Mario Kart 7

Baby Luigi said:
Holy crud, a 5/10 review on Destructoid
One of the comments on that review sums up my feelings perfectly.

comment said:
I'm going to get this. I'm going to play it and I'm going to get pissed. I'm going to get frustrated because someone hit me with a blue shell. I'm going to pull my hair out when I just completed a really tough track only to find the next one to be just as difficult. And when the computer throws everything but the kitchen sink at me seconds before I cross the finish line, taking me from first to last, I'm going to curse like a sailor before turning off my 3DS and play something that doesn't raise my blood pressure as much.

And then a few minutes later I'm going to pop it back in and go through it all over again. Because I'm an idiot, and I'm a sucker for Mario Kart.

'3K said:
Baby Luigi said:

comment said:
I'm going to get this. I'm going to play it and I'm going to get pissed. I'm going to get frustrated because someone hit me with a blue shell. I'm going to pull my hair out when I just completed a really tough track only to find the next one to be just as difficult. And when the computer throws everything but the kitchen sink at me seconds before I cross the finish line, taking me from first to last, I'm going to curse like a sailor before turning off my 3DS and play something that doesn't raise my blood pressure as much.

And then a few minutes later I'm going to pop it back in and go through it all over again. Because I'm an idiot, and I'm a sucker for Mario Kart.

LOL, me too. Mario Kart Wii had its hair-ripping moments but I'm always coming back to it.

'3K said:
Baby Luigi said:

comment said:

Yeah... That's how it always seems to work with Mario Kart...

Just a few more days. The wait is unbearable!
I think I'm going to be using Wiggler and Yoshi and I'm going to look for a kart combination with good speed and acceleration and a decent handling to use when I get the game.

Skull Kid said:
They said Neo Bowser City was bad. That course looks awesome you know.

Besides it's beautiful scenery there is nothing really special about the course, its mostly filled with twists and turns and the only obstacles are puddles.

I'll probably try out different combinations but will still choose a kart based on aesthetics later.

On my end, I'll most likely focus on combinations that feature high acceleration and high handling. High off-road would come in handy as well, but that would pretty much be an optional feature.

What a disappointing review. Well at least IGN given this a 9 which means it is better than Mario Kart Wii.

Baby Luigi said:

http://www.destructoid.com/review-mario-kart-7-216484.phtml

Meh, I thought the customizable parts are the new addition. I wonder why everyone thinks that this game offers nothing new.
Reviewer must be on drugs.

Yoshidude99 said:
I will have to get it on emulator though because I'm not allowed a 3DS

Strict parents perhaps? Anyway, it's not until 12/4 that North America will get the game.

There is going to be more than 17 characters. In the Nintendo magazine it said that Nintendo does not want to reveal all of the characters and are keeping some secret which means there are probably a lot more retro characters, so there still could be a chance for all of you guys.

On IGN they show the final roster and there is no Waluigi or other Retro Characters.

Anyway, at least Rosalina came back. She's better than all those who were left out.

Does anyone happen to know the map selection for download play? Can you choose from every map? Or is it limited like Mario Kart DS was?

^Wow! Could that mean making our own cup with our own chosen tracks? If that is so, then perhaps this may be the replacement for the single player vs. mode! :D

Back