Mario Kart 7

Yoshidude99 said:
I have Double Dash Wii DS and played Super Curcuit and GP

I didn't count the arcade games when I made my last post. Anyway I currently own SMK, MK64, MKSC, MKDD!!, and MKWii. MKDS and MK7 are the only Mario Karts that I don't own right now.

Mathew757 said:
Anyone else here keep getting communication errors on Wi-Fi all the time?

I didn't have any problems on Wi-Fi but I only did 3 races.

Like Grumble Volcano, Maka Wuhu (one of my favorite courses) is kinda ruined on online mode now because of a shortcut glitch. Funny, how they are both the last course of Star Cup.

I seriously'd like to thank you guys for telling me about the Wuhu Mountain Loop Shortcut. It has gotten me quite some wi-fi victories xD

MnSG said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Yeah by the way for people who have the game how do you use the Tanooki Tail?

To add to that, does it block Green Shells and Red Shells?

Yes, but if you leave tail alone, the shell will break your tail. Your tail would still block it, but it would be destroyed like a banana. Otherwise, if you spin and destroy the shell, you won't lose your tail.

You can spin by pressing the L button.

@MnSG

If you requested a video, here is one I found showing the time lapse difference between taking the shortcut and not taking the shortcut on the Maku Wuhu/Wuhu Mountain course.

About a 40 second difference between the two. This is quite unfortunate as the shortcut itself is not that hard to access, and I'm certain that people will be attempting to pick this course more commonly due to this on Wi-Fi. Might be useful for time trials; however...

I never really liked that place anyway.

It's not one of my favourites either; however, the course does have a somewhat nice appeal to it in my opinion. Unfortunately, it is things such as shortcuts (such as this one) that ruin these types of courses (Wi-Fi or not).

Ornithologist Mario said:
Yes, but if you leave tail alone, the shell will break your tail. Your tail would still block it, but it would be destroyed like a banana. Otherwise, if you spin and destroy the shell, you won't lose your tail.

But if you make the tail spin, you may leave your back exposed, so you pretty much need to find a way to properly utilize the Super Leaf for defense.

@Propeller Toad: So you basically fall off the track. A cheap trick, to say the least.

MnSG said:
Ornithologist Mario said:

But if you make the tail spin, you may leave your back exposed, so you pretty much need to find a way to properly utilize the Super Leaf for defense.

@Propeller Toad: So you basically fall off the track. A cheap trick, to say the least.

No, you can try to tail spin multiple times. The lag between tail spins is very little, and the tail spins very quickly. So far, I have deflected all red shells by spamming the tail spin when the red shell is nearby.

Fire balls can also repel shells, unlike in Mario Kart Double Dash.

My current ranking in the game is triple stars. I hate the 150cc CPUs!

I learnt a Tanooki Tail repels fireballs.

And the shortcut glitch is actually easy to use, I found out a while ago about it. I don't really choose the course though, And I only use it if someone else is about to. Then I hit them away and do it myself so that I can annoy them. I like annoying people online.

I seem to be much more calmer with online these past couple of weeks. When I was younger I would always rage and get really mad. Now when I lose I just think 'oh well'. Maybe it's because you don't really lose anything when you get a low place, only if your last really. I remember once on Luigi Raceway, I was 2nd, last straight to finish line, got hit by Red Shell, Tanooki Tail then a Bullet Bill. Came Last. It was actually kind of funny.

Someone inputted the stats for the Golden Standard, but I don't exactly trust that -0.5 boost for the off-road stat; it's way too low for a kart body part.

Also, someone called the Ghastly Glider the Beast Glider. Is the Beast Glider, Ghastly Glider's NTSC-U name?

I've been unlucky and got stuck with only 2 Gliders so far. A Flower and a Umbrella. I would like the parachute thing or something less.... (not trying to be sexist) girly. Flowers and Pink Umbrella's aren't really something I want to drive with.

But I do have 7 different wheels and 8 kart body parts so its okay. I'll just stick to the default glider.

'3K said:
MCD said:
I actually went straight into 150cc as soon as I started the game, and, even without any unlocks, still found it rather easy.
That's what I'm going to do as well. Unlocking Shy Guy is my top priority as far as hidden characters go.
I main Shy Guy.

MCD said:
'3K said:
MCD said:
I actually went straight into 150cc as soon as I started the game, and, even without any unlocks, still found it rather easy.
That's what I'm going to do as well. Unlocking Shy Guy is my top priority as far as hidden characters go.
I main Shy Guy.

Which I know :3

I beat MCD a couple of times on wi-fi yesterday (I don't know if he noticed it was me though).

Back