Mario Kart Wii discussion

Wow, BLOF, triple star? The best i've got is two stars. You must be really good.

My Wii Wheel usage percentage is a whopping 0%.

MCSoulja said:
Wow, BLOF, triple star? The best i've got is two stars. You must be really good.

Eh, but my VR is a whopping 5000 because I never play online. And if I really want to, I can learn to use the Wii Wheel and get a golden triple-starred as well. The only reason I'm not using it is that is uses batteries.

I'm not that good. There are many other people out there that have triple-stars. But, I can pretty much beat everyone I played against in my school.

You should at least give it a shot at some point.

Stat bonuses are lame. *glares at Funky and Daisy*

'3K said:
You should at least give it a shot at some point.

Stat bonuses are lame. *glares at Funky and Daisy*

Actually, I did the first time I played the game. And I sucked at it. I stopped using it because of battery issue.

I agree that stat bonuses are lame. They should give character specific karts if they want unique characters.

Eh, but my VR is a whopping 5000 because I never play online. And if I really want to, I can learn to use the Wii Wheel and get a golden triple-starred as well. The only reason I'm not using it is that is uses batteries.

I'm not that good. There are many other people out there that have triple-stars. But, I can pretty much beat everyone I played against in my school.

Now HOW did you compete against people at school? Do you mean you exchanged friend codes with friends from school?

Wheeeee

Well, there's a classroom with a TV in it. In the free times, I take my Wii to that room, plug it up, and play. I usually score 1st place.

MCSoulja said:
Holy guacamole. I cant believe they let you do that at your school.

Well, they do.

I have fun replacing music and going at 200mph speeds while moon-jumping in Mario Kart Wii

I'm just saying since Baby Mario and Baby Luigi seem to be mainly in the big Mario Kart games like MKDD and MKWII; same for King Boo and Birdo. Until they become in the smaller one (assuming MK3DS will be a smaller Mario Kart) that's how I look at them. :P Dry Bones is mainly there because he was in MKDS, which was a small Mario Kart game.

Back on topic, yes I agree with you guys on stats. It's just not fair... Every character should have the same stats for their weight class, the stat boosts don't change the whole game, but it affects character selection a whole lot.

Peachy said:
I'm just saying since Baby Mario and Baby Luigi seem to be mainly in the big Mario Kart games like MKDD and MKWII; same for King Boo and Birdo. Until they become in the smaller one (assuming MK3DS will be a smaller Mario Kart) that's how I look at them. :P Dry Bones is mainly there because he was in MKDS, which was a small Mario Kart game.

Back on topic, yes I agree with you guys on stats. It's just not fair... Every character should have the same stats for their weight class, the stat boosts don't change the whole game, but it affects character selection a whole lot.

But neither was Bowser Jr., Toadette, Birdo, and Koopa Troopa. Dry Bones is on the same tier as those guys, since he didn't appear in MKDD either since they all did.

The stat boosts were not too big of an issue. It's too minor (except for Baby Mario and Baby Luigi) to be considered. Still, that doesn't stop people from abusing Daisy/Funky Kong

I still cant believe Donkey Kong Jr was playable in the first MK. I wish they brought him back, and enhanced his graphic. His last appearance was Melee as a trophy, I believe. Melee, in fact, revived alot of characters via trophies. Pit, that guy you play as in Donkey Kong 3, Donkey Kong Jr, etc.

And yes, stats can be annoying. Not much to say about that. I like Mario Kart Wii's roster out of all of the games though, since it has Baby Luigi, Dry Bowser (which is beastmode), Koopa, Dry Bones, and basically all the characters most people would like to play as.

Speaking of character rosters, arent Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, and Yoshi the only ones that are in every mario kart game? Also, who liked Mario Kart Arcade GP?

MCSoulja said:
I still cant believe Donkey Kong Jr was playable in the first MK. I wish they brought him back, and enhanced his graphic. His last appearance was Melee as a trophy, I believe. Melee, in fact, revived alot of characters via trophies. Pit, that guy you play as in Donkey Kong 3, Donkey Kong Jr, etc.

