Mario Kart Wii discussion

Small character roster, ugly graphics, broken karts, spiny shells, yoshi falls...

Ornithologist Mario said:
It's lower if it is just beeping Baby Luigi.

You'd be bitter too if they didn't include your precious Mario in that game

ToxicBox said:
I want bowser jr in Mario Kart 3DS

Me too, but I want Baby Luigi and Toadette especially in. Waluigi, Wario, and Donkey Kong are a shoe-in by now

ToxicBox said:
I have all 6 Mario Karts

I only have two, Mario Kart Super Circuit and Mario Kart Wii.

And I agree with you on Bowser Jr. Has he been in a MKW game yet? Baby Weegee! He'd better be in a future title.

MCSoulja said:
ToxicBox said:
I have all 6 Mario Karts

I only have two, Mario Kart Super Circuit and Mario Kart Wii.

And I agree with you on Bowser Jr. Has he been in a MKW game yet? Baby Weegee! He'd better be in a future title.

He's been in two Mario Karts. Gosh, that's why I hate MKDS. The roster excluded so many important characters from the series (read: Koopa Troopa, Bowser Jr., Toadette, Paratroopa, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, epsecially the first three people >_>). At least Toad was there, but still...

And the multiplayer of Mario Kart 3DS should be a million times better than what we have of MKDS

Agreed. Yes, the DS version did suck, I played it at a friends house once, but I mean the Battle mode was alright, and half decent. I also liked how you battled bosses from previous Mario games, I mean that's pretty cool.

So what are you guys' opinions on Mario Kart Wii?

MCSoulja said:
Agreed. Yes, the DS version did suck, I played it at a friends house once, but I mean the Battle mode was alright, and half decent. I also liked how you battled bosses from previous Mario games, I mean that's pretty cool.

I must be the only person that thought the game was awesome. I don't really care about the roster much, so that wasn't a problem to me. I mainly played with my family, so the lacking online play didn't hurt it.

The mission mode was fun. I had a blast racing and battling, especially battling (I've always liked that more than racing anyways). There weren't any really unfair items (unlike Mario Kart Wii). The map that they had was innovative, and I wish they'd bring it back. In terms of skill, Mario Kart DS probably took the most out of all of the other games to win (snaking, no broken items, no bikes). I liked it much more than Mario Kart Wii. The only thing I wish Mario Kart DS had was the Bob-omb battle from Mario Kart Double Dash. Okay, and maybe a better online mode.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
He's been in two Mario Karts. Gosh, that's why I hate MKDS. The roster excluded so many important characters from the series (read: Koopa Troopa, Bowser Jr., Toadette, Paratroopa, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, epsecially the first three people >_>). At least Toad was there, but still...

And the multiplayer of Mario Kart 3DS should be a million times better than what we have of MKDS
All of them are 3rd characters. =P

1st: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, Bowser
2nd: Daisy, Waluigi, Dry Bones (?)
3rd: Toadette, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, King Boo

The 1st are like guaranteed to be in every Mario Kart, 2nd is the ones who have high chances of being playable, and 3rd is just if it's a big game like MKWII. That's how I separate the characters lol

Leonyx said:
MCSoulja said:
There weren't any really unfair items (unlike Mario Kart Wii).

What items did you think were unfair?

MCSoulja said:

It wasn't the items, persay, but the way the item selection worked. I didn't like how the game rewarded people for being in last. Technically, all of the games did that, but Mario Kart Wii was especially bad at it, at least that's how I felt.

Leonyx said:
MCSoulja said:

It wasn't the items, persay, but the way the item selection worked. I didn't like how the game rewarded people for being in last. Technically, all of the games did that, but Mario Kart Wii was especially bad at it, at least that's how I felt.

It can be both fair and unfair. For example, if you're playing against some professional MKWii driver, and he throws a million shells at you since he's in last, that would be unfair. It's fair when you are in last place and you go Bullet Bill on the n00bs in first place (especially if they're computers).

Peachy said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:

All of them are 3rd characters. =P

2nd: Baby Mario, Baby Luigi Daisy, Waluigi, Toadette
3rd: King Boo, Dry Bones, Dry Bowser

The 1st are like guaranteed to be in every Mario Kart, 2nd is the ones who have high chances of being playable, and 3rd is just if it's a big game like MKWII. That's how I separate the characters lol
Fixed.

MCSoulja said:
It can be both fair and unfair. For example, if you're playing against some professional MKWii driver, and he throws a million shells at you since he's in last, that would be unfair. It's fair when you are in last place and you go Bullet Bill on the n00bs in first place (especially if they're computers).

