Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS and Wii U

I dunno, usually, I like using clone characters over original (Luigi, Roy, Young Link, Pichu, and Falco). So I don't mind them at all.

Don't apply logic to video games, your brain will explode. D:

(Other than puzzle games)

Ornithologist Mario said:
Don't apply logic to video games, your brain will explode. D:

(Other than puzzle games)

Too late, my brain exploded a long time ago, not from logic+video games, but due to having so much stress that no innocent child should have to go through. X_X

That was a dark comment.

Nobody deserves to get hit. Unless you're hitting yourself, but that's not healthy.

I would like to see Link get buffed too.

Regarding hits to the head, it was the result of swimming the backstroke and then bumping my head against the edge. Yeah, ouch. And when I was a toddler, I fell down a flight of stairs. Don't know if I actually hit my head though, and in 1st grade, I bumped my head against the area of a blackboard where the chalks and markers are held.

Anyway, regarding Link: Yes. He needs to be buffed, not in terms of attack power, but more like speed and recovery. He's too heavy in Brawl.

Ouch. At least nobody ever hit you in the head unlike my parents hitting me

Link also needs his combo attack from Melee. Let's face it; he's severely nerfed from Melee to Brawl (like a lot of veterans).

Yes.

Mario's tornado was replaced with FLUDD who doesn't inflict damage.
Fox's Blaster is still fast, but no longer flinches the enemies.
Kirby and Yoshi can't eat the enemies in the Subspace Emissiary unlike in Melee's Adventure Mode. What's even stupider is that they can't eat the evil clones in the Great Maze.
Luigi trips more often than the other characters.
Captain Falcon's FALCON PUNCH! seems slower.
Pikachu still seems the same though.

Hopefully the new SSB games will fix these.

FireSoul said:
Yes.

Mario's tornado was replaced with FLUDD who doesn't inflict damage.
Fox's Blaster is still fast, but no longer flinches the enemies.
Kirby and Yoshi can't eat the enemies in the Subspace Emissiary unlike in Melee's Adventure Mode. What's even stupider is that they can't eat the evil clones in the Great Maze.
Luigi trips more often than the other characters.
Captain Falcon's FALCON PUNCH! seems slower.
Pikachu still seems the same though.

Hopefully the new SSB games will fix these.

Mario still technically has the tornado, but you have to use d-air for it. At least his b-air was good.
Fox's Blaster only flinched enemies in the N64 version.
Kirby and Pikachu got buffed.

A little bit of news: http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1174428p1.html

I heard Sakauri wants just the right team for the job and if he can't find it he'll take 5 years developing it with a smaller team. 5 years is a long time for developing but at least it guarantees some sort of dedication to make this a worthy part of the series

Also it's going to be intriguing how the connectivity will work between the 3DS and WiiU. Though a concern of mine is if they sell the versions seperately. It all kinda depends if the 3DS version connecting gets you like Bonus characters or something. Though honestly this is all sounding complicated and perhaps as we get closer to it's eventual release we'll know exactly how it will work. It's still a little too early and anything could happen at this point because as of now SSB4 is still only an Idea at this point.

The game would have to be adjusted so that it's friendly with the Classic Controller AND the Wii U controller. My thoughts...

Key: CC / Wii U

a / A: Jump
b / B: Attack
y / Y: Special
x / X: Shield
Control Pad <> / Control Pad <>: Move (tap twice to dash)
Control Pad /\ / Control Pad /\: Tap twice to jump (can be disabled)
Control Pad \/ / Control Pad \/: Crouch
Left Control Stick <> / Left Circle Pad <>: Move (tap to dash)
Left Control Stick /\ / Left Circle Pad /\: Tap to jump (can be disabled)
Left Control Stick \/ / Left Circle Pad \/: Crouch
Right Control Stick <> / Right Circle Pad <>: Smash Attack
L / L: Shield
R / R: Grab
ZL / ZL: Taunt
ZR / ZR: Final Smash
+ / +: Pause
- / -: While the game is paused, press to quit.
Home / Home: Home Menu

Three taunts would still be utilized...

/\ taunt: ZL
<> taunt: Control Pad <> + ZL
\/ taunt: Control Pad \/ + ZL

The Wii U controller's touch screen won't be utilized.

I honestly think they'll have a special controller by the time SSB4 is here. I can't really picture playing it with a controller like that. Maybe the controller will surprise me, but I think there will be some sort of normal gaming controller before SSB4 even arrives.

SWFlash said:

If there is a roster like that, I'll cry. Because they have all of those characters EXCEPT Baby Luigi

A lot of those characters are random, obscure, and third party..... is that Miyamoto on the top left?!

It's still dumb of them to put Baby Peach before Baby Luigi

All I have wanted was this guy ---> :waluigi:

You have NO IDEA how high and low my heart rose and sank when I saw the update on the Brawl Dojo. I saw him as an update, then read a little more...

So yeah. I don't care if most of his moves incorporate sports equipment, if anything that'd make him unique.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=160530

I think this article basically confirms that 3rd parties will return. And for those wanting Mega Man or some other Capcom character (Though if Capcom's getting a character it will be more then likely Mega Man. Putting someone like Viewtiful Joe might be the equivalent of putting NiGHTS in Brawl instead of Sonic). This is VERY good news

Also hope this also means that it's more likely that Sonic will return if 3rd parties are staying around (Though considerably that would be a bad move, just putting Sonic one of the most requested characters before Brawl released and not putting him in any sequels? That'd just be a dumb thing to do. Besides with more time to develop they can do things with the Sonic Universe they couldn't do before since Sonic was the latest in development). Along with Sonic and Snake I'm gonna guess that there will be 2 more 3rd party characters. One being Megaman, one to be determined from another company. I highly doubt any 3rd party/Company will get more then one character Though personally I would like Tails to be in.

Back