Cursing

Master Crash

The Dragon of the West
Chat Operator
So how do you feel about fucking swear words? Do you overuse the fucking words or try to stay away from that kind of shit? How do you feel about little fucking children swearing their fucking mouths off?

I hardly swear at all.

But seriously, I find it annoying when younger kids drop so many F-bombs that they could destroy a tiny island.

Most of my swearing is for humor.

I try not to swear in real life. I save that for when I'm online and type it instead, and even that's rare.

I hate hearing kids swear. If they heard it from their parents or another "adult", then I suppose it can slide.

Nightwatcher said:
I try not to swear in real life. I save that for when I'm online and type it instead, and even that's rare.

I hate hearing kids swear. If they heard it from their parents or another "adult", then I suppose it can slide.
Because parents teaching their kids to swear is very different from them learning themselves >_>

Nightwatcher said:

That bothers me even more.

Well, bad kids are the result of bad parenting IMO.

Dustox said:
Because parents teaching their kids to swear is very different from them learning themselves >_>

Well, if kids see their parents doing/saying something whether its good or bad, they'll think they're also allowed to do it since most kids at an early age look up to their parents.

Nightwatcher said:

Dustox said:

Well, if kids see their parents doing/saying something whether its good or bad, they'll think they're also allowed to do it since most kids at an early age look up to their parents.

Still.... I don't really see how that's justified.

Nightwatcher said:

Dustox said:

Which is why people like that should stop breeding. Or learn how to parent correctly.

I tend to only swear when I'm really mad or excited or something. I hate people who use "fucking" as a filler every other word as if they couldn't think of anything else at all to say.

Well, think of it like this; adults expect kids and teens to follow rules. But do they set good examples by following the rules themselves? No.

Rule: No cell phone use during school.

Student: *talking on cell phone* Uh-huh. Yeah, OMG! LOL. IKR?!
Faculty: *confiscates phone*

Teacher: *talking on cell phone* Uh-huh. Yeah. *insert boring adult conversation no one cares about*
No one takes the teacher's phone away.

Rule: No using the school computers to watch YouTube videos.
Me: *types youtube.com*
Computer: Access Denied.
Me: :mad:

Teacher: *types youtube.com* XD ROFL

My point is that if adults want kids/teens to follow rules, they they themselves also need to follow them, because if not, that gives younger kids the impression that disobeying the rules is okay.

Sorry if I went off-topic, but that's just the way I see things. If parents don't want their kids swearing, they they themselves shouldn't have sweared in the first place.

I generally swear for emphasis, and I don't say much of such words...

I love the bloody British swears, though.

I hate when people swear, but I don't mind it too much here because it's always censored. I don't remember swearing since I was at least 6 years old, and that was when I used the A word without knowing it was a bad word to use.

I hear swearing every day at school. Constantly. It's very sad. It really bothers me. There are some kids who use a swear word, as well as other unnecessary words, in every sentence they say. When I hear kids younger than me swear, I know it's because they think it's cool and makes them fit in. I don't think it's cool at all. A lot of them also get it from their parents, too.

I only curse when I'm frustrated or quoting a vulgar humourist like Yahtzee Croshaw or Slowbeef. Otherwise, I try to maintain an eloquent or at least calm manner of speech.

I try to keep it out of my everyday speech because I tend to overuse it a bit, but it worms its way in.

*quote from person who said they swear for emphasis*

This

Also,

Nightwatcher said:
Well, think of it like this; adults expect kids and teens to follow rules. But do they set good examples by following the rules themselves? No.
This is a very weak argument. The same rules do not necessarily apply to students as they do to teachers; students are not allowed to access the staff room, students are not allowed to walk around class, students are not allowed to give other students detentions.

Does this mean we should restrict the staff from the staff room, force them to remain stationary and seated during class and strip them of their authority?

Like I said, different rules for different positions. There's a reason that "student" is not up there teaching, and "teacher" is.

Okay, that wasn't the best argument. I was just using my experiences from high school. Particularly my lazy geology teacher. He expected us to do our HW yet, he hardly taught us anything. And there were times when he acted like a child (he threw stuff at another science teacher just because he was pissed off).

I hate swearing, but I swear myself in my head when I'm really frustrated. I've also called my parents like those too, but they didn't hear it.

When I swear online, I tend to type *beep* just to let you know I didn't really cuss.

Kids really swear in elementary school now? When I was little, I didn't know what was a swear word, and I didn't know pointing the middle finger was a profanity.

The reason adults restrict our internet access is that they don't want their computers ruined and that some kids are dumb enough to download viruses or other crabapple like that.

^Your geology teacher is just like my father, and I throw stuff when I'm mad sometimes too.

I think the times I sweared out loud in my life is less than the fingers I have in my hand, honestly.

I don't mind once in a while (well, I mind a little bit), but it REALLY irritates me when kids use it in EVERY OTHER DARN SENTENCE. They it think it makes them sound cool, but actually, it makes them sounds like kids with low GPA and crap.

And I never thought only showing your longest finger was profane. I don't understand that. And I remember the F and the S word not as bad words when I was little, until my parents told me that. Maybe the profane stuff will get changed in the future. I heard that showing your ankles used to be considered profane.

Yeah, and the word "pants" was a bad word.

I heard the "S" word when I was a little kid. Although I didn't know what it was, I didn't say it back then either. And I've recently begun giving "the finger" a few times, mainly because a couple of other classmates gave it to me first.

In other nations, people wouldn't understand what you are trying to show.

Back