That really shouldn't be happening that often though. That makes the person in first place undeserving of his or her position, and the same goes for the person in last. I know it makes the game more equal, but when you consistantly do better than others and it only takes a Bullet Bill for someone to catch up or even sabotage your position, it makes the game less skillful and more about letting everyone win. That's fine if you like that aspect, but I didn't. Really, items like the Bullet Bill are never fair, they only level the playing field.

Leonyx said:
That really shouldn't be happening that often though. That makes the person in first place undeserving of his or her position, and the same goes for the person in last. I know it makes the game more equal, but when you consistantly do better than others and it only takes a Bullet Bill for someone to catch up or even sabotage your position, it makes the game less skillful and more about letting everyone win. That's fine if you like that aspect, but I didn't. Really, items like the Bullet Bill are never fair, they only level the playing field.

Yes, true. But it's always fair when you use the big boy items on the CPUs. Since they're not a real person, it never gets unfair. It's only unfair when a CPU uses a big boy item when you're in first place, which pisses me off sometimes. Now, yes, if you're playing with a friend, it shouldn't happen too often unless you're dying to go into 1st place. Its all about having fun for me.

Peachy said:
2nd: Daisy, Waluigi, Dry Bones (?)
3rd: Toadette, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, King Boo

Sorry, Dry Bones is DEFINITELY not a 2nd character. He's on the same tier as Toadette, Baby Mario, etc.

No items are unfair in MKW. The only one that really pisses me off is the accursed Spiny Shell.

And BTW, Chain Chomps>>>>>>>>Bullet Bills

MCSoulja said:
Yes, true. But it's always fair when you use the big boy items on the CPUs. Since they're not a real person, it never gets unfair. It's only unfair when a CPU uses a big boy item when you're in first place, which pisses me off sometimes. Now, yes, if you're playing with a friend, it shouldn't happen too often unless you're dying to go into 1st place. Its all about having fun for me.

Well, it's fine if it's just computer players (even though the items make it easier for them to kick you out of first place). But not online.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
No items are unfair in MKW. The only one that really pisses me off is the accursed Spiny Shell.

Chain Chomps actually aren't as good as Bullet Bills because they can be cancelled. I don't believe Bullet Bills can be. And like I said, the way they are chosen in Mario Kart Wii makes them too powerful for people in lower places. The items themselves weren't that bad, the frequency was the problem.

Spiny Shells should go back to being the Blue Shell from Mario Kart 64. It actually took skill to use.

I'm often baffled as to why people frequently refer to the Spiny Shell item as a Blue Shell. Spiny Shells and Blue Shells behave in completely different manners, especially in the Mario Strikers series. Of course, the Mario Strikers Spiny Shell isn't colored blue, but you do get my point.

Leonyx said:
Well, it's fine if it's just computer players (even though the items make it easier for them to kick you out of first place). But not online.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:

Chain Chomps actually aren't as good as Bullet Bills because they can be cancelled. I don't believe Bullet Bills can be. And like I said, the way they are chosen in Mario Kart Wii makes them too powerful for people in lower places. The items themselves weren't that bad, the frequency was the problem.

Spiny Shells should go back to being the Blue Shell from Mario Kart 64. It actually took skill to use.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Online can get unfair. Same for CPU races, since they can use items against you. And to make it worse, there's 12 of them.

Also, I know how to cancel the Spiny Shell and the POW Block. Works quite handy. Also, have you ever gotten a star rating in MKWii? Ive gotten a star rating in about 4 races.

MnSG said:
I'm often baffled as to why people frequently refer to the Spiny Shell item as a Blue Shell. Spiny Shells and Blue Shells behave in completely different manners, especially in the Mario Strikers series. Of course, the Mario Strikers Spiny Shell isn't colored blue, but you do get my point.

This. A million times.

Leonyx said:

Chain Chomps require more skill to use than a Bullet Bill. You can't just shoot one out in any random spot. For example, if you shot it backwards, it would break off. If you also shoot it at a wall, it will also detach itself. But the best part about it is how I knock all my opponents out of the way and when it releases, it knocks anyone in front of it.

Grounded Spiny Shells are the best. They certainly helped my sister, who was in 8th place once. The Grounded Spiny Shells were the best in MKSC, where you can place it behind you and it sits until the 1st guy comes.

MCSoulja said:
Yeah, that's what I meant. Online can get unfair. Same for CPU races, since they can use items against you. And to make it worse, there's 12 of them.

Also, I know how to cancel the Spiny Shell and the POW Block. Works quite handy. Also, have you ever gotten a star rating in MKWii? Ive gotten a star rating in about 4 races.

Eh, I never had too much problem with the CPU, other than they sometimes screw me up, but that happens rarely.

It's called, "Avoiding Spiny Shell" and it's extremely easy to do (for me anyway) in Mario Kart Wii, although you need a Mushroom. Cancelling POW blocks is useful and yes, I know how to do that.

Since I'm triple star, I got triple star in all my races.

Back