Mario Kart 7

I hope some underrepresented characters from that game make an appearance here.

Let's see...

Here's what my next final roster thought is...

Blue = Lightweight
Green = Middleweight
Red = Heavyweight

---------------------------
Starter

Mario
Luigi

Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Bowser

Toad
Koopa Troopa

Unlockable

Daisy
Wario
Rosalina
Lakitu
Metal Mario
Shy Guy
Waluigi
R.O.B.
Other

Mii

I couldn't resist not adding R.O.B., since it did appear in Mario Kart DS.

ROB.jpg

It's funny how on the Japanese website, they don't even list Waluigi there yet. What's the holdup?

Propeller Toad said:
Did anyone notice the references to Super Mario Bros. 2 on the new Shy Guy Carnival stage? The music itself has an Arabian type theme (like SMB2), and there were also the reappearances of the vases from this game. Perhaps there might be more to come. :D
I hope Cobrats come out of those vases in the Arabian track. They were my favorite enemies from that game.

And... what about that Shy Guy Carnival track?

Seeing Cobrats appearing out of the vases would be awesome! I'm really hoping to see more SMB2 references in this game.

Also the Arabian themed course is named as the Shy Guy Carnival track if you were wondering.

Propeller Toad said:
Seeing Cobrats appearing out of the vases would be awesome! I'm really hoping to see more SMB2 references in this game.

Also the Arabian themed course is named as the Shy Guy Carnival track if you were wondering.
Mabye one of the tracks will be in Subcon

With the Super Mario Bros. 2 references out there, it would be a shocker if Wart appears as a racing participant.

SuperMario25 said:
If wart appeared, loads of people would be happy

imagine wart in 3D
It would be neat! I really hope the others two new characters would be more creative than that being shown (Metal Mario, c'mon...). E. Gadd would be nice!

Wargreymon said:
SuperMario25 said:
If wart appeared, loads of people would be happy

imagine wart in 3D
It would be neat! I really hope the others two new characters would be more creative than that being shown (Metal Mario, c'mon...). E. Gadd would be nice!
Yeah and I feel somewhat surprised that Waluigi is not in it.

It would be pretty cool to see Nintendo designing a kart based off the Dream Machine if Wart was made playable:

Nightmare_Machine.PNG

Imagine the flying vegetables. :P

and he would look kinda wrong in a kart
How so? I mean if Bowser looks fitting in a Kart, why not Wart? Just curious...

Shy Guy is no playable character (Download Play only):
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/amkj/play/index.html

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Shy Guy is no playable character (Download Play only):
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/amkj/play/index.html

I can't read Japanese. Care to translate for us?

Not much, because of the Kanji without displaying their Kana meanings.
But I've at least covered their modes in this thread.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Not much, because of the Kanji without displaying their Kana meanings.
But I've at least covered their modes in this thread.

At least hearing that Shy Guy is a download play exclusive paves the way for another potential newcomer, or a veteran.

Propeller Toad said:
It would be pretty cool to see Nintendo designing a kart based off the Dream Machine if Wart was made playable:

Nightmare_Machine.PNG

Imagine the flying vegetables. :P

and he would look kinda wrong in a kart
How so? I mean if Bowser looks fitting in a Kart, why not Wart? Just curious...
Well in 3d and in a kart he would

Shy Guy is a download exclusive playable character again? That is disappointing, and I thought Nintendo would have fixed that mistake from MKDS. Is it confirmed to be real as Shy Guy is still on the character selection screen on the website?

Propeller Toad said:
Shy Guy is a download exclusive playable character again? That is disappointing, and I thought Nintendo would have fixed that mistake from MKDS. Is it confirmed to be real as Shy Guy is still on the character selection screen on the website?
I know and I don't like it when they make single card limited.

It's a better bet to let 2257 read that (not Garlic, I don't really trust him, for some reason).
As far as I understand the article, Shy Guy is the character for Download Play.

At the other hand, that screenshot beside that text displays otherwise.

@HamiYoshi
You translated it like this: In this kind of mode, all non-MK7 owner's player character is Heyho.

That in no way excludes Shy Guy from being an ordinary playable character as well. Plus there is this:

syhguy.png

That is Shy Guy racing against two non-shy guys. An impossibility in Mario Kart DS, and an impossibilty if Shy Guy would be download play-only again.

Back