Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS and Wii U

Masterpieces and the chronicles are even worse.

You could say the same thing with trophies. :P

No, trophies are probably one of the many reasons players continue playing it. Trophies should be the only collectible.

Stupid question, but why are trophies any different than stickers?

Mostly because they are 3D, able to look at it in any angle, and they have nice trivia and info on it on series we don't know about or just that specific trophy which contributes to the series.

The models on the trophies in Brawl are just like the ones in the game, though, and the angel is much more restricted there, too.

I liked trophies in Melee better. I wonder if they are going to return trophies, but first, I want the major game content in first, then more minor stuff like collectibles.

Ornithologist Mario said:
The bigger the roster, the more we have to suffer through all-star.

I see no more than 55 characters; two of them are transformations (Sheik, ZSS); the other three are owned by Pokemon Trainer.

1-8: 1 vs. 1
9-16: 1 vs. 2
17-24: 1 vs. 3
25: 1 vs. 2 (x25 each)

The recovery item supply would probably be increased to 5 Heart Containers though.

Stupid question, but why are trophies any different than stickers?

Trophies are just for show. Stickers are involved with Adventure Mode.

The trophies (Or rather their descriptions) are also sort of like a book on Nintendo characters and history. Be honest, how many Nintendo characters would you have known or have eventually known outside of the Playable roster of the games if they had never placed trophies in Melee or Brawl?

Gives great insight on some more obscure franchises/games and for some have even attracted fans to those games.

Yeah, I guess stickers are just cheap gameart with a white background. You can find bigger ones online anyway.

Just because it's a horrible idea: DLC. I know, but the Wii U is EXTREMELY powerful. (It uses Watson's processor, the computer from the Jeopardy match.) So, character customization anyone?

GutsehMan said:
Just because it's a horrible idea: DLC. I know, but the Wii U is EXTREMELY powerful. (It uses Watson's processor, the computer from the Jeopardy match.) So, character customization anyone?

It wouldn't totally be a bad idea. I don't think they'd have playable characters up for downloading of course as that might be a bad idea for those who cannot go online to get them (Imagine knowing you have a favorite character in mind that's only gettable by DLC and not having the ability to get them). But I wouldn't mind some downloadable of the other stuff that lncludes music, trophies, stickers, etc. Heck some official DLC Stages would be awesome too if they could manage it.

I would like character specific target tests, please

Baby Luigi said:
That is a great idea but it may take up valueable memory which can be use for better use, so I suggest target test stages that accessible to all the characters.

Ayame Futaba said:
Baby Luigi said:
That is a great idea but it may take up valueable memory which can be use for better use, so I suggest target test stages that accessible to all the characters.

Well, the first two Super Smash Bros. games had unique Target Tests. :P If the N64 and Gamecube can handle that, then surely, the Wii U can handle it.

Ayame Futaba said:
Baby Luigi said:

Well, the first two Super Smash Bros. games had unique Target Tests. :P If the N64 and Gamecube can handle that, then surely, the Wii U can handle it.

Don't forget the N64 had character specific Board the Platforms too

Well, we are discussing what should be in it. There's no hurt in that, is there?

After they finished Kid Icarus Uprising, they'll start working on Super Smash Bros.

Regarding the trophies, I'm hoping some of them will be about future games, kind of like how Melee had trophies for Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing.

Ichijiku Hinata said:
I hope they make the Ice Climbers better, they were ridiculously slow in Brawl.

The Ice Climbers were actually considered good characters in brawl, albeit mostly because of their infinite chaingrab.

I want a Ness as good as he was in the N64 times. OIn other words, I want him buffed. I also hope for the return of cut characters. I miss Dr. Mario, Young Link, Roy, and Mewtwo in Brawl (though Toon Link is all right)

With the exception of Mewtwo, they're all clones, I believe that's kind of why they were cut. I wouldn't mind them returning if they were semi-clones (Mario and Luigi, Fox and Falco, Ness and Lucas, etc.)

Dr. Mario could fit as a palette swap for Mario though.

Aqua Soul said:
With the exception of Mewtwo, they're all clones, I believe that's kind of why they were cut. I wouldn't mind them returning if they were semi-clones (Mario and Luigi, Fox and Falco, Ness and Lucas, etc.)

Dr. Mario could fit as a palette swap for Mario though.

I always preferred using clones over the original generally (dunno why, I guess that's preference). At least they have different voices, which is another reason I miss them (I like their star scream and their falling off scream).

Back