Mario Kart 7

Brock said:
How do you unlock Rosalina? I dont really care about the other ones (except Wario, and maybe Metal Mario.)

Win the gold cup in the Star Cup 150cc.

YoshiKartWii said:
Mijzelffan said:
Well, while Bowser is still good in my game, for some reason my game has slowly transitioned to having Metal Mario as the lead cpu every match now.

Anyway:

2011-12-05-383-Nepotism.jpg
Of all the things i've seen from brawl in the family
that has to be the funniest i've seen LOL

you tell em' Daisy!

anywho...

Metal Mario now? :-\

have you played either Bowser or Metal Mario?

cause maybe from you playing them (if you have)
the game programs itself to have who you have played to be the leader

again, just a random thought

That comic really is funny, considering that Wiggler and Lakitu are generics.

Anyway, it would be an interesting theory if the character that you've used the most gets the leading treatment a lot as a CPU.

YoshiKartWii said:
Mijzelffan said:
Well, while Bowser is still good in my game, for some reason my game has slowly transitioned to having Metal Mario as the lead cpu every match now.

Anyway:

you tell em' Daisy!

anywho...

No, I have never played yet with anyone besides Mario on MK7.

MnSG said:
YoshiKartWii said:
Mijzelffan said:

Anyway:

you tell em' Daisy!

anywho...

That comic really is funny, considering that Wiggler and Lakitu are generics.

Anyway, it would be an interesting theory if the character that you've used the most gets the leading treatment a lot as a CPU.

Only my situation gives you zero basis for that theory.

I wish they had something where you can look at all your records like the license at MKWii but oh well.
Question: When collecting coins for unlocking parts do they count all coins you collect or the number of coins you had when you finish a race because I'm unlocking karts or collecting coins faster than I thought.

You do seem to unlock Karts fast so I think they all go to the total even after 10. Also the Karts, Wheels and Gliders are unlocked in a random order.

Had a play around with it and it seems that I get bad weights and good acelaration.

New Christmas Yoshi said:
Had a play around with it and it seems that I get bad weights and good acelaration.
How do you define a bad weight exactly?

I'm looking forward to being pushed around a lot on online juging by all the Combinations I like.

Lord Ghirahim said:

I think he meant low weight.

Baby Luigi said:
Lord Ghirahim said:

I think he meant low weight.
Ah. Well, my racing style is suited to heavy vehicles that can completely dominate whatever racing line I choose to develop. My strategy all but guarantees that I won't get blown off course by any other racers. So weight is purely good or bad based off racing style, unlike speed and acceleration.

It seems that you can get one of the most balanced combos possible if you use the Bolt Buggy and Slim tires in your combo. Of course, you'd have to be using Mario, Luigi, or the Mii to get that kind of results.

On a side note, another user composed a program that displays combo stats, but unlike my PHP script, this tool has to be installed onto your computer before it can be used.

http://www.mariokartwii.com/f66/mk7-stats-app-version-1-0-a-85784.html

About the CPU, how come Metal Mario is always my first CPU opponent when I battle? I mean, I deselect and select racers until Wario pops up, but Metal Mario is always there in the same spot.

Also, Metal Mario is my second most used character.

Mario Fan 123 said:
I made a "Mario Wiki" community. Mario is the icon, all items are available and it's a 100cc Grand Prix. The message is "Go Mario fans!".

Any other suggestions or changes? I'm just waiting to publish it.

I think this is a good idea, and you don't need to change a thing.

I don't have this yet (still savoring SM3DL), but the mere fact that skill is once again more important than the random elements in MKW is reason enough to see this as an improvement.

I am kind of disappointed that my MKW main (Dry Bones) is gone, though.

Got it today. amazing Game. Having trouble with characters though. I want to be Metal Mario. also yoshi, also wiggler, shy guy, lakitu, honey queen and pretty much every character. Don't know how to go about choosing though.

Crackin355 said:
Got it today. amazing Game. Having trouble with characters though. I want to be Metal Mario. also yoshi, also wiggler, shy guy, lakitu, honey queen and pretty much every character. Don't know how to go about choosing though.

Well you'll have to win races on the 150cc to unlock everyone. However, you also have to do the 50cc and 100cc if you want the chance to unlock a special kart part.

I will start on 50cc first then 100cc then 150cc.

Also what order do you do the cups in MKDS, MKW and MK7, I do:
Mushroom Cup
Shell Cup
Flower Cup
Banana Cup
Star Cup
Leaf Cup
Lightning Cup
Spacial Cup

I will start on 50cc first then 100cc then 150cc.

Also what order do you do the cups in MKDS, MKW and MK7, I do:
Mushroom Cup
Shell Cup
Flower Cup
Banana Cup
Star Cup
Leaf Cup
Lightning Cup
Spacial Cup

That is the same order I go through, except on 150 cc where I skipped to some cups to unlock the characters I want.

I completed most of the cups in 150cc MK7 today, and I went Mushroom --> Shell --> Flower --> Banana --> Star etc. I guess I like to have a varied amount of New and Retro courses.

Vinnie said:
I'm the only one without the game :(

I don't have it myself, primarily because I don't have a 3DS right now. That'll likely change before the first day of spring though.

Anyway, I likely won't jump the gun with unlocking any characters until I've taken care of the 50cc and 100cc. At least during that time, I can use the 50cc and 100cc as a way to unlock kart parts.

I actually went straight into 150cc as soon as I started the game, and, even without any unlocks, still found it rather easy.

Back