Mario Kart Wii discussion

Okay, thanks for the help, LGM, It seems a little complicated, to me :P, but I'll try. Besides, I think my brother would screw up Homebrew and that stuff if I got it. And now I think my Mario Kart Wii disc isn't working..hmm...

OJ Toad said:
Okay, thanks for the help, LGM, It seems a little complicated, to me :P, but I'll try. Besides, I think my brother would screw up Homebrew and that stuff if I got it. And now I think my Mario Kart Wii disc isn't working..hmm...

1. Don't worry, everything's complicated when you first see it. When you actually do it, it's a lot less complicated than it sounds because the programs do most of the dirty work for you. But in order to install Homebrew, you need to use an exploit. You need Brawl (or several other specific games) in order to install Homebrew.

Again, no worries, LGM and I were completely new to soft-modding our Wii. We were probably just as confused as you are and need to read the directions carefully.

2. Hopefully, your brother won't screw it up. I think the closest thing he can do to screwing it up is either uninstalling it or messing around with the folders in the SD card.

3. That sucks. Is it the disc that's faulty or is it the Wii itself?

If other Wii discs work, then it's your Mario Kart Wii disc. If all Wii discs don't work, then it's your Wii. This had happened to us before, and Nintendo repaired our Wii. However, our Wii couldn't read the Brawl discs 100%, but we got another Wii and a copy of Brawl from Nintendo for free.

Hm, I'd recommend giving your disk a thorough cleaning just in case OJ Toad. The same issue happened to me; however, wiping the disk solved the random error messages.

Though I can't say the same for my Brawl disk. Some characters won't work for my disk apparently (Yoshi completely and Wario's final smash :???:).

Propeller Toad said:
Though I can't say the same for my Brawl disk. Some characters won't work for my disk apparently (Yoshi completely and Wario's final smash :???:).

Yoshi doesn't work? W00t!!

I know that problem before. LGM and I had a problem where Pit and Olimar are completely unplayable.

Your problem is that your Wii couldn't read the dual-layered disc. It either has too much debris in it or your disc is damaged. Living with a smoker can cause the dual-layered precision laser to malfunction.

Propeller Toad said:
Hm, I'd recommend giving your disk a thorough cleaning just in case OJ Toad. The same issue happened to me; however, wiping the disk solved the random error messages.

That happened to us before (when we were about to us Pit, Pokemon Trainer, and Olimar). I strongly suggest that you take your Wii to Nintendo and have it repaired. We did that and we paid nothing. However, we had to get a new Wii and a new copy of Brawl during that process (Nintendo provided these for free, though, to us).

Thanks for the info guys. It is nice to know I'm not the only person with this problem. :)

Thanks for the advice LGM; however, I think I'll leave the problem for now. Brawl is so far the only game with this kind of problem, and judging by the limited amount of time I have for using my Wii might allow me to ignore the problem as I always have recently. Fortunately, there are no Yoshi users in my household, though it is an annoying to have the random Wario cpu to get his final smash and end a match with an error message. :P

The biggest problem you will face is probably completing 1-player mode, where you have to face Yoshi, such as 1-player, event, and Subspace Emissary.

Yes, we decided to ignore that problem as well, but we missed using those omitted characters.

Propeller Toad said:
Thanks for the info guys. It is nice to know I'm not the only person with this problem. :)

Thanks for the advice LGM; however, I think I'll leave the problem for now. Brawl is so far the only game with this kind of problem, and judging by the limited amount of time I have for using my Wii might allow me to ignore the problem as I always have recently. Fortunately, there are no Yoshi users in my household, though it is an annoying to have the random Wario cpu to get his final smash and end a match with an error message. :P

You're welcome ;)

If you want to play Brawl, then you should turn off Smash Balls. I know it's painful (I hated the times I couldn't play as Pit or Olimar) but it's a workaround until you can get your Wii fixed.

