Cursing

Ornithologist Mario said:
"crap" isn't too bad, IMO.
Ya. Not too bad, But if I say it more than 5 times a day, I punch myself.

"crap" isn't too bad, IMO.
My parents are seriously strict, yet they swear in front of me all the time.
They use the f word a lot, but give out if I say crap.
I mean, shheesh!
But, I try not to swear.

Squirtle said:
O.K, On topic, you don't need to curse. It's really not nessary

Uh, people do that to relieve their stress actually. What's NOT necessary is when people use it to sound cool.

I don't find "damn" to be that inappropriate. It's more like a religious thing, like "hell".

This.

Say either word in front of me 50 times and I'll say "How are these two words swearing? It's stupid to think that they are bad words".

I'm not Christian, though, so maybe that's why I don't find it so inappropriate. But the word doesn't sound pretty, that's all, and I still don't get it why people cringe at those words. I mean, hell is just a place, isn't it? And "damn" is like "punish".

I don't know why "crap" is so bad too. Isn't there a guy called Crapper or something?

Yeah, it's the guy who got credited for building the toilet. Thomas Crapper. Though he didn't actually invent it.

Why do all your words need caps?

It is....but it makes you look like a madwoman.
No offence, BTW.

Speaking of cursing, Shadow says "damn" a lot in his own game. He says it every time he gets hit, falls into a bottomless abyss and at least one cutscene.

The Magic School Bus said:
Yeah, it's the guy who got credited for building the toilet. Thomas Crapper. Though he didn't actually invent it.
I thought it was John Crapper, hence why they call the toilet the John.

Mason said:

What about in Great Britain where they call the toilet "Lou"?

I take pride in the fact that I have never sworn, in real life or online.

Roll said:
Mason said:

What about in Great Britain where they call the toilet "Lou"?
Replace the "u" with an "O".
No offence, but I don't think "Loo" is a boy's name.

In regards to the person talking about Nickelodeon and how they'll allow minor swears in the future (I'm too lazy to go back and quote them), you might be right. I stumbled upon a completely unedited version of Dirty Harry a little while ago, and it wasn't even one of those fancy movie channels you have to pay extra for (though I can't remember what channel it was).

I think most TV nowadays goes to either extreme too much. Either it's way too childish/innocent and it comes off as stupid, or it's an idiotic show where they do stupid things and swear every other word. I remember the good old days with the perfect balance of innocence and innuendo.

Back