Mario Kart Wii discussion

It's necessary to know how to hold an item behind you if you want to do well in the 150cc and Mirror Mode cups.

I don't do that. I usually keep an item until I hear alert noises. Then I activate it. I do fine either way.

Holding an item seems safer to me, and I like to play it safe most of the time.

Has anyone ever experienced a glitch that allows them to perform an infinite wheelie? I once did, but I didn't realize it was a glitch until I went to the next race and couldn't do it.

It's so easy to lose your item, that's why I keep it in the inventory. Getting hit by anything means you're gonna drop your item and be defenseless.

Well, I haven't experienced that glitch. How do you activate it?

I like holding the Item behind me, Usually I keep it behind me until I get another hold Item, then release it and Hold the newer Item behind me. It really helps me during Wi-Fi, Since I use Automatic.

Don't you hate it when Red Shells take shortcuts?! That easily renders your defensive items useless.

They love to sneek up on you hitting the side of your car/bike.

Baby Luigi said:
It's so easy to lose your item, that's why I keep it in the inventory. Getting hit by anything means you're gonna drop your item and be defenseless.

Well, I haven't experienced that glitch. How do you activate it?
I don't know. It happened while I was playing versus mode with my family. We were just messing around on Moonview Highway and it happened. All of us were able to do it.

It was pretty cool, because we could do wheelies backward and during a spin turn, just by holding up on the D-pad on the GameCube controller.

Uh, guys, Red Shells don't attempt to hit you on your side in Mario Kart Wii. That's in Mario Kart DS. The only times Red Shells hit me is if I'm defenseless, I land on the shell, or I make a really sharp turn and it hits me on the side because of my turning.

I surprisingly avoided a Spiny Shell when I touched a Mushroom that was on the road. That never happened to me before.

Dodging Spiny Shells in Mario Kart Wii is fairly easy. I know how to time it just right, but heavyweights still get hit by it.

In Mario Kart Double Dash, I avoided the Spiny Shell a couple of times by drifting.

For some reason, though, when I time it the same for heavyweights, they get hit. Meh, I don't use heavyweights often anyway.

Middleweight is awesome. They can avoid the spiny shell.

You should save mushrooms for speeding over off-road shortcuts. Otherwise, I would use them so I can get items that can block incoming red shells.

I love to use blue shells online. I can just feel the person in first place angry.

Wait until you are in the end of the receiving stick.

Back