Again, Brawl is unique because it's a dual-layered disc. Dual layered discs require more laser precision than the standard one and thus can get more errors easily concerning reading the information via lasers than regular discs.

La Marionette said:
The biggest problem you will face is probably completing 1-player mode, where you have to face Yoshi, such as 1-player, event, and Subspace Emissary.

Yes, we decided to ignore that problem as well, but we missed using those omitted characters.

Fortunately, I was able to defeat the SSE quite a while before this problem occurred. Indeed, it is upsetting to see the fact that I would be unable to do it again due to Yoshi's status as a lead character (though fortunately I do know others who own Brawl in order to play as Yoshi again). Not to mention that I haven't completed Classic and All Star mode with all characters yet.

However, I tend to focus more on the multiplayer option more so these days. I don't really have the time I once had to explore the various parts of each game unfortunately.

You're welcome

If you want to play Brawl, then you should turn off Smash Balls. I know it's painful (I hated the times I couldn't play as Pit or Olimar) but it's a workaround until you can get your Wii fixed.

Again, Brawl is unique because it's a dual-layered disc. Dual layered discs require more laser precision than the standard one and thus can get more errors easily concerning reading the information via lasers than regular discs.

Well for me, it is only Yoshi and Wolf (an optional character in the SSE) who do not work (in fact they cause the error message right upon selecting them). Wario only causes an error upon using the Smash Ball (though I usually omit him from being a cpu since the problem first arose).

I do understand the problem now; however. I'd assume that it probably might be the double layered disk of Brawl that is causing the problem. :)

Allan said:
Guys. I think this topic is about Mario Kart Wii.

You think? It is about Mario Kart Wii and sorry about straying off.

Anyway, I played, uh, Battle Mode yesterday (or was it the day before?)

Allan said:
Guys. I think this topic is about Mario Kart Wii.

We just wanted to help Propeller Toad on a related subject. :P And somebody mentioned how his/her Wii doesn't seem to read the disc.

Baby Luigi said:
OJ Toad said:

1. Don't worry, everything's complicated when you first see it. When you actually do it, it's a lot less complicated than it sounds because the programs do most of the dirty work for you. But in order to install Homebrew, you need to use an exploit. You need Brawl (or several other specific games) in order to install Homebrew.

Again, no worries, LGM and I were completely new to soft-modding our Wii. We were probably just as confused as you are and need to read the directions carefully.

2. Hopefully, your brother won't screw it up. I think the closest thing he can do to screwing it up is either uninstalling it or messing around with the folders in the SD card.

3. That sucks. Is it the disc that's faulty or is it the Wii itself?

1. Mmkay, I'll try to install it if I can..

2. Yeah, I have a ton of SD cards he doesn't care to mess with..

3. I Dunno, I think it's the disc..

Did anyone ever model-swapped a course from another game into this game? Because it would be awesome to play some Mario Kart 64 courses using Mario Kart Wii's engine.

Anyway, playing with giant green shells as the only item is fun. Funner than those boring, red shells and stupid spiny shells beeping at you all day.

/apologizes with a nearly month old bump but I want to revive the Mario Kart Wii conversation

What's the best Battle Course from that game?

La Marionette said:
What's the best Battle Course from that game?

DS Twilight House

Yoshidude99 said:
I think she means Mario Kart 64

If that is what she meant, then it's Skyscraper

Sorry, I meant for Mario Kart Wii. I know I hate Chain Chomp Wheel the most.

I dislike the slantiness... but I love the Piantas cheering in those precarious balconies.

Gardevoir said:
La Marionette said:
I dislike the slantiness... but I love the Piantas cheering in those precarious balconies.

It could be *bleep* as a course but if it has piantas i shall love it... but i feel stupid..

In Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, one of the Yoshi courses is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE and....

I NEVER PLAYED MARIO KART ARCADE GP 2!!!

There's one (kinda obvious) reason I love it without playing it

Back