And yes, stats can be annoying. Not much to say about that. I like Mario Kart Wii's roster out of all of the games though, since it has Baby Luigi, Dry Bowser (which is beastmode), Koopa, Dry Bones, and basically all the characters most people would like to play as.

Speaking of character rosters, arent Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, and Yoshi the only ones that are in every mario kart game? Also, who liked Mario Kart Arcade GP?

Donkey Kong Jr. is probably going to be gone forever. And Mario Kart Wii would be awesome if it had Paratroopa playable in it. MKDD has all my favorite Mario characters in it.

Last of all, you forgot Toad, who also appeared in every Mario Kart game.

Oh yeah, forgot Toad. Besides those, thats about it, I think.

Have you ever played Mario Kart Arcade GP, BLOF?

Yeah, poor DKJR. I miss him. But at least we still have many records of him.

Oh yeah, Paratroopa. He would be cool. Also, I dont have Double Dash, but I really really want it. I may buy it at GameStop tomorrow. I'm real stingy with money. That's why I love gift cards. :D

I never played Arcade GP. I got all the information from the articles. The only thing I like about them is how Baby Mario and Baby Luigi appeared in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 as cameos </Baby Luigi fan talk>

Sucks to not have Mario Kart Double Dash. It's a really fun game. And I have lots of money due to my Chinese relatives giving me a lot of money every Christmas.

Oh, I dont remember that. I played Arcade GP at Disney World, since they have two Mario Kart Arcade GP 2s in the Pizza Planet down at Hollywood Studios. I just went there a few weeks ago, btw.

Well, I really do want it. I've been wanting it for about 2 years now, and have been too lazy to buy it. I wasted most of my second GameStop gift card on Tekken 4 and Tekken Tag Tournament. I regret that. I mean, its fun, but I rather would have bought MKDD.

Another reason I liked Mario Kart Double Dash was because it was the first time where I loved Baby Luigi in the first place.

@BLOF: Dry Bones place is unknown for now, I'm just saying from what I see now, he looks like he'll have a higher probability of being playable in Mario Kart games.

@MC: Isnt DKJR just the Donkey Kong we see today? =P

On another subject; does anyone miss the old weight classes? I sure do. I miss when Peach and Yoshi were known as light characters... Now light characters are just babies. And let me tell you, as much as I love Baby Peach, she shouldn't be the "way" to play Peach as a light character.

I liked Peach when she was light too, but I still use her every now and then. Still, the Light Heavy Middle thing was applied to Mario Kart Double Dash so if you want a light Luigi, Baby Luigi was the way to go (which was probably the main reason I now prefer Baby Luigi over Luigi, I used to be the other way around). Unless you hack it.

I liked the newer system, but mainly so it won't take up space for Baby Luigi.

Yeah. And Peachy, not just the babies are in lightweight, also Koopa Troopa. But Im sure you were just generalizing it.

Anyhoo, I think I read something about DKJR being DK. Idk about that. Its a whole fan speculation thing.

If you're going to say that about DK Jr., look at Mario Tennis N64. Or better, look at Baby Luigi and Luigi

MCSoulja said:
Yeah. And Peachy, not just the babies are in lightweight, also Koopa Troopa. But Im sure you were just generalizing it.

Anyhoo, I think I read something about DKJR being DK. Idk about that. Its a whole fan speculation thing.
I'm just saying generally, there's too much babies. =P

Peachy said:

Heavy characters basically bounce all babies of the track.
:mad:

Peachy said:
MCSoulja said:

I'm just saying generally, there's too much babies. =P

They should just have Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. The idea of them playable used to be clever and unique until Nintendo got overboard and put the Baby Princesses in. And then that's when people make these jokes about baby versions of every character.

I think the next Mario Kart should have just Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. After all, they were the original babies.

Back