't be proud of cheating on a test as much as getting that "world record" because of the bad programming.

That's a bad metaphor. Cheating on a test is not allowed. "Cheating" by exploiting a glitch is allowed.

It's not a metaphor, it's an analogy.

And if there was a tournament, I'm pretty sure they will forbid use of a glitch to win. That explains that it's just not right. Using a glitch to cheat is similar to hacking in Mario Kart Wii to win. Everyone can hack and cheat Mario Kart Wii if that's going to be your argument if "everyone" can use the glitch. Heck, some of the "World Records" in Mario Kart Wii use a glitch where the timer resets itself after it hits 99:99:99. It's just not right.

Bear in mind I'm not forcing you stop using it. I don't really care since I never play online. I'm just backing up my point of how using the glitch is definitely cheating.

"And if there was a tournament," STOP!.... Here's my answer.

*Drum Roll*

yes. "IF" there was one. Which there isn't. So it kinda cancels out. I'm also writing in a Spoiler tag. Dunno why. For the hell of it I guess.

Yoshidude99 said:
I like the glitch actually
Really huh. It should be fixed soon.

Anyway has anyone been disconnected a lot today because I have and the lag was also awful today.

Crackin355 said:
"And if there was a tournament," STOP!.... Here's my answer.

*Drum Roll*

yes. "IF" there was one. Which there isn't. So it kinda cancels out. I'm also writing in a Spoiler tag. Dunno why. For the hell of it I guess.

First, I see no point of putting it in a spoiler tag. Second, my point is that if you're playing competitively, the glitch would definitely be look down upon.

I put it in a spoiler tag because you would've read it before the rest.

Well, if it was competitive, the people playing would use it to try and get ahead. If it's competitive, you use all means necessary to get first. And don't say "what if cheating is against the rules" because I was writing how the competition would race without that rule.

Has anyone used a combo that offers an off-road stat of 5/6, 5.25/6, or 5.5/5, and raced on Kalimari Desert? I've heard that that track's off-road is bad.

MnSG said:
Has anyone used a combo that offers an off-road stat of 5/6, 5.25/6, or 5.5/5, and raced on Kalimari Desert? I've heard that that track's off-road is bad.

That entire track is some sort of slippery off-road, with my kart's bad handling I really hate that stage.

Mijzelffan said:
That entire track is some sort of slippery off-road, with my kart's bad handling I really hate that stage.

So basically, even the best possible off-road stat doesn't help. That's a shame, since there are ramps that you can use to get past the trains, and I was wondering if a high off-road combo would enable you to use them without always having to use Mushrooms.

On the other hand, you can't go off-road too much if you want the 3-star ranking.

Crackin355 said:
Well, if it was competitive, the people playing would use it to try and get ahead. If it's competitive, you use all means necessary to get first. And don't say "what if cheating is against the rules" because I was writing how the competition would race without that rule.

By your logic, why can't everyone hack and host a tournament like that? Hm?

Why does Pokemon tournaments use clauses? Same with Maka Wuhu. If there is a tournament on Mario Kart 7, I'm pretty sure that Maka Wuhu glitch will fall under the same category as the clauses in the Pokemon tournaments.

The only reasons wave-dashing in Melee and snaking in Mario Kart DS are permitted is because they are physics exploits, not glitches. This, however, is an unintentional glitch.

Mijzelffan said:
Well, my kart also has terrible off-road, so a kart with better off-road might have less trouble.

I have compared many of the possible combos, and it seems that the best wheels to use are the Monster, Red Monster, Roller, Slim, and Wood. Of course, the Red Monster is more friendly with the acceleration than the Monster, making it more reliable for GPs.

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:

By your logic, why can't everyone hack and host a tournament like that? Hm?
Why does Pokemon tournaments use clauses? Same with Maka Wuhu. If there is a tournament on Mario Kart 7, I'm pretty sure that Maka Wuhu glitch will fall under the same category as the clauses in the Pokemon tournaments.

The only reasons wave-dashing in Melee and snaking in Mario Kart DS are permitted is because they are physics exploits, not glitches. This, however, is an unintentional glitch.

First off, Pokemon is a Strategy game, not a Racing game, so it has no relevance to anything in this.

Secondly, You didnt even read my post. Check the bolded Sentence. You're talking about if it was with the rule. I clearly said I'm explaining it if it didnt have that rule. So check over it before you reply next time.

Sherbet Rink is kind of average, just an oval with ice and some random shape blocks.

Honeybee House is good, It's like DS Twilight House in how it has different rooms.

I like the part at the start on lap 2 and lap 3 where you can glide over the gap after the finish line and skip the curve. It saves a couple of seconds. Also, the pipes are in Mario Circuit as well.

First off, Pokemon is a Strategy game, not a Racing game, so it has no relevance to anything in this.

Secondly, You didnt even read my post. Check the bolded Sentence. You're talking about if it was with the rule. I clearly said I'm explaining it if it didnt have that rule. So check over it before you reply next time.

That does not matter. Mario Kart requires strategy as well and just because it's a different genre doesn't mean that they are ENTIRELY different. They still have the same objective, technically: to best your rivals.

I did read that post and most competitions forbid using programming mistakes to take lead. It's not fair if one percent of the people know how to use it while the others don't.

Baby Luigi said:

That does not matter. Mario Kart requires strategy as well and just because it's a different genre doesn't mean that they are ENTIRELY different. They still have the same objective, technically: to best your rivals.

I did read that post and most competitions forbid using programming mistakes to take lead. It's not fair if one percent of the people know how to use it while the others don't.
Yes, most competitions use that rule. But you still didn't read what I said. I was talking about how it would be without it and how people would use it. So yet again, read what I said.

Yoshidude99 said:
Do you guys know that if you use a Mushroom just before going off a ramp you get more speed?
well, yeah.

Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:

Yes, most competitions use that rule. But you still didn't read what I said. I was talking about how it would be without it and how people would use it. So yet again, read what I said.

Maybe it's my sickness, but that sentence wasn't too clear for me. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Back