Mario Kart Wii discussion

The Quacker is so funny looking. xD

Opinions on character rosters? Who should be in, who should be out?

Nega-Man said:
Opinions on character rosters? Who should be in, who should be out?

Love the roster. I don't want anyone out in the next Mario Kart, that would make some fans depressed (especially if they remove Baby Luigi)

I want everybody (except Yoshi, but that's unrealistic) in.

I hope they can fit 24 characters and more in the Mario Kart 3DS

Other than Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Dry Bowser, and Funky Kong the list was ok for Mario Kart Wii. As big as it was at least it was more broadly appealing.

J said:
Other than Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Dry Bowser, and Funky Kong the list was ok for Mario Kart Wii. As big as it was at least it was more broadly appealing.

That is quite a few characters you mentioned.

I have unlocked almost everything in the game. Only Rosalina, the Sprinter, and Mii (Outfit B) remain to be unlocked! :)

Oh yeah, I forgot. If you have the SMG save file you automatically unlock her. I think thats pretty cool, btw. Other games should use that kind of method. Like, for example, if you have a Donkey Kong Country Returns save file on your Wii, and SSB4 came out for the Wii, you would automatically unlock a Donkey Kong character.

Raoul ÇaRoule said:
Oh yeah, I forgot. If you have the SMG save file you automatically unlock her.
Actually I think you still have to do a certain amount of races to unlock her, because I already had SMG by the time I got MKWii and I didn't automatically unlock Rosalina.

Yoshiwalker said:
Raoul ÇaRoule said:
Oh yeah, I forgot. If you have the SMG save file you automatically unlock her.
Actually I think you still have to do a certain amount of races to unlock her, because I already had SMG by the time I got MKWii and I didn't automatically unlock Rosalina.

Oh yeah. My Prima guide says you can unlock her by scoring Star or higher in all Mirror cups, playing 4950 games, or playing 50 races while having an SMG save file. So yeah.

She looks like a fun character to be, and it's cool to have a female riding the large karts and bikes.

The Toad Warrior said:
She looks like a fun character to be, and it's cool to have a female riding the large karts and bikes.
The hard way to unlock her is to get a star in the mirror Mushroom Cup!

Yes, I know how I have to unlock her. It's actually doing it that's hard.

Rosalina is fun to use too, and I think she's easy to unlock. Well, I dislike the requirement of unlocking staff ghosts to unlock stuff. It's pretty boring for me. It's not violent enough.

The lack of a 2-player grand prix also makes unlocking more tedious for us. I have to watch my sister play if she wants to unlock stuff and vice-versa :mad:

Once I unlock everything and get triple starred, I am not going back to play Grand Prix unless I want to see the replays. Why can't I see replays in VS. Matches? Darn it.

But I think having siblings that are interested outweighs that requirement to play Grand Prix and have no need for online.

Oh snap, forgot about that. Any course you recommend?